Friday, January 13, 2017

Valentine's Day: Dark Glittery Red & Pink Champagne Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                    Happy Friday my loves! Despite popular belief that Friday the 13th is a terrible day, it simply can't be since I have in store for you cuties a sexy Valentine's Day makeup look. With notes of deep red, and champagne pink, this is sure to give ya' all the va-va-voom without looking too harsh (bright red lips, in example, against the deep red glitter would be harsh)! 

Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 28 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                              34 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

 Jouer Cosmetics - Luminizing Moisture Tint, Pearl
Maybelline New York - Color Sensational The Buffs Lip Color, Expresso Exposed

                 Even if you're in a rush, throwing a primer on, or even a moisturizer on to coat your skin, especially in this brisk Winter weather is something you definitely HAVE to include in your makeup routine! To some this might be a drag, I understand, BUT, it'll make all the difference between makeup that looks radiant, and makeup that looks dull. I personally love Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil since it penetrates deep into the pores, and removes all signs of dryness! Once warmed up, as the product does solidify under cold conditions, I applied a tiny amount onto my skin starting from the center of my face, allowing it to drip down as I closed to the container, and then I massaged the oil in towards the outermost parts of my face for an even base! Speaking of an even base, for a sheer coating of color that is both radiant, and well off for coverage, I squeezed out a pea-sized amount of Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint in the shade Pearl onto the back of my hand, then with my dampened Beauty Blender Pro, I dabbed into the product to only bounce it across my skin with a main emphasis on my cheekbones, for a glow, and on redness to even my complexion out. This product is MORE than enough for me (remember, less is more-- Valentine's Day makeup is meant to make you shine, even with heavy eye makeup), so I finished up the face makeup with an application of Expresso Exposed by Maybelline on my lippies to begin prepping the work for how I would direct my eye makeup! 

Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows)
Too Faced Cosmetics - Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Pallet
White Peach; Tempting; Peach Pit
Bh Cosmetics - Glitter Collection
Deep Red
Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Eyeshadow Pallet
 Pink Champagne (inner corners)
Mac Cosmetics - Creme Liner
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Sasha 

                    Hopefully the list above doesn't overwhelm you love bunnies, I tried to make the eye makeup concept as simple as possible, because I KNOW how difficult it can be for some to manage a completely dramatic look under pressure! Anyhow, right after sprucing up my eyebrows with Mac's Brun eyeshadow, I moved along to the eye makeup by swirling into Tempting from the Too Faced Sweet Peach Pallet. From the base of my upper lash lines, up, I dusted the deep shade across my eyes as an all over color shade. To make it seem as though I used MORE than one color, I started off light with Morphe's E22 Pointed Blender Brush, then I got increasingly deeper pigment wise by blending more densely and closer to my inner v with Morphe's M433 Brush. Keep in mind when blending across the lids, without having to worry about "concentrated" blends, it makes things a LOT easier, hence this concept shouldn't be too hard to grasp! Just before dusting excess product across my lower lash lines, I popped 'Peach Pit' onto my lids, followed by Pink Champagne by Anastasia Beverly Hills popped right onto the inner corners of my eyes for an eye widening, and softer effect. As far as the glitter goes, I find it easier to apply liner, falsies, and all that good stuff FIRST, before application, just because the lashes catch fall-out, and make it easier to clean things up! Speaking of eyeliner, I played up on Mac's Creme Liner by smoldering the deep black across my upper lash lines, and especially on my lower lash lines/waterlines with heavy side to side smudges by using Mac's 242 Brush for optimal control. Do be careful on how far you blend, to some the panda effect isn't pleasing! Speeding things along, I coated my natrual lashes with Ciate's Wonderland Mascara, then I applied Sasha falsies by Huda Beauty since these are dramatic, but still wearable in a sense. Now for the glitter! I dipped my Sephora #18 brush into clean water, patted into Bh Cosmetics's Glitter Collection container in Deep Red, and patted the glitz across my lids with firm and disbursed blends until I achieved a vibrant glittering finish! Don't be afraid to really get in there, the more glitter, the better. If you notice Pink Champagne getting less vibrant, pop 'White Peach' from the Sweet Peach Pallet right on-top  you'll notice the shadow to remain flashy, and you'll notice it to help with clean up! I hope you cuties enjoyed, stay tuned for my Valentine's Day tutorials, XOXO :). 
SaveSave