Friday, February 3, 2017

Dramatic Dark & Shimmery Forest Green With A Pop of Navy Makeup Tutorial

                  Not quite on the track for Valentine's Day, but perhaps an option for special occasions (parties), and for times you're seeking uber dramatic makeup looks with the two colors green, and blue! These two colors are often NOT used together in makeup looks by artists, however in my findings, I found the two almost melt into each other as they're close on the color wheel, and make for a stunning overall combination. Please be aware the saturation will be toned down, so each color is an extremely dark, yet warm version of it's best self! I hope you all enjoy XOXO (see, this is what I meant by restarting the spectrum).

    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 26 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                             32.5 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

L'Oreal Paris - True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation, W2 Light Ivory
Make Up For Ever - Star Lit Liquid, Arctic White
Mac Cosmetics  - Lip Pencil, Stripdown
ColourPop Cosmetics - Lippie Stix, Skimpy 

                        Dark smokey eyes are one of my favorite makeup looks to do! They're simple to create, require a few products, and look AMAZING against all skin tones, of course if you use the correct darker shades corresponding to your coloring (lighter people with more cool toned features should use spring greens, and mints). Anyhow, smokey eyes can only pose a threat in the way you doll up your face, and lips. The wrong lip color could turn everything down South, and the slightest of skin imperfections could ruin the main eyeball focus! Understand? With all that being said, take my lead, and try to follow along as best as possible. I'll try to list dupes where dupes are needed! Beginning with my complexion, I wanted to form the most supple of bases possible, so I smoothed on a sheer layer of Shea Moisture's 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil onto any areas thirsty for hydration, and onto any areas that fit into the 4 main zones (basically the whole face, hehe). From there, I whipped out my E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush, pushed into the sponge cushion provided in L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation, and I pranced the bristles across my skin with fluent up and down stipples. This is probably the most coverage I've done in a while, so do take that as a sign that your skin MATTERS with darker colors! Just before moving on, I carefully brushed Arctic White Star Lit Liquid by Make Up For Ever onto my ring finger, then I gently tapped the glittery white onto my cheekbones, on the wee-end sides of my nose, and dramatically onto the inner corners of my eyes. This dries down fast, and makes a statement, so do work quickly (finely milled powders will work too, I just like the glitter effect this product has). Nowww onto the lips! I lined the outer-rims with Stripdown by Mac Cosmetics, then I filled em' in with Skimpy Lippiestix by ColourPop Cosmetics. Anytime you use dark green, stick within the WARM nude zone. Red is of course an option, but it's a bit too dramatic or the eye makeup; pink is also an option, but even a pinky nude would take away from the warmth this look has! 
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows)
Morphe Brushes - Individual Eye Shadow Pans
Nature's Calling (base shade 1); Wilderness (lids, and crease 3)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pan, Bottle Green (lids, and crease 2)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pans
Center Stage (lower lash lines); Corrupt (inner v)
Smashbox Cosmetics - Santigold Collection Pallet: Earth As We Know It
The deep forest green with gold shimmer (lids)
Ciate London - Wonderwand Mascara
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett  

                     Doesn't this give you a bit of Hulk vibes? I mean, of course with a more purpled blue, but seriously, doesn't it? Alright, perhaps that's just the little kid in me who can't wait for Thor Ragnarok  whoops, hehe.  With this look in specific there is a TON of blending done, however I like to coat the lids, and the crease at the same time, so this process shouldn't take more than 7 minutes as opposed to individually dolling up certain areas, which would take tops 13 minutes. Now that we've covered that, let's get into the details! First off, I decided to go for a thicker fill-in on my brows with Mac's Brun Eyeshadow. Typically I keep my brows natural, and very light, however I felt the overall contrast between the dark shadow, and the darker brows looked especially striking. Getting along with the eyeshadow, I formed a beautiful green "base", by blending Nature's Calling e/s by Morphe Brushes across my lids, and up into my crease with Morphe's E22 Pointed Blender Brush. Try to aim for deep greens, that still have vibrant notes to em'. From there I switched to Morphe's M433 Brush, as well as to Bottle Green shadow by Mac Cosmetics, and I heavily swirled the forest like green shade across my lids with side to side blends, and up slowly into my crease with small, and concentrated circular blends! Going down a shade deeper, I continued the same blending motions with Wilderness shadow, but kept the focus mainly on the lower half of my lids, and crease-- smokey eyes are all about the levels in which you blend. Here is where things break up! Tapping lightly into Corrupt shadow by Makeup Geek Cosmetics, I sparingly ruffled the color into the inner v of my eye sockets with targeted, and quant circular blends that ultimately hugged my eye shape. Feel free to build up pigment as you go, the deeper the black, the more drama added! The last color swept across my eyes is Center Stage, which is defined as a royal blue, but for some reason it leaned much more navy then anything. The color was smudged across my lower lash lines, followed by a smudging of Nyx's Black Bean across my waterlines, and a bit on my outer lower lash lines for defintion.  Before adding falsies and mascara, I patted on the deep forest green from Smashbox's Santigold Earth As We Know It Pallet onto the inner thirds of my lids for a beautiful fine shimmer of gold peeking out of the forest green hues! This pallet is no longer produced however, a bit of Dare by ColourPop, used sparingly, should give a similar effect. Lash wise I coated my natural lashes with Ciate's WonderWand Mascara, and I  applied Huda Beauty's Scarlett Falsies. The more dramatic, that includes spiky...the better!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave