Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Jouer Cosmetics Brand & Products Review (Lip Creme Matte Liquid Lipsticks, Luminizing Moisture Tint)

                           For as much as I love my normal indie brands, sometimes exploring into different realms is but a positive, and somewhat negative thing! How? Well, obviously the cons of NOT knowing what will break you out follow, but by the same token, the excitement of testing out possibly stellar products follows. With that all being said, about half a week ago I was paroozing through Beautylish.com, and I was starstruck by the luminizing moisturize tinted sunscreen product! Could they ACTUALLY have my shade? From there, I looked at some lipsticks, and realized the price tag was the same as if I purchased another Jeffree Star Cosmetics product, so I went ahead and picked out three shades that spoke to me most. Below is my REVIEW of each product, and my overall review of the brand. Since the lip products vary in texture, each lipstick will have an individual thought process, and rating! I hope you loves enjoy, and do stay tuned for another review coming down the pipe. 


UPDATE 1/25/17: PRODUCT CONTAINS "dimethicone" WHICH TRAPS MOISTURE, BACTERIA, AND SUCH IN, THUS CAUSING BREAKOUTS. My skin has broken out terribly from this in the long run, and it BURNS. STEER CLEAR IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE, OR ACNE PRONE SKIN! 

"**" MEANS THE PREVIOUS "REVIEW" WAS UPDATED

Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).


                         The foundation of my dreams is one of ample quality that doesn't hide me, it makes me SHINE! Most dewy foundations are but foundations, and yield a coverage that is just too high for my liking. Weirdly, I like my freckles, and even those tiny imperfections to be SEEN! However, I do want a product that can be toned up coverage wise when needed. It must be fragrance free, and oil free to be the most proper fit for one with sensitive, yet dry skin! What product would fit this scenario? WELL, I have just found it is is the Jouer Cosmetics Luminizing Moisture Tint! According Jouer's official website, "this lightweight moisturizing tint evens out imperfects and fades the appearance of fine lines with its light-diffusing multi-mineral formula. SPF 20 protects from UVA and UVB rays while Ginseng and Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract deliver antioxidants to skin, promoting a healthy complexion." Straight off the bat I would like to point out MOST SPF products break me out, however I noticed this tinted moistuizer yielded nothing but perfect skin conditions. Probably this is due to the non-fragrance portion
**IN THE LONG RUN PRODUCT CAUSED TINY BUMPS ON MY SKIN, AND CLOGGED MY PORES.

Secondly, I would also like to take note that MANY light-diffusing foundations have poor coverage, but this can be easily built up, and is true to the product description. For the price of $36.00 you receive nothing but jam-packed product in a 50 mL/ 1.7 fl oz squeezey tube, which is .2 less than Nars's Pure Radiant Tined Moisturizer, for $8.00 less, too. Nars's Tinted Moisturizer has a tendecy to make my skin a huge red pimple, however it is the best comparison wise when we're talking tinted products so bare with me!
**PRODUCT DOES HAVE GOOD COVERAGE, BUT WAS OVERALL A DUD. LOOK INTO HORMONAL IMBALANCES WITH SUNSCREEN PRODUCTS...YOU'LL UNDERSTAND MY PAIN.

My shade: Pearl 
Other available shades: Opal, Pearl, Golden, Glow, Bronzed, Caramel, Deep Bronze

                  They don't have the widest foundation shade range, but if you're Deep Bronze (tan to deep skin tones), a good color guide is number 8 in Urban Decay's Naked Skin Product, and Carob True Color Stick by Black Opal! IF you're light skinned, I am talking paper white, Opal is a good comparison to Siberia by Nars Cosmetics, and N0 by Cover Fx Cosmetics. Below is the product on my skin, along with my personal thoughts! 

               As you can see the product yields a WONDERFUL glow, to the point I don't need the extra addition of a powder highlighter! The shade match is stellar, and gives me almost a bronzed appearance, though the color again melts into my skin. IF you have acne, this product will NOT be for you since it really just glides over, and despite it having a build-able quality, it isn't a foundation! Also, if you desire pure glow in the form of oil, this will NOT be for you. The finish is a finely milled shimmer in all the right areas. In comparison to Nars's Pure Radiant Tined Moisturizer, this has by far the best finish glow wise, and to my surprise glides right over dry patches without emphasizing them. Products with sunscreen have a tendency to wear off, however I noticed this held onto any areas I wanted coverage on well and within the 4 hours of wearing the product remained put without a setting powder, or setting spray! Do be noted the fragrance remark is TRUE, no overpowering smells follow. ALSO please know this is noncomedogenic, thus it won't clog your pores...UH HUH, Nars I am looking at YOU. 
**FOR SOME REASON THE FRAGRANCE GROWS AS YOU GO THROUGH THE CONTAINER. IT IS COMPLETELY CHEMICALLY BASED.

            Since the ingredients are NOT listed online, I decided to take a photo of the foundation's packaging so you loves can get a better idea of WHAT you're using on your skin! Comparing this to the Nars once again, the amount of Titanium Dioxide is LOWER, as well as the Zinc Oxide percentage being lower by 2% too-- again probably reasons why this didn't cause a massive breakout for me. Speaking of packaging, this has a sleek, and quant look to it thus you can easily slip it into your purse, and reapply liberally if needed! I prefer this packaging to the Nars since it has a glossy finish, rather a matte one, thus making it easier to clean, and making it appear SLEEKER. This definitely is a product I would recommend, and if you're freaked out about the price, do consider the amount of product you get and logically how much you will use! Those like myself wanting sheer coverage will use pea-sized amounts, and will be pleased, but if you do have poor skin, or even oily skin this product will just disappoint you.  
**COMBINED THE 5%, AND 3% FORMED A NEGATIVE REACTION. SINCE THIS IS SUCH A SILKY FORMULA THAT MELTS INTO THE SKIN, IT LITERALLY GOES DEEP INTO THE PORES. I DID A CHARCOAL MASK LAST WEEK, AND HAD A MAJOR PURGE (CHARCOAL SUCKS OUT THE IMPURITIES FROM THE SKIN)! THESE BREAKOUTS BURNT, AND WERE BLEEDING, FOR REFERENCE. 

                           When it comes to liquid lipstick you can never have too many! Whether you fancy thicker formulas, or thin formulas, at the end of the day all one desires is smooth coverage that LASTS. Jouer's Long-Wear Lip Creme Liquid Lipstick is one I have yet to test out, until today that is! I chose three colors, Cabernet (deep cool red), Daiquiri (warm metallic coral), Pétale de Rose (cool deep rose), and put them all to the same test of talking, as well as eating non-oily foods to see how long they would last! Do be noted, rather my typical collages I put the lipsticks into THREE separate reviews since the textures vary, in my opinion at least. 

Daiquiri
Metallic warm coral

                  Daiquiri is a shade you might have never seen before, but don't let that stop ya' from trying it out! At first, I was taken back by the vibrancy, but then I realized THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT in a liquid lipstick. Full powered product that just packs a punch in pigment! To the left is a swatch of the color on my lips 2 hours after wearing the product out. I noticed this has a thinner formula then Anastasia's Liquid Lipsticks, but a more powder like texture then Nyx's Matte Lip Creams. It truly felt weightless on my lips, and posed no discomfort as many liquid lipsticks can form! One thing I love is that whatever is in the container, is what comes out onto your lips. Most containers are deceiving and portray colors more desirable to the consumer-- this however, is the perfect sunny coral for Spring, and Summer! As a tip, try rubbing your lips off onto a paper towel, it'll make the metallic finish almost a pure SHIMMER. Nyx's Strawberry Daiquiri is a bit warmer, lighter, and less vibrant as a color guide. As a con, I DO NOT enjoy the packaging overall since it's square/rectangle cut that won't fit into most lipstick canisters, and the sharp edges actually HURT if they poke ya'!

Cabernet 
Matte cool deep red

               A beautiful shade, but not one that I was impressed with. Cabernet is the darkest red besides Besame's Blood Red I house, and while it is dark the shade is STREAKY! In other words, if you don't apply the color evenly, and layer as I do, the layers will not look even. For example, applying a thin layer across will yield a cool red, but if you layer over again the next layer will be DAKRER, thus leading the user to need another coating for evening purposes. Perhaps this isn't visible in my photo, but what is visible is my tiny lip hairs...OOPSIE! I also noticed the shade leaned more plum on my lips, which actually surprised me since the shade swatched RED on my hand-- this could just be the shade clashing with my neutral undertones, and it frankly did not bother me since overall I think the color is stunning. They do live up the matte effect, and keep it comfortable! 

Pétale de rose
Cool deep rose

            Pétale de rose is your typical "everyday" wear lip color! I found this formula to be SMOOTHER, and creamier than Cabernet, but for one thing the shade was still matte, and free of overpowering fragrances, or terrible smelling ingredients. Just so you cuties know, the filling size is 0.21 fl oz./ 6 mL of product, which in comparison to Anastasia Beverly Hills is  MORE since ABH has 0.11 fl oz of product! How's that for container size not mattering. Overall I found this shade to be the longest wearing, and the most pigmented since I had ease gliding the color on without multiple pumps to the applicator! Oh yeah, forgot that! I think I might be experiencing issues since you don't get a ton of product on your first sweep-- it takes a few pumps to really work the product up towards the top. For some this os beneficial as it makes precision key, but for others like myself, I like to guide my own coverage! Are these lipsticks worth $18.00? Well, is any lipstick worth that much? Honestly I would price these as $14.00, but keep in mind I am a harsh reviewer. One thing is for sure these are NOT like any other product you've probably ever tried. 

                     I hope this swatching style is easier for you loves to reference, rather zooming in on various collages that can sometimes look plain MESSY! As a brand I am instantly in love with Jouer Cosmetics, and look forward to purchasing more products. Any brand that can cope with my sensitive skin type, is brand worth keeping!
SaveSaveSaveSave