Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Disney's Princess Ariel Inspired Everyday Glam Makeup Look


               As many of you love bunnies know, I am a HUGE Disney fan! Being a fond lover of the character Ariel, with Pocahontas, and Aurora trailing second, and third, I decided to do a rumination of her makeup style with a Lillee twist, which you all know means I took creative commons on this bad boy. This isn't necessarily cosplay, it's more of a direct take on Ariel's coral like pink lips, and naturally flushed complexion! If you think about it, her style, like many of the other princesses is very simple, and embraces her natural beauty. Remember what I said on my last blog post-- it's OKAY to love, an wear makeup, just don't use it to cover, use it to express, and embrace! Be sure to check out my official Ariel blog post makeup tutorial I did over the Summer, it has more of a artistic touch to it, with inspiration from the Little Mermaid's body wear, and fun personality.

              The makeup presented here, easily can be your new everyday "GLAM" look, and without the falsies, although the ones I chose are not dramatic, can be a simple everyday pop of color sorta' look! I hope you loves enjoy, and do let me know in the comments below if you'll be doing an Ariel inspired look anytime soon :)!!  

Cosplay + Regular Interpretation ➪ Disney's Princess Ariel Halloween Tutorial 


Foundation is a custom blend, I produced 
Equal parts of coconut oil, highlighter, and foundation pigment 
(it's VERY dewy, so it doubles as a glow)
NYX Cosmetics - Soft Matte Lip Cream, Buenos Aries
NYX Cosmetics - Butter Lipstick, Sweet Tart
Be sure to apply Sweet Tart FIRST, then carefully build up Buenos Aries.
Continue this until you achieve a coral pink lip!

Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill PanBrun (brows)
I like to do a fair dusting to keep my natural brow texture.
Ariel has auburn brows, in most designs, but what looks best on me is Brun by Mac!
This isn't a cosplay, remember!
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Teddy 
L'Oreal Makeup - Voluminous Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara 
Kiss Products - Lash Couture Faux Mink Collection, Boudoir
Keep the eye makeup simple, and defining. Fluffy lashes, with a bit of bronze liner should do it!

Here is a look at my dress! I've had this forever, and thought it looked perfect in leu of Ariel's pink ball gown.

A post shared by Lillee Jean (@lilleejean) on

SaveSave