Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Valentine's Day: Vampy Berry Lips & Smokey Plum Eyes Makeup Tutorial

                    Gahh, it certainly has been quite a few days since I've done a "dramatic" makeup tutorial! As many of you know, I have been working painstakingly night and day on my Color Season Analysis blog postings, so do stay tuned for those, and expect them to be published by Valentine's Day. For today however, I decided to pop out the vampy lipstick and have fun! Ironically this tutorial is aimed towards Valentine's Day, for those who're not afraid of being daring, and like to add a bit of a dark and sexy sensual note to things. Hope you cuties enjoy :)!

Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 24 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                              35 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

 Jouer Cosmetics - Luminizing Moisture Tint, Pearl
Mac Cosmetics - Lip Pencil, Nightmoth
Nyx Cosmetics - Soft Matte Lip Creme, Copenhagen 
Nyx Cosmetics - Butter Gloss, Devil's Food Cake

                     All perfect makeup begins with the perfect base! It doesn't matter if you like to do a full blown skin care routine beforehand, or if you simply like to deep clean the night before, just have your skin supple, and hydrated. I personally like to wake up, and apply Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to all zones of my face! For those unaware, EXTRA VIRGIN coconut oil sinks deep into the pores, and can actually form the perfect barrier between the skin layer, and the makeup layer, without pore clogging properties, despite popular belief. Anyhow, once I had my face fully slathered up, I moved forth in stippling Jouer's Pearl Luminizing Moisture Tint across my skin beginning from the center of my face, moving the brush outwards towards my hairline with a  main emphasis on my cheekbones since this product in specific has light reflecting pearls! Glow powder? WHO NEEDS YA'?! Lip wise, I first applied Nightmoth lip pencil by Mac Cosmetics entirely all over my lippies to hold the future lip color in place, and to add a bit of definition, then I glided on Copenhagen Matte Lip Creme by Nyx Cosmetics with a dash of Devil's Food Cake gloss for vibrancy and texture. Funny enough, I've had that lipgloss for 3 years now (you really should dispose of lipgloss products after that length of time), and only touched it ONCE! It look good, doesn't it ;)?
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows)
Makeup Geek - Eyeshadow Pan
Corrupt (smoke shade)
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Eye Shadow Singles
Rosette (lids); Birkin (transitional)
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean
Ciate London - Wonderwand Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

                 Yayyy! Smokey eye makeup looks like the one above make me soooo jittery! Not sure if it's because of the blending, or just how amazing it looks against an array of eye colors. This form of purple, which is not quite a pure purple, with a hint of berry tones to it will make the brownest of eyes POP, and the bluest of eyes SPARKLE! No, I am not a saleswomen. SHEESH. To kick off this smokey beauty, I first began by defining my brows with Brun shadow by Mac Cosmetics, then I shifted gears to my custom smokey Z-pallet with all shades dark and bruiting! The first color applied is Birkin by Anastasia Beverly Hills. Birkin is a cross between a light mauve, and a light brown with pink tones to it, thus making it perfect as an all over base shade! Taking my Morphe E22 brush, I carefully blended the color across my lids, up into my creases, and below my lower lash lines in exactly that blending order. Circular ruffled blends make this process a DREAM! From there, I took out my Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean, and first lined my waterlines with the product, slightly smudging it onto my lower lash lines, then I dashed the deep black directly onto the area between my inner v, and outer third of my lid, to only take on Mac's 219 brush and smudge the product in with a bit of Corrupt by Makeup Geek to REALLY make things darker. I find it helpful to blend the greasy eye pencil in first, then the second time around, to darken things up with the shadow! By the way, I also used the pigment left on my brush as an eyeliner, and made sure to heavily line the upper lash lines while keeping things smokey and not too prominent. At this moment in time your smokey eyes should be blown out. If they're sketchy, and not quite smooth, take a clean brush and dust all the products together with side to side buffs-- part of the beauty of smokey's is their blend, as mentioned above! Before applying falsies and mascara, I dipped my finger into Rosette eyeshadow by Anastasia Beverly Hills, and firmly dragged it across my lids beginning from the inner corners, pulling inwards towards the center of my lids. I went in another time, this time with my ring finger WET, and applied the shadow as a foiled finish, rather a metallic finish! The best part is that above this looks PURPLE, but from afar it looks burgundy. Getting back to the lashes, I coated my natural follicles generously with Ciate's Wonderwand Mascara, then I applied a fresh set of Huda Beauty's Scarlett falsies! You could ditch the false lashes, but it gives the overall look a glamorous charm, while sans the lashes gives a harsher more "model" like finish. I like to fan my man with my lashes anyways ;)! 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave