Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Beauty Bakerie Cosmetics Lip Whips Review w/ Swatches (Gingersnap, French Toast, Louvre Palace)


              As promised, here is the Beauty Bakerie Cosmetics Lip Whip review blog post! Nothing typed here is sponsored, and everything purchased is with MY OWN money. Opinions expressed below are stickily MINE, and are not influenced by the company in any way. Just want to make sure everyone viewing this is aware, and knows what they'll read below is pure gold, without a scratch mark to be found.


                  First off, I am new to the brand Beauty Bakerie! I thought, and still do think their concept is adorable, and quite intriguing. A cosmetic brand inspired by sugary sweets? HOW CUTE! They have complimentary products such as their Lip Whips (get it), that truly draw any buyer in seeking quirky, and fun new products to test out. I decided to go with their most popular selling product, the Lip Whip, since I felt I could do for a few fresh new set of liquid lipstick colors. Featured above is Gingersnap, French Toast, and Louvre Palace


                     Starting with the specs, Beauty Bakerie claims their product is long-lasting, smudge proof, as well as water-proof. It's a vegan product, that MAY cause stickiness if the product is not allowed to dry for an ample amount of time, or if the product is layered more than 3 times. Is any of this true from my experience? YES. Long-lasting, for sure, however I noticed the shades are patchy after a while. Smudge-proof, YES. I did notice it was difficult to remove even with coconut oil...see my swatches after removal above, and finally water-proof ties into everything else, it was resistant to water. Talking about formula, here is a copy and paste of the shade 'Gingersnap'.

"Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin [+/- (May Contain): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Orange 5 Lake (CI 45370), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 36 (CI 12085), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]"


                   In my experience, EACH shade preformed differently. For example, 'Gingersnap', pictured above, and my favorite shade so far, not only had a different doe-foot applicator than 'Louvre Palace', and 'French Toast', it applied creamy, and thick. Only downfall would be Beauty Bakeries formula for liquid lippies is more drying than any other liquid lipstick I've tried before. 'French Toast', on the other hand, looked like concealer on my lips, and to be frank was annoying when it came to the second layer and still, everything was sheer, as well as PATCHY! The color 100% is DIFFERENT in person, than in the photos they show. In photos the color appears a medium toned nude, with strong warm undertones. ON me, the shade is a light custardy nude, that's just a wash out on me, since it creates no contrast against my fair skin. I'm saving French Toast, however, to use on darker brown lipstick for ombre's! Going to Louvre Palace, this color is GORGEOUS, and perfect for everyday wear. While the website claims it might look like a cool toned pink on some, for me it leaned a very WARM peach/salmon, and was JUST what I was seeking! I do suggest after the liquid dries to apply a thick balm, or sheer chapstick. You'll find the rubbing motion WILL NOT move the formula (no transferring), it'll just make sure fine-lines aren't AS emphasized! 


                      When Beauty Bakerie says you must exfoliate, they're NOT kiddin', love bunnies! Any dry patches, or wrinkles from not being hydrated will SHOW. It's not really flattering, and probably the first time ever that I've had to put on a lip balm of sorts (Aquaphor) on, to smooth things out! Looking at the positives, the product formula does dry within a 3 minute period, and is transfer-proof, which most liquid lipsticks fail to pass in tests. Another positive is that the color range is spectacular, I just wish the applicators were consistent, and picked up more product. I believe GingerSnap's applicator is the reason behind why I had to do less work for application as compared to with Lovure Palace, and French Toast. The standard doe-foot's don't do justice to Beauty Bakeries Lip Whips! Above is swatches on my BARE lips, without any enhancements photo editing wise, and without any lip balm. Raw application, and swatches. 

                  Overall I MIGHT be intrigued to buy another Beauty Bakerie product, however it must be a really amazing color for me to do so. This formula is not extraordinary, and it could use some nourishing help to soften the texture up just a bit! What do you love bunnies think? Jumping on the B.B. train? Let me know in the comments below. 

My skin tone - Mac NC20; ABH Ivory
Favorite Liquid Lipstick Formula(s) - Anastasia Beverly Hills, Ofra Cosmetics, Dose of Colors
I prefer a thick, and creamy consistency that has BOLD color from the start!