Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Valentine's Day: Jessica Rabbit Inspired Glittery Red & Purple Makeup Tutorial | Too Faced Sweet Peach Pallet

                       Ahh the makeup of Jessica Rabbit coveted, and loved by many. The characters signature purple shadow, and juicy red lips surly have anyone sold, but what if there was a Valentine's Day twist, adding a bit more of red to the mix!? Intentionally, there was no purpose for rhyming there, OOPS, haha. Anyhow, with a bit of J-Rabbit pizzazz, and V-Day love, here is my inspired glittery makeup tutorial that's sure to dazzle anyone who steps in your way! Enjoy my loves. 

    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 27 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                             32 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)


                       Remember how a few days ago I mentioned I like to cover the spectrum when it comes to makeup tastes? Well, view this look as sorta "COVERING" that other side of the spectrum for women who enjoy wearing a bit more of makeup, and take pride in vibrancy. In reality this shouldn't take more than 27 (twenty-seven) minutes for one to complete, but I amped up the finishing time a tad for beginners and intermediate makeup lover, simply because I do know how difficult it can be to apply glitter, and to blend darker colors let alone. That said, and now moving along, to begin I prepped my skin with Shea Moisture's 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and I evened out my skin tone with a sheer layer of Cover Fx's Total Cover Cream Foundation in G20. Since the coconut oil forms SUCH a slicked base, I really just need a light stippling over imperfections with a dense blender such as Morphe's M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush-- less is more, always remember that! 

Make Up For Ever - Star Lit Liquid, Arctic White
Jeffree Star Cosmetics - Velour Liquid Lipstick: Unicorn Blood, Masochist 

                     For a dazzling highlight as bright as the glitters I chose, I tapped my finger into Arctic White Star Lit Liquid by Make Up For Ever, and I gently patted the product across my cheekbones, and directly on the sides of my nostrils for light reflecting finishes. Lip wise I wanted to keep the lippies a dark raspberry with a bit of bricky undertones, so I mixed Unicorn Blood by Jeffree Star Cosmetics, with a bit of Masochist applied on the center for a fade of raspberry to red. J-Rabbit has a tendency to wear red lips, however be my guest if you'd desire a light nude, or punchy pink. 

Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows)
Too Faced Cosmetics - Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Pallet
Delectable (crease); Charmed I'm Sure (transitional); Peach Pit (lids, lower lash); Tempting (definition)

                          You probably notice the different layout for this blog post already (hopefully), but fear not this isn't my typical setup! I just felt that with such a dramatic look, overflowing the blogpost with photos would be too overwhelming, and wouldn't teach you loves anything. With all that being said, pop out your Sweet Peach Pallet, and let's get to work! First, swirling into 'Charmed, I'm Sure' with my Morphe E22 Pointed Blender Brush, I dusted the matte brown across my lids, and up into my crease with fluent side to side blending motions. This color will act as a transitional shade, and as a base for the colors to come! Speaking of colors to come, switching brushes to a Morphe M433 Brush, I lightly patted into 'Peach Pit', and transferred the given pigment onto my lids with a few side to side smudges, that inevitably gravitated a bit up into my crease, and on my lower lash lines-- just like 'Charmed, I'm Sure', this color should be treated as an all over color shade, just this time with more conentration. Before packing on ANY glitter, I took the liberty of mixing Delectable, and Tempting together, to only apply the deep duo into the inner v of my eye sockets with firm nestling motions. Nestling should be viewed as very quant blends that are extremely concentrated, and do not disburse out., they hug the eyes rather.

Nyx Cosmetics - Glitter Primer
Violet Voss Cosmetics - Glitter: Rose, Paige 
Ciate London - Wonderwand Mascara
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Sasha 

                 Call me weird, but I work backwards when glitter comes into the picture! Instead of applying the glitter, then struggling to apply lashes, and eyeliner, I prefer doing the tedious steps first, then topping off with glitter. The lashes actually catch a ton of the fall-out, too. Anyhow, right after finishing up the eyeshadow, I whipped out my Black Bean Jumbo Eye Pencil by Nyx Cosmetics, and I happily lined my waterlines, as well as a bit on my upper lash lines with well-blended smudges. From there I coated my natural lashes with Ciate's Wonderwand Mascara, and applied, evidently, Huda Beauty's Sasha False Lashes! Getting to the good part, I squeezed out a pea-sized amount of Nyx's Glitter Primer onto the back of my hand, then with Sephora's #18 brush, I spot applied the sticky base onto my lids to prepare for glitter bombs. Speaking of those glitter bombs, with the glue tacky enough for application, I first patted into Rose Glitter by Violet Voss Cosmetics and FIRMLY patted it across the inner thirds, and outer thirds of my lids with very gentle, yet guided, motions. Dipping next into Paige Glitter, I applied the color scarcely onto the center of my lids, then glazed it over with Rose Glitter to ensure the royal purple glitter wouldn't be too powerful against the other hues used. Feel free to build up pigment to your desired sparkle ;)! 
SaveSave