Monday, January 23, 2017

Neon Yellow & Glittery Coral Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                           Yellow is the BEST eyeshadow color, especially when paired with peachy and coral like hues! Call me crazy, but I find this combination to be the equivalent of wearing a warm toned smokey with a pinch of glitter. The only difference is this look features neon shades, which by the way can easily be worked around IF you happen to like the overall makeup look. For instance, I applied the neon hydra color as a base first, which formed a toned down greenish yellow. By this point many of you could STOP, and apply typical black liner! Catch my drift? Ooh, as an update to my Color Seasons' Summer is finished, only three more analysis's to go. Essentially the posts will feature a few celebrities along with colors to stick with, and steer clear of. Very concise, but informative! 

Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 30 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                              37 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

 Jouer Cosmetics - Luminizing Moisture Tint, Pearl
Make Up For Ever - Star Lit Liquid, Arctic White
Gerard Cosmetics - Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick, Serenity 

                    Neon's are definitely hard to work with since on some complexions they can completely wash ones skin out, however, when done up right with a balance between warm and cool, I can assure you love bunnies there should be NO issues that strike ya'! With that being said, to kick things off I prepped my skin with Shea Moisture's 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil by spreading the product across all the four main zones of my face in a light lathering. I actually took a shower hours before this tutorial, so my skin was rather supple, thus me not needing too much of a priming base! For evening purposes, I squeezed out a pea-sized amount of Jouer's Luminzing Moisture Tint in Pearl onto the back of my hand, then with my E.L.F. Concealer Brush, I dipped into the product, then transferred it onto my skin beginning from areas needing the most coverage, sheering out to areas needing just a light veil. I haven't used a highlighting mechanism in quite some time, but I did feel that adding a bit of glitz to my cheekbones would REALLY pop off the neon hues, and form a gorgeous finish-- that said, I dotted Make Up For Ever's Star Lit Liquid in Arctic White onto my cheekbones (two dots will do), and gently spread the product out with my ring finger smudging it from my hairline, down to the apples of my cheeks. This is PURE glitter with glow, so pants will NOT be effective in blending! Lip wise I kept the texture matte this way all the focus would be on my eyes, and highlight. Serenity by Gerard Cosmetics is the perfect up-beat neutral pink for this look! Not too vibrant, but not too bland. 
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows)
Too Faced Cosmetics - Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Pallet
Summer Yum (all over color), Delectable (crease)
Mac Cosmetics - Mac X Chris Chang Eye Shadow, Mu Mu Bloom (transitional)
Suva Beauty - UV/Florescent Hydra Liner, Dance Party (eyeliner, lid clean up)
Violet Voss Cosmetics -  Glitter, Electric Coraline
Mac Cosmetics - Zoom Lash, Beets Me
Kiss Products - Lash Couture Faux Mink Collection, Boudoir

                          For some reason the eye makeup reminds me of a fruity citrus smoothie! I think this has to do with the vibrant yellows melding with the pops of coral, and peach. Nethertheless, today I kept a strict focus on my eyes rather the brows, and lashes! Of course, you can dress up your mustaches as you please, but I really wasn't feelin' like a thick overcoat was necessary. With that said, I trudged right into the look by swirling Mu Mu Bloom (any light vibrant yellow will do) by Mac Cosmetics across my lids, and up into my crease with a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender Brush! Don't be afraid to build up pigment on Mu Mu Bloom, the more vibrant, the better. From there, I switched to my Sweet Peach Pallet, and heavily saturated my new Morphe M433 brush in the shade Summer Yum, to only disbruse the beautiful warm toned brown into my crease starting from the outer thirds of my lids, dragging inwards towards the natural definition lines my lids make, I call this "hugging" the lids. Since I had the pallet handy, I tapped gently into Delectable, and firmly tugged it into my crease with concentrated side to side blends, aiming only towards the very outermost parts of my crease. By this point, the shadow should be completed, if not dust over things once more, because it's time to get MESSY! First off, Suva Beauty's Hydra Liners are ALL activated by water, so I gathered a clean bottle of water from my downstairs, gently tapped my Sephora #18 brush into Dance Party, swirled into the jar a few times until I got an opaque finish, then I began sculpting out my lids just as I would with a cut crease, this time however the goal is to go light with the pigment at FIRST, to allow the color to dry, then to go in once more to line the upper lash lines, and lower lash lines for a brighter contrast of color. Sealing things up, I did just that and lined my upper lash lines with a heavier contrast of Dance Party, then I went ahead and applied Kiss's Faux Lashes in Boudoir for a natural lash finish. Beets Me mascara by Mac Cosmetics was applied as a less harsh version to a pure back, trust me, the off burgundy will be your best bet, as opposed to even a brown! As far as the glitter goes, I approcahed this as my last step, since falsies tend to catch glitter fall out, and make the whole process a breeze. I began by first dipping my finger into that sterilized bottle of water from before, then I tapped into Electric Coraline glitter by Violet Voss Cosmetics, and I applied it directly onto the outer thirds of my lids, slightly toppling over onto the cetner of my lids. Make sure the glitter does NOT reach the inner thirds! By the way, YES, water makes for an excellent glitter bonding base, perhaps not sticky, but effective.