Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Springy Reversed Smokey Eye Makeup Look


                     Put your pinks, purples, blues, and anything in between aside, ladies! Taking a warmer approach to the season of Spring, I decided to flame on with reversed smokey eyes, in of course shades of deep brown, to rusted orange, and with reddish orange lips, a little heavier on the orange side. Not only is this beach bunny approved look PURFECT for those days you crave "drama", it is PURFECT for a transition between Winter to Spring, thus making it your perfect all around "go to".  Some pointers for those beauties who love oranges but have cooler, Springier tones is to choose a VIVID orange, without a reddish base, more white, and to soften up the eye makeup with a more taupey brown! Regardless, this look will be slammin', no matter the hue you choose.

                 In less then 10 minutes, anyone, of ANY skill level could take on this reversed smokey eye! Know that adding falsies will create drama, and will reverse, no pun intended, the beachy, yet chic vibes this look gives off. However, if you feel the need to add some falsies, or the need to dramatize the makeup up more, be my guest :)!


Foundation is a custom blend, I produced 
Equal parts of coconut oil, highlighter, and foundation pigment.
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet, Primavera 
                         Used to LIGHTLY accent the highlights of my face. I only applied this to my brow bones, near my tear ducts, and on the side of my nose. Nowhere near my cheeks. 
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics - Skin Weightless Powder Foundation, 1 Warm Ivory
                    I was craving a satin like finish, so I gently patted the powder across the t-zone of my face with a dampened Beauty Blender Pro! A little goes a long way. Do realize dewy skin will take away from the smoked out shadow, and vivid lipstick!
Maybelline New York - Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick, Orange Shot
                 This color seems to look different on everyone. Lighter skin tones will notice it's more
"orange", and medium to dark skin tones will notice the shade is an orange red! Orange Obsession, from the same brand, is lighter, and more on the orange side. The reason I draw concern, and help to this is because orange isn't everyone color, B.....UTTTT it can be, if gone about correctly!

Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill PanBrun (brows)
Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Color, Cocoa 
                       Used on my waterlines, then was smudged across my lower lash lines, and blended in with a Mac 231 brush. This acts as a BASE for the Anastasia shadows!
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet:
              Burnt Orange (applied across my lids, and across my lower lash lines), Cyprus Umber (smoked across the lower lash lines, and slightly up onto the upper lash lines), Realgar (used to add a hint of orange, and to smoke out the rest of the eye makeup), Raw Sienna (applied towards the inner thirds of my upper lash lines to form an ombre effect; swept into the crease for definition)
L'Oreal Makeup - Voluminous Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara 
                   Keep it simple, and carbon with some mascara! The lashes are not the main focus, the eyes, and the lips are. It looks chicer this way, and very natural, yet not.