Monday, January 2, 2017

Glamorous & Dramatic Shimmery Warm Toned Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial

                    As many of you cuties know I like to keep my makeup simple, and even when it's glam...SIMPLE! Today however, I created a different rendition of my Aries Glittered Fire Makeup Tutorial from last year, with a bit of a more dramatic and defining touch. Typically heavy eyeliner is not my thing, but I actually dug the final outcome as it yielded a beautiful, and rather sophisticated finish! Hope you loves enjoy.

 Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 23 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                              25 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Sephora Collection - MicroSmooth Baked Luminizer, Star Dust
Mac Cosmetics - Viva Glam Lipglass, Viva Glam I


                   I am beyond tired of people coming at me claiming coconut oil clogs the pores! Number one, EXTRA VIRGIN coconut oil penetrates DEEPER then most moisturizers, and does not clog the pores. As an added bonus, it leaves a grease free finish. Know your facts before you become an online dermatologist. It seems everyone wants to give, rather receive. Anyhow enough of my mini Lillee rant, let's get into the makeup, shall we?! To begin I prepped my skin with a sheer coating of Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, I made sure to soften the product across all four main planes of my face. It's best to always wait a few seconds before moving along to the foundation stage, but if you're like me, who prefers the slicked base, feel free to move riiiighhht along! Twisting up Anastasia's Stick Foundation in Ivory, I smudged the stick onto any areas of concern, ad then I gently buffed the product in with my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush. Do try to stick with medium coveraged to full coveraged foundations, because we want the focus our EYES, and LIPS. Speaking of lips, I applied two coats of Mac's Viva Glam I lipglass onto my lippies until I achieved an opaque finish! Excuse my slight over-line on the Cupid's bow, this was an OOPSIE, haha. Before havin' fun with the eye makeup, I finished up my face with a light dusting of Star Dust MicroSmooth Luminizer by Sephora onto the high points of my face! I actually used my ring finger for application purposes since I find this product to LACK pigment. Anything gleaming, and gold shall do love bunnies :)!

Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows)
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet
Red Ochre (crease)
Lime Crime Makeup - Venus the Grunge Pallet
Muse (cut definition); Creation (cut transitional shade)
Violet Voss - Glitter, Goldie (lids)
Sugarpill Cosmetics - Loose Eyeshadow Pigments
Goldilux+Asylum+Penelope (lids)
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean
Suva Beauty - Chrome Hydra Liner, Gold Digger 
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

                 Before you guy's get overwhelmed by the products list do consider the fact EACH shade ties into one another, and if these colors were in the same pallet, there truly would be only 4 colors used. Understand? Being this will be a rather long paragraph, take this as an "after the brows" scenario-- Right after finishing off my eyebrows with Mac's Brun Eyeshadow, I dug into the cut crease by first placing a piece of tape on the side of each eye, this way clean up would be simple, and not an issue. From there, I pulled out Lime Crime's Venus the Grunge Pallet, and swirled right into Creation with Morphe's M433 brush! Creation was dusted above my natural crease lines with fluent side to side blending motions hitting just below the tail end of my brows. To add a reddish tone to the overall look, I switched to Muse from the same pallet, and applied the color closer to the natural creasing of my eye socket, with slightly more concentrated blends! Feel free to build up pigment as you go, it doesn't hurt to be VIBRANT. The last color I added to my crease is Red Ochre by Anastasia Beverly Hills! Though quite similar to Muse, it IS a tad darker, so I brushed the color across the cut crease line as a defining shade with Morphe's E22 Pointed Blender Brush. The tape really is sensational during this stage, because instead of gauging how far out I'd fancy stretching Red Ochre, the tape captures all excess pigment, and yield an extremely clean cut that one could not form on their own, free handed. Speaking of cleanness, before adding a bit of dazzle dazzle to my lids, I carved out my lids by using Cover Fx's G20 Cream Foundation, and by using the flat shader side of the brush that comes with Anastasia's Modern Renaissance Pallet. As a pro tip begin from the inner corners, and drag out as you would eyeliner following where your lids naturally curve, and naturally end. This foundation once dry has a STICKY feel, thus glitter primer was unnecessary, however I will warn that from this point on things get MESSY, so do invest in a handy dandy paper towel shadow guard (tape the paper towel under your eyes, this way the paper towel catches fall-out). Aright, listen closely, and TRY to make sense of what I am going to say in the next few lines! Pulling out Sugarpill's Loose Eye shadow's in Golidlux, Asylum, and Penelope, I chose a random cap from the loose eyeshadow containers, then poured in an ample amount of each color. From there, I mixed the pigments together with that same ABH brush as mentioned before, and began packing the shade (a warm bronze) onto my lids in great quantity until I achieved my desired finish. I added a bit of Violet Voss's Goldie Glitter to the batter, however this is optional as I know many are not fond of the grainy bits! Starting to finish things up, I added accent lines to the very ends of my cut creases with Suva Beauty's Gold Digger Hydra Liner, then I lined my upper lash lines, as well as lower lash lines HEAVILY with Revlon's ColorStay Liquid Liner. The drop effect (lower lash line) might look weird at first, hence why I added Black Bean Jumbo Eye Pencil by Nyx Cosmetics to deepen the eyeliner hue, and to form a more smudged out effect! Lash wise I kept things glamorous with a few coats of Ciate's Wonderland Mascara, and an application of Huda Beauty's Scarlett Falsies. WHEW! That all surly was a mouthful, but I hope for those looking to recreate this tutorial, it is helpful. Till' next time my loves XOXO!

SaveSaveSaveSave