Saturday, January 28, 2017

Valentine's Day: Matte Neutral Toned Smokey Eye With Pinkish Red Lips | Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Pallet

                 From this point on you love bunnies can expect Valentine's Day related tutorials! Obviously in between will be a few reviews as there is every month, but in particular I'm turnin' the love up, and giving all my lovies out there more options to look their very best for V-day. Keep in mind options will range from UBER dramatic, to completely fresh faced and simple, that said there truly is something for everyone...;)! Enjoy, and THANK YOU all for such kindness on my last tutorial. It was a shock to me, but you guys are so supportive, I should've known.

     Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 20 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                              24 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

L'Oreal Paris - Colour Riche La Pallet Lipstick, Red 04 (shade 1, 3)

                        Perhaps this makeup look won't appeal to many as I let my skin go free, but do know with any of my tutorials you cuties are free to add as much makeup as you desire! In all honesty, I was going to apply my typical Anastasia Foundation, but the product is almost done, and until I can refill it, I suppose my skin shall go commando. It is a bit of a bizarre experience, but nothing an Eyeballqueen can't handle ;)! To still accent my features, and to still create a fresh faced appearance, I took a little bit of Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, warmed the hard chunk between my fingertips, then I applied the nourishing hydrant under my eyes, around my t-zone, and a bit on my chin. View this as a work of strobing, just with natural ingredients! Lip wise I chose something that would divert away from any redness my skin had, that being shade 3 from L'Oreal's La Pallet Red 04, with a mixture of shade 1 popped right onto the center for a fruity, yet darker touch. This pallet comes with a handy brush, soooooo I was set! If you're interested in a darker, more pure red, please know it'll drag the cream shadow down another path, and make this look less fresh faced, and upbeat, though that might be your intent. 
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan, Brun (brows)
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet
Tempera (lids), Raw Sienna (transitional shade), Red Ochre (crease), Cyprus Umber (outer v)
Ciate London - Wonderwand Mascara
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Sasha 

                Aside from Valentine's Day, I have a feeling for many of you seeking regular soft glam tutorials, the look featured above will be a WINNER! It's simple to do, and will ALWAYS look amazing on any skin tone, that includes the fairest of all, and the darkest of beauties. Alright, let's get into the details, shall we? Right after giving my brows a gentle fill in with Brun Eyeshadow by Mac Cosmetics (I kept it lighter than usual to keep focus on my eyes, and lips, rather any imperfections on my skin), I opened up Anastasia's Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet and got to work. It's best to start with the crease, especially when you desire the lids to be vibrant, or noticeable to some extent! That being said, I swirled into Raw Sienna with the brush provided from the pallet, and blended the beautiful warm toned brown across my crease with side to side swishing motions. This is merely a transitional color that will guide future blending. From there, I switched to a Morphe M433 Brush, and I applied Red Ochre into a more concentrated section of my crease, aimed from the outer thirds, blended inwards following my natural eyeball socket outline. Others call this "hugging the eyes"! Stopping for moment, I pulled out Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean, and I defined my waterlines, as well as a bit of my upper lash lines (the outer portions), with a few harsh smudges, and ample blends. I used this pencil to create a bit of drama onto the outer v, and to of course make my eyes pop! Moving back to the Modern Renaissance Pallet, and my Morphe M433 Brush, I very gently tapped into Cyprus Umber, and nudged the deep brown exactly onto any areas Black Bean was applied, besides on my waterlines, with guided soft circular blends. The way to do this without making the final outcome look too much like a blown out smokey eye, is by stretching the shades directly from where your upper lash line ends, and begins on the lower lash lines. A good thing is that ABH produced a pallet full of EXTREMELY pigmented shades, so instead of needing a cream for cleanup, I smudged my finger into Tempera shadow, and firmly patted, and downward tugged the beautiful creamy color onto the inner thirds-mid lid areas of my eyes! Finishing up, I coated my lashes with Ciate's Wonderwand Mascara, and I applied Huda Beauty's Sasha False Eyelashes. The eyelashes are optional, I just feel they give a beautiful touch to the overall makeup look :)!