Saturday, January 21, 2017

Fresh Faced Skin & Bold Coral Lips

                      Some days eyeshadow, and heavy lashes just aren't cuttin' it! Instead of packing the makeup on, why not make a statement with a bold lip, and clear healthy looking skin?! This is one of my favorite color combinations to go out with, since a good bold lip can create the illusion of perfected skin, and can really brighten up one's features. The only thing I shall say is BE CAREFUL with the type of lip color you choose! While I went with a vibrant coral red, on a really pink toned complexion this might look...well...scary. Instead, opt in for a vibrant pink, or even vibrant off toned lilac!

A more "makeupy" version (more cosmetics used) ➪ Fresh Faced Tutorial W/ Blue Lips 

Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 5 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                              5 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

L'Oreal Paris - True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation, W2 Light Ivory

                             This tutorial is truly a quicky! Ever have those mornings where you're running late, and DREAD applying liner because you just know it'll be flunked up? Fear not, lipstick is here. First however, I hydrated my skin with a bit of Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to act as a priming base, and to rid it of dryness, then I applied a light coating of L'Oreal's Lumi Cushion Foundation in W2 for covering purposes! This product gives a healthy glow to the skin, so this is all I needed. I personally have dry skin, so I tend to skip on the powder, but if you're prone to oiliness, throw on a bit of setting powder onto your under eye area and on your t-zone. 

Dose of Colors - Matte Liquid Lipstick, Coral Crush

                            Coral Crush is my absolute FAVORITE coral lipstick, even over my Marc Jacobs Cora Cora Lippie product! It's so full of pigment, and saturation it's hard to not fall in love. With two light glides on I had lip perfection ;)! Again, remember to choose YOUR favorite vibrant lipstick color! What works for me, might not work for you. Some good options include Candy Yum Yum by Mac Cosmetics, Orchid Ecstasy by Maybelline New York, and Orange Shot by Maybelline New York, too, in case you're seeking something more orange toned!
SaveSave