Thursday, January 19, 2017

Dark Patriotic Red White & Blue Makeup Tutorial

                      With all the negativity in the world, I felt doing a patriotic look would be the best to flush out the ickies! This look is not vibrant, its more of a toned down, and dark version of your typical red, white, and blue. Hope you cuties enjoy! Remember, spreading love and forming unity is the American way.

Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/sensitive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).


Time to complete this tutorial: 30 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                              37 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

 Jouer Cosmetics - Luminizing Moisture Tint, Pearl
                              Being as though I know many people who're taking part in the march to Washington D.C., this will be kept concise and in my alternative blog format where each few products has an ample description!

                         For my base, I applied Shea Moistures Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to make my skin supple, then I moved along to applying Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint in Pearl, scarcely, onto areas needing coverage such as on my forehead, and onto areas I wanted to highlight such as on the sides of my nose, and on my cheekbones! This product is extremely versatile, and long-wearing if used correctly :).

Jeffree Star Cosmetics - Velour Liquid Lipstick, Unicorn Blood
                        Instead of your typical vibrant red, I chose Unicorn Blood by Jeffree Star Cosmetics, because it's deep enough to created a dark patriotic vibe, but light enough to show it tis' still red!

Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows)
                      As always I gave myself a light fill in by using Morphe G11 brush, and a bit of Brun eyeshadow by Mac Cosmetics! Stroking the brush from side to side will give the most natural, and defined results.

Morphe Brushes - Individual Pans
Ocean Frost (inner corners); Just White (center lid)
                       The typical blue you see on the flag is much darker than Ocean Frost, but by the same token this is MY rendition of America. Pride, is pride! With that said, dipping my Mac 231 brush into the pan, I proceeded to softly transferring it onto the inner corners of my lids with firm patting motions. Since this is a foiled shadow, I suggest going in once with your finger to really pack a punch in texture! Taking a bit of Just White, I softly buffed the color onto the center of my lids with side to side short blends by using Morphe's M433 brush

Makeup Geek - Eyeshadow Pan
Corrupt (darkening shade); Bitten (red fade shade)
                     Since half of the eye makeup is completed, let's work on the other half! Cleaning my Mac 231 brush off on a cleaned paper towel, first to remove the foiled blue color that was used previously, I newly dipped into Bitten by Makeup Geek Cosmetics, and outlined a negative space cut crease style by flicking my brush out as I would eyeliner, then flicking it inwards hugging the natural fold my eyes make when I look up, all was shaded in once I had my ideal shade. Don't have any shame if you need to use concealer for clean up! To darken things up, and to really to add definition, I smoked Corrupt not only across my lower lash lines connecting at the exact wing angle my negative space cut crease makes, but on the outer corners of that cut crease to form a fade. 

Mac Cosmetics - Creme Liner
Ciate London - Wonderwand Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Sasha 
                         Finishing up, I very lightly lined my upper lash lines with Mac's Creme Liner, this was meant to add drama, it should not overpower the shades. I then coated my lashes with Ciate's Wonderwand mascara, and applied Huda Beauty's Sasha Falsies! Falsies are optional, but I feel they'll make your look go from bland, to glam.
SaveSaveSaveSave