Thursday, March 9, 2017

Molten Warm Toned Smokey Eye Dramatic Makeup Look


                  Happy Thursday everyone, and of course, welcome back! Just like all of my makeup looks, or concepts rather, they change once I get down and dirty, and straight into the pigments. Surprisingly this look was supposed to be a soft autumn inspired smokey, but as a result of me giving the Smashbox Ablaze pallet one more try, it became a smoke show of molten-ness...if that even is a word.  Be sure to check out that named review, because between you and I, not much as changed, the shadows remain difficult to blend. On another note, get your blending brushes ready and your favorite dark bitten berry lippie, because it's go time! This look was SO much fun to create, and it can be styled infinitely, depending on how creative you'd like to be. For example, the highlighter placement could be differently done, or perhaps you could play with textures and gloss up the lids! 

                      Just as a reminder, be sure to click "going" on the Facebook event for my upcoming appearance on the ZodWrite show! Mark your calendars for April 11th!!! This is my second interview and first radio interview. I couldn't thank you cuties enough. Your constant support makes me glow with happiness, and I love you all XOXO! I shall do a separate blog post for this event, this way things don't get confused. 


Foundation is a custom blend, I produced 
Equal parts of coconut oil, highlighter, and foundation pigment.
This baby was applied with my fingers to the main points light
naturally hits my skin. This varies from person to person! 
Marc Jacobs Beauty - Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick, Blow + Scandal 

Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan, Brun (brows)
I kept the fill-in light to keep focus on the eyes
Smashbox Cosmetics - Cover Shot : Eye Pallets, Ablaze:
Nirvana (smoked across the lids, and up into the crease), Moccasin (applied to the inner corners)
Delirious (directly smudged on the lids), Dark Horse (crease, inner v)
Shade 18 (all over lids, applied damp), Shade 17 (across lower lash lines, near outer lids)
Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Color, Cocoa 
 Used on my waterlines, then was smudged across my upper lash lines 
Ciate London - WonderWand Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Sasha 
SaveSave