Friday, January 6, 2017

Sultry Dark Bronze Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial | Morphe Brushes 35OS Pallet

                      Need an evening look that's sultry enough to be glamorous, but simple enough that even intermediate makeup lovers can preform the same actions as me? Look no further then my evening bronze smokey eye makeup tutorial, with a pop of cherry red on the lips. I hope you cuties enjoy, and please know the lip color is interchangeable with whichever shade makes you feel the most confident 😁!

Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 27 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                              32 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  
Make Up For Ever - Star Lit Liquid, Arctic White
Bite Beauty - Amuse Bouche Lipstick, Sour Cherry


                    Uh-huh, I see you lookin' at those new products listed up above, girl! This tutorial ACTUALLY came about when I wanted to wear my new Bite Beauty lipstick in Sour Cherry. Maraschino reds tend to be hard colors to pull off as they're overpowering, however if you smoke out the eyes correctly all should go well! With all that being said, to begin I applied Shea Moisture's 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil onto my skin beginning from the center of my face, massaging out towards my hairline. Being as I had a bad hormonal breakout over the past two days, I chose Marc Beauty's Genius Gel Foundation since it can be sheer, or medium coveraged! Pumping out exactly ONE full loop of product onto the back of my hand, I picked up Morphe's M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush, patted into the product on the back of my hand, then transferred the given foundation onto my skin with a variety of blending, and buffing motions. I tend to work from areas needing the most attention FIRST, to areas needing a dust over! Not sure if you cuties are aware, but Make Up For Ever debuted their new Star Lit Liquid's just a few weeks ago. In all honesty these ARE NOT for everyone, however if you don't mind a bit of shimmer, PURCHASE IT! Literally with just a tiny dot popped onto my cheekbones, the product melted into my skin, and formed the most eye catching glow I have ever seen. The white with pink/pearly reflects really brings the look together! Lip wise to not state the obvious (sarcasm), I glided on Sour Cherry by Bite Beauty, and blotted off excess product onto a cleaned paper towel to prevent bleeding, and feathering. 
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows)
Row 5, Column 3 (all over color); Row 3, Column 3 (lids, lower lash line); Row 5, Column 1 (definition)
                   You loves know the drill by now-- brows first, shadow next! If you're new here, I typically glaze over the brow portion simply because EVERYONE does their brows uniquely, and there is truly no "right" or "wrong", since I can't be there to say, "hmmmm, try out a soft arch!" Ya' feel? With that being the case, grab your Morphe 35OS Pallet, and a durable blender that can double as a pointed blender, too! I personally chose Morphe's M433 Brush, a good dupe for Mac's 217 Brush, and swirled into Row 5, Column 3 as my starting shade. This was dusted across my lids, and up into my crease with fluent side to side blending motions! Morphe pallets tend to have a TON of pigment, so I suggest working your way up with this bad boy, since it is an all over color shade, not a lid shade. Speaking of the lids, with that same brush, I dusted Row 3, Column 3 across my lids, as well as under my lower lash lines with form fitting concentrated blending, and patting motions! The M433 hugs my lids perfecting, so when I place it on the inner thirds, I casually drag out and blend back and forth while on the rim of my natural crease (to reference the form fitting blends). Lastly for definition, I applied Row 5, Column 1 closely to the inner v of my eye sockets, with a close blend predominately on the outer thirds of my lids. Proof all you need is one brush ;)!

NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 
                    Here is where things get TRICKY! Pulling out Black Bean by Nyx Cosmetics, I first lined my upper lash lines throughly with the highly pigmented eye pencil, then I dragged the liner onto my lower lash lines slipping onto my waterlines for a heavy black finish. I went back in a second time to apply Black Bean slightly onto the outer thirds of my lids, and darker on my lower lash lines making sure the black smudges connected to the tail ends of my winged liner up above (creates an eye opening/widening effect). Lash wise I kept things dramatic and paired Ciate's Wonderland Mascara with Huda Beauty's Scarlett Classic False Eyelashes! The more dramatic, the better. Before summing this blog post tutorial up...did you notice the new logo I created ;)?
SaveSave