Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Shell Pink Eye Widening Makeup Look


                        Happy Wednesday, love bunnies! Instead of a typical "here's my makeup of the day" tutorial, I aimed towards a more eye widening makeup look, that will work on ANY complexion, since shell pink, and my highlight color of soft gold adhere to numerous undertones, and skin tones. The trick behind making one's eyes look "BIGGER" comes down to complimentary colors. For example, using white on the waterlines looks very unnatural to me, and really does nothing for my round almond shaped eyes. However, a contrasting warm brown on the waterlines instantly perks my eyes OPEN, and when transferred to my upper waterlines, creates a wider outline, thus making my eyes seem even bigger than they are. Along with waterline colors, methods of mascara application, lipstick color, and shadow application matter, too! Read along to see what products I used, and HOW I used them. By the way, at the bottom of this blog post, I embedded the first part of the Little Mermaid's "Part of Your World" song that you cuties have been asking me to sing since last week!! ENJOY :)! 

Sugarpill Cosmetics - Liquid Lipstick, Trinket
                     The color of lipstick you choose will 100% affect the way your eyes reflect, and how "big" they appear. I chose Trinket by Sugarpill since this shade of light mauve leans more peachy on me, which compliments my skin tone beautifully, and the gold flecks accent the gold/green towards the center of my eyes wonderfully, thus pulling the entire look together, and keeping the focus on MY EYES. If you have green eyes, try a soft nude, a medium mauve, or a purple based pink! If you have beautiful amber to deep chocolate brown eyes try a warm nude, a mocha color, or a sensual warm mauve. For those who have hazel eyes, stick with pure mauve's, slight pinks, and purple based browns (mahogany)! 

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
                Well defined eyebrows will draw ALL the attention to your eyes, however, make sure your brows look natural enough that one doesn't notice your fuzzy beauties FIRST! I like to lightly brush color over for definition, but you only see my eyes -- if you like thicker, or bolder eyebrows, try to keep the main product thickness towards the center brows. This will HELP keep people's attention towards the eyes! 

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette: Primavera + Vermeer (highlight shade - side of nose, brow bones, inner corners), Love Letter + Venetian Red (crease, lower lash lines; color was "simmered" with the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick)
Morphe Brushes - 25A Copper Spice Eyeshadow Palette: Shade 8 (crease, well blended), Shade 13 + 14 (inner v)

                 Since the shirt I was wearing is a beautiful and juicy toned red, I kept my makeup primarily in the pink spectrum. A few pointers for those seeking to make their eyes look bigger goes as follows:
*Stick with a highlight shade towards your brow bones, and towards the inner corners of your eyes. This draws light IN.
 * Make sure your highlight color of choice is complimentary to your undertone. I have neutral to WARM undertones, so I like to apply Primavera from Abh's Modern Ren. Palette first, with a bit of Vermeer to make the final color more golden! 
*I have visible eyelids, so I play up on that empty space, and apply a highlighting shade, that has a SHIMMER, on the inner thirds to outer thirds, this way the texture plays off of light, and widens my eyes. This trick will work for those with hooded eyes, too! 
*If you MUST use a crease color, choose something complimentary. For me, I look best in warm eyeshadow colors, so I dusted a warm light taupe into my crease, with a slight hint of red, which accents off of my eyes, and a smudge of definition with cocoa brown to redefine my upper, and lower lash lines.
*Drag whatever you have in the crease onto the lower lash lines. This will drag the eyes DOWN, and create a fully defined, and wide eye effect! 

Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Color, Cocoa 
Applied on the waterlines, and smudged slightly onto the upper lash lines
L'Oreal Makeup - Voluminous Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara 
       Ciate London - Wonderwand Mascara
(Loreal builds length, Ciate builds extreme volume)

               You can opt in for false eyelashes, but I found my round eyes look best without the lashes...took me long enough! If you have round almond eyes like me, false eyelashes that are too dramatic will stretch the eye shape horizontally, while regular coats of mascara will from all ends widen. If you have hooded eyes, you can of course use voluminous falsies, but I still think mascara looks best ;)