Friday, June 2, 2017

bareMinerals NEW Statement Lip Collection SWATCHES + REVIEW


                 We have an unexpected blog post here today, my loves. Sephora, and bareMinerals, cordially, sent me their entire, and NEW, Statement Lip collection as a gift. THREE WORDS - OH MY GOSH. The first part of this blog post will be on my initial thoughts on the packaging, and the product's themselves (color wise). The second part will be on the formula, and my final thoughts put together! I must say, I am PULLED BACK. At first, I thought Sephora sent me a random mail box...little did your mermaid know, it was jam packed with over 25 NEW bold shades, in 10 finishes. 

                 Let's start with the mailbox. Now, as not knowing any gift was going to arrive at my doorstep, I was a bit confused seeing a huge white mailbox...from Sephora. I thought to myself, "who the heck sends someone a mailbox? Guess I'll have to find out later when I arrive back home!" WELL. I came home, examined the box, and first saw a beautiful letter from Sephora saying they respect my work, my beauty, and my efforts to make everyone feel beautiful and confident in their own skin. I then asked myself, "UHHHHHH....OKAY? Sephora, my babes, I love you! Buh...uh...where is the lip products?!" Well, I'll be my loves. I slid open the mailbox, and BOOM!! THREE packages came sliding out. Gee, I gotta' keep up with that mail, hehe.

                For the recrod, I think the concept of "getting mail" is absolutely adorable, and to be frank UNIQUE! From the packages you can see above, and below I have directly quoted from the letter the items I shall be reviewing, and featuring today. PLEASE know this is a GIFT, not a sponsorship, since I was not aware any items were coming - but I don't want anyone to be confused, or turned off, and unaware. 

 Statement Lip 
Avalible in 25 bold shades and 3 finishes
Luxe-Shine Lipstick - 10 shades

Launced 5/26, and now avalible in stores, 6/2!


                 The liquid lipsticks are in a typical bareMinerals sleek container with a black top, medium sized bottle, and a clear plastic see-through center. I personally love this, because I easily can see the given colors when seeking a lip color, come the morning!  The Liquid Lipcolor's are said to be produced with a silky formula, that glides right on, that is moisture drenched, and dries down to a long-wearing SHINE-FREE finish. Basically, this is a totally matte liquid lipstick collection! Now, I have tried MANY liquid lipsticks before, so be aware I'm cultured in this area, and I might do a few pulled comparisons throughout this blog post. 

               Here is a copied, and pasted ingredients list of "LUXE", to give you loves an idea of what is in this beauty product! Each color might have one-five different ingredients used, but this will giva ya' a general idea. Anything in BOLD is benefical and hydrating for the lips!

"Primer-infused Ingredients: Gives a gorgeous soft focus effect, and helps with transfer resistance; helps prevent feathering or bleeding. 

-Plant-based Waxes: Bring a hydrating feel to lips. 



Isododecane, Octyldodecanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl Ppg-20 Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Methicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Glyceryl Behenate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Diisostearyl Malate, Vanillin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Silica Silylate, Water, Sorbitan Oleate, Caprylyl Glycol. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)."


            Each color is photographed below, along with a description of the product color, and my thoughts on the formula of each color, since we all know formula's might fluctuate as the color ingredients change! Just beforehand, know each product preformed the same, and really has me SHELL-SHOCKED. Continue reading on ;)! 

~All colors were photographed with NO makeup, and BLACK clothes, and with NO saturation edits. This is pure sunlight, and pure beauty of the colors!


                   'Fresh', Matte Liquid Lipcolor is a warm, and bold pink! This applied very smoothly, and I noticed it had one swipe pigment. Compared to Anastasia's Liquid Lipstick, this formula is MUCH comfier, more lightweight, and has a Nyx Matte Lip Cream feel to it, just with added benefits (I prefer this, to be quite honest, which says a lot since I was a HUGE NYX MLC supporter for a while).


               'OMG', Matte Liquid Lipcolor is a BEAUTIFUL vivid violet! This color is rather interesting because if looked at one way, it has strong BLUE undertones, but if looked at another angle, it actually is very warm, and extremely Summer ready. I love how this didn't feather, and was VERY easy to apply thanks to the doe-foot applicator. 


                'LUXE', Matte Liquid Lipcolor is a dirty pastel pink! Not my color, but it would look gorgeous on those with cooler undertones, or with darker skin. The texture goes on like SILK, and dries down matte within 3 minutes! With most light colors, you yield awful coverage, but not with 'Luxe'! It had pigment from the first swipe ;). 


                  'Shameless', Matte Liquid Lipcolor is a neon hot pink! This is basically your typical "Barbie" pink. Very gorgeous color, and very easy to manipulate. I feel anyone, with any skin color can pull this baby off!


               'FIRE', Matte Liquid Lipcolor is a fiery orange red, which I like to call "crushed tomato". This is probably my MOST favorite shade out of all the liquid lipcolors, understandably so! Everyone needs a little Fire in their life. 


                 'Flawless', Matte Liquid Lipcolor is a muted plum, but on me a muted mauve! For those of you in on mauvey lip colors, snag this baby fast, because mark my words, 'Flawless' will be a top seller for bareMinerals. It instantly lightens to complexion, and brights focus to the eyes! 


             'Vip', Matte Liquid Lipcolor is a crimson red! This extremely bold color has a "fruity" appearance to it, and adhered to my lips WONDERFULLY. I always mess up with applying red lipstick, since any imperfections of application are noticeable, but thanks to the wand, this was a 123 experience. LOVE, VIP. Reminds me of strawberries, and smells like vanilla! 


               'Naughty', Matte Liquid Lipcolor is a medium toned rustic red! I know bareMinerals describes this as an oxblood, which has a brown tone to it, but I see more of a rusty undertone to this color. Regardless, it's stunning, and easily a favorite. I noticed by this point with testing all the colors, there was no sticky residue, and it remained silky ALL day! 


                 'Juicy', Matte Liquid Lipcolor is a POPPY red color! This color was SO stunning, I didn't want to take it off!! It's sorta muted, sorta not, sorta red, sorta watermelon like...but one thing I can say it's all sorts of SEXY. 


                'Devious', Matte Liquid Lipcolor is a rich burgundy, though it leans more like a rich plum on my skin tone! I did notice this required two coatings of product, but at the end of applications it looked effortless, and smoldering. I love how this color wasn't so bold, just a beautiful deep Summer color! 

All the lipcolors swatched on my arm in natural lighting, not in front of the sun, with no edits!
The colors are in the same order that you see the photos above in. 


               Now, let's move onto the Statement Luxe Shine Lipstick! These babies are SO up my alley. I like color that I can control. These are hydrating, and amazing for warm Summer days when you just want a dash of color. Interestingly, these can be bold, yet also they can be soft! Coming in TWO finishes, see a sample ingredients list below provided by Sephora.com, and BareMinerals.com. Also, scroll down further for swatches!

"Rebound

-Quadruple Milled Pigments: Provide 3D color release for true, vivid color. 
-Mango Butter and Rapeseed Oil: Help soften lips and ensure a smooth application. 


Alpha, Biba, Flash, Hustler, Nsfw, Rebound, Srsly Red, Obsessed: 
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mango Butter Dimer Dilinoleyl Esters/Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Polyethylene, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline), Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate/Ipdi Copolymer, Triisocetyl Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Nylon-12, Water, Swertia Chirata Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Silica, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Carmine (Ci 75470), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985). 



Elite: 
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mango Butter Dimer Dilinoleyl Esters/Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Polyethylene, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline), Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate/Ipdi Copolymer, Triisocetyl Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Nylon-12, Water, Swertia Chirata Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Silica, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Carmine (Ci 75470), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985). 



Frenchie, Tease: 
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mango Butter Dimer Dilinoleyl Esters/Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Polyethylene, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline), Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate/Ipdi Copolymer, Triisocetyl Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Nylon-12, Water, Swertia Chirata Extract, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Silica, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Carmine (Ci 75470), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)."


                    'Tease', Luxe Shine Lipstick is a peachy pink laced with gold pearl, thus this comes in a shimmer finish, though it's nearly matte, and the gold hits light in JUST the right spots! I fell in love with this peachy color from the moment I opened the tube. Anyone with neutral, or warm skin tones NEEDS this staple. The formula glides on like a bottle of coconut oil, and stays that way throughout one's wear time!

                 'Biba', Luxe Shine Lipstick is a clean bubblegum pink! This really contrasted wonderfully against my eyes. Unlike Tease, Biba comes in a satin finish, thus it's hydrating, yet also in between the lines of matte! Biba will stop all action in a room, as soon as ya' put it on. (color is also VERY true to what you see online, which is a plus in my book)


           'Rebound', Luxe Shine Lipstick is a neutral medium toned pink! I think of this as a petal shade, that will work on the warmest of undertones, and even neutral to cool undertones, too. It is very beautiful, and long-lasting to my surprise which shocked me SINCE hydrating formulas don't always mean long-wearing.


                  'Flash', Luxe Shine Lipstick is a warm coral red! This actually looks like crushed fruit, in a juicy mix to me, rather so much as a coral shade.


                'Alpha', Luxe Shine Lipstick is a satiny raspberry pink! Reminding me of my favorite hibiscus flower, Alpha is a showstopper and had no issues of bleeding or fading throughout my 3 hour wear time.



                'SRSLY RED', Luxe Shine Lipstick is a TRUE and bright red! Besides SRSLY loving the lipstick's name, when seeking a red lipstick, every woman wants one that is hydrating and FULL of color. Well, let me tell ya'. This had one swipe pigment, 5-hour wear, and DID NOT FEATHER even without lip liner, and a lip primer! That's pretty darn amazing, considering red's fade quick, and hydrating formulas + red always equal disaster. 


                   'Hustler', Luxe Shine Lipstick is a garnet red, with a red pearl (I saw a tiny amount of gold pearl)! GUYS. This warm toned red, is something every woman with warm undertones should have in their collection! I was pulled back...quite literally, when I stepped into the sunlight, and saw the pearl. While it is subtle, and DOES last the entire wear time, it isn't obnoxious (far from it), and is so sensational of a color!


              'Frenchie', Luxe Shine Lipstick is a satin, with a vibrant berry magenta color! Frenchie was already on my favorite's list, after I saw caught whim of the name. Honestly, it's brilliance. For example, "Oh yes, I just need to touch up my lips with FRENCHIE." "Oh, haha, hold on, I gotta pull out Frenchie for a touch-up". HOW CUTE, and how beautiful of a lip color. This entire collection looks like fruit was squeezed onto one's lips, and drenched in moisture + pigment! 


              'Elite', Luxe Shine Lipstick is a rose gold with a berry base, and pearl finish! A very unique shade, for very unique women out there. This really is a stand-a-lone color, that speaks for itself, so I'd suggest no eye makeup, but perhaps a gilded highlight, and you're SET. 


                   'NSFW', Luxe Shine Lipstick is a blackened plum! On my skintone, it leans more like a rich berry hue. For those curious this had one swipe pigment, like all the other colors in the collection, and was a pleasure to sport for the few hours I wore it during testing time!! I will say one must "WARM" the color up a before application to get the oils rolling (mango butter is a main feature in this lipstick).

All the lipcolors swatched on my arm in natural lighting, not in front of the sun, with no edits! The colors are in the same order that you see the photos above in. Each color sorta' reminds me of the Liquid Lipcolor's, however the undertones and textures vary! 


              Lastly, here we have the lip liners that work perfectly with the Statement Lip Collections colors! You get to choose from 5 unique colors, that'll correlate to any given pinks, reds, orange...and so on. My lips were KILLING me after the 20th lip swatch, so I decided an arm swatch would suffice! These from my findings glide on effortlessly, and SOMEHOW remained sharp even with me writing out "BAREMINERALS" under the swatches. Below is a guide to how you should pair the lip liners, to the lip colors, but feel free to MIX and MATCH ;)! 

From left to right:
Kiss-A-Thon - Neutral Pink 
Perfect for Fresh, Luxe, Flawless, and Tease

100% - True cherry red
Perfect for Fire, VIP, Naughty, SRSLY Red

Wired - Brick red
Perfect for Flash, NSFW, Juicy

Graphic - Intense blackberry
Perfect for Devious, NSFW, Elite

Genius - Medium Fuchsia 
Perfect for OMG, Shameless, Alpha, Frenchie

(these prime, and are also blendable)
(bareMinerals = Bare Minerals)

               All of these products mentioned here today are made without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates! I hope you love enjoyed this little "show and tell" review blog post with TONS of swatches. This surprise deserves a big hug for bareMinerals, and Sephora. Thank you, everyone, for reading, XOXO. What were your favorite colors from this collection based on my swatches above?! Comment below!