Thursday, February 2, 2017

Glamorous Warm Toned Copper Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                   Whenever I'm out of ideas, or whenever I've circled the spectrum in a full 360, I like to begin from square one, once again, with rays of neutral shadows. As you loves have probably noticed these past few days I've been doing peachy, and bronze toned looks with peaks of red, and sometimes gold! Coming back up in the spectrum, here is a beautiful warm toned coppery delight, perfect for special events, and even casual everyday glam standards. If you're cool toned, try making the lipstick a bit lighter, and of corse cooler in hue! I hope you loves enjoy, and hopefully my explanation above clears up any confusion that you might of had! 

    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 24 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                             28 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Nyx Cosmetics - Lip Liner Pencil, 814 Rose Brown

                  Good makeup always starts somewhere! Whether it's from an amazing prior facial routine, or an all in one facial primer, without these two necessities, you might notice a stark difference between even applications, and muddy, caked up makeup. With that being said, I decided to go ahead with an uber hydrating primer, or moisturizer, Shea Moisture's 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and I made sure to lightly coat my entire face for even wear time, and smoother, more radiant makeup appearances. Being I did have some discoloration on my skin from neglecting my typical face routine, I opted in for Cover Fx's Total Cover Cream Foundation in my shade G20, and with my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer, I carefully bounced the bristles across any areas needing a little boost of coverage-- I prefer going light with this product, and building up gently on areas needing more attention, because it has a tendency to go on extremely heavy. By this point you could opt in for adding a bit of a glow, or you could do as I did and skip along to the lips! I'm a believer in less in more, more is less, so I always encourage my love bunnies to do what makes them feel happiest, since I have a bit of a unique style to my cosmetics. Anyways, picking up an old favorite, I completely lined my lips with Nyx's Rose Brown lip pencil, then I took a bit of coconut oil and glazed it on-top to remove any "matte" finishes. This is a warm toned brown, however using something more reddish will work, too!
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows)
Too Faced Cosmetics - Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Pallet
Summer Yum (all over color 1); Puree (all over color 2)
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet
 Red Ochre (all over color 3), Cyprus Umber (all over color 4, waterline)
Morphe Brushes - 35OS Color Shimmer Nature Glow Eyeshadow Pallet, Shade 35 (lids)
Ciate London - Wonderwand Mascara
Kiss Products - Lash Couture Faux Mink Collection, Boudoir

                    What will probably shock you about this makeup look is how SIMPLE the eye makeup really is! You don't need fifty-thousand brushes, you just need a few warm toned shadows that range from a matte orange, to deep brown, and of course a copper. Simple, right? With allllll that being said, right after sprucing up my brows with Mac's Brun Eyeshadow, I took out the Too Faced Sweet Peach Pallet, Anastasia's Modern Renaissance Pallet, and the Morphe 35OS Pallet. Each of these are extremely popular, but also quite dupable, so it shouldn't be that difficult to dupe these shades (Milani Everyday Eyes Earthy Elements pallet has the correct matte tones, for reference) drugstore wise. As a pre-warning, when it comes to smokey eyes, I tend to drag the color across my lids, and up into my crease with EACH shade-- it makes blending easier, and it makes the final look more fluent when the finished product comes out! Starting off I swept into Summer Yum from the Too Faced Sweet Peach Pallet, and with my freshly cleaned Morphe M433 brush (aim for fluffy blenders), I blended the color across my lids, and up into my crease with side to side motions, and perhaps a few circular blends to get a ice shape to the outermost parts of my outer c. Before closing the pallet, I added a neutral aspect to the overall shadow look by brushing Puree across my lids, and once again up into my crease following the same blending motions, but this time remaining a level lower, and less disbrused. The last two shades I added were Red Ochre, for a rustic hue that would contrast the copper shadow beautifully, and Cyprus Umber for the perfect deep, yet not dark inner v shade! Funny enough, I applied this shadow across my waterlines with my pinky finger, and it made for a beautiful waterline contrasting shade. Since we're already down below, I dusted excess product left on my M433 brush bristles across my lower lash lines, then I took the liberty of coating my lashes a few times with Ciate's Wonderwand Mascara. Before adding falsies, I smudged into shade 35 from Morphe's Nature Glow Pallet, and I applied the creamy shadow across my lids stopping at the center lids for a peep of color that wasn't too overpowering! Feel free to apply the shadow wet for a more intensive molten copper effect ;). Lash wise I applied Boudoir by Kiss Products, simply because this style is dramatic, but not quite overdone, just sensual, and perfect for smokey eyes!
SaveSave