Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Valentine's Day: Soft Raspberry Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial | Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Pallet

                  Ahhhh, love is in the air! While I've already began my options for Valentine's Day makeup (arrggg Pheepy, always so secretive; he won't tell me what jewelry he got for me, so I've been tryina' find the perfect "BAM", but "workable" makeup look all month), none seemed to really wow me, or be workable for ME. This tutorial however, seems like an ultimate keeper. The perfect balance between soft, and sensual! Hope you loves enjoy, and OH MY GOSH, we hit 50K...even more-so above that 50K mark overnight. You guys are so loyal, and amazing to me...#grateful, love you all XOXO!

Rosier, cooler, and less red version of this look ➪ Soft Rose Golden Smokey Eyes
(you guys seemed to enjoy the redirected links to certain versions of makeup looks, 
so I shall continue this, even on my official sites coming soon!)

      Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 23.5 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                              26 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Marc Jacobs Beauty - Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick, Je T'Aime 

                        Okay, so remember how last week I was going ON, and ON about my hormonal breakout? Well it turns out, yes it was due to womanly occurrences, but also the breakout was due to my new favorite tinted moisturizer that I've become VERY fond of. Jouer's Luminzing Moisture Tint. Yes, you can expect the review to have an update, but NO I won't be putting that on my skin again. It not only in the long-term caused my pores to be extremely clogged, it also made my sensitive skin breakout- it just didn't make sense to me until I removed the product from the equation last night, and noticed my skin clearing up this morning.  With that said, I reverted back to my typical Anastasia Stick Foundation as it seems to be the ONLY product, besides the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel product, substantial enough for my skin type! Anyhow, after prepping my skin with a gentle lathering of Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, I glided the stick onto any areas of concern (any cured blemishes with dry patches are the main areas), then with my Morphe M439 Brush, I went ahead and buffed the product in with a series of stippling, and gentle patting motions. This foundation has a nice glow to it from the start, so you really don't need an additive of blush, highlighter, and what not, BUT if you want to add those luxuries, go for it! As for a lip color, I chose Je T'aime by Marc Jacobs Beauty. Lucious as always, you can expect one swipe of MEGA pigment from this lip creme without any effort-- the only downside is you might need to pat some setting powder onto your lips to prevent fading, and bleeding throughout the day (this isn't a kiss-proof lipstick...BUT WHO CARES, hehe). 
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows)

                    Don't you just LOVE makeup looks that take all of 10 minutes to do? The obvious answer to that is YES. Being the eye makeup is truly a breeze, I felt compressing this portion into tiny sentences would be of the most benefit to you love bunnies out there! Who wants to spend Valentine's Day reading a bunch of BLAH, I know I don't.  I'd rather get to the meat of the tutorial and know what's up! That said, to kick things off I began by defining my brows with Brun eyeshadow by Mac Cosmetics. A light brush over, with slight definition is my favorite brow shape!

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet
Love Letter (crease), Venetian Red (lids, crease), Red Ochre (crease), Primavera (inner corners), Cyprus Umber (outer v)

                     I truly see the hype of why SO MANY women, and men out there are going gaga for the Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet! It does have it's flaws, don't get me wrong, however I feel in this instance the pros outweigh the cons. I chose this pallet not only because I love it (so much love, AHH), because I thought many of you would encompass it thus making this look easier to replicate! Beginning with the brush that comes handy with the pallet, I swirled into Love Letter, and brushed it across my lids, and up into my crease with side to side blending motions. For a bit of definition I applied Red Ochre into my crease with Morphe's M433 Brush-- this shade should be more concentrated than Love Letter, and should be be kept DIRECTLY near the eye socket creasing! Speaking of the eye socket creasing, Cyprus Umber was lightly nestled onto the outer v's of my eye sockets, as well as across my lower lash lines for an eye widening, and smoldering effect. Switching to a denser brush, Morphe's E22, I swirled into Venetian Red, and brushed the shade across my lids, and a bit into my crease (side to side blends that hit just below my outer v) for an all over reddish undertone, then finally I went into Primavera for an inner corner highlight. 

Ciate London - Wonderwand Mascara
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Sasha 

                            You cuties know the drill by now-- liner, lashes, and boom you're set! I personally went with Nyx's Black Bean Jumbo Eye Pencil liner wise, and softly glided it across my upper lash lines, and towards my waterlines for a soft smokey effect. If you're daring enough, try popping the intensive black into your crease-- it'll give Cyprus Umber a deeper impact, while forming sensual tones to the overall eye makeup look. The last two steps include mascara and falsies! Flasies are optional, but I feel since it is a day of love, adding a bit of flare wouldn't hurt one's fantasies, eh? I chose Ciate's Wonderwand Mascara, with Huda Beauty's Sasha Falsies, not too dramatic, but still noticeable.