Monday, December 5, 2016

Soft Salmon Pink Neutral Toned Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                   Since October I have been desperately trying to pair Nyx's Strawberry Daiquiri Lipstick with a suitable eyeshadow look! This cross between a beautiful soft red, and punchy salmon pink does pose some issues such as choosing the correct shadow undertone, and shadow vibrancy, but overall I am quite satisfied with this soft makeup look, and I hope you cuties are too. Any skin tone could pull this off simply because neutral hues, are...well, NEUTRAL-- they fit anyone, and conform to any skin tone! I would like to make it a point many of the products I used are either affordable, OR drugstore related. It's been a request many a time to do more tutorials with cheaper products, and I understand this matter, so here we go love bunnies! 

                    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 21 (professionals/myself)
                                        24 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Nars Cosmetics - Highlighting Blush, Miss Liberty 
Nyx Cosmetics - Matte Lipstick, Strawberry Daiquiri 

                      Currently I am asking myself WHY I hadn't broken down on my product ingredients quicker, because spending $50.00+ on a primer ever so often isn't cheap, but straight coconut oil is! All you loves need is a tiny finger tip sized amount, to of course rub you finger together, thus warming the product up, and to massage the coconut oil in with soothing circular blends making sure all zones of your face happen to be covered. The funny part is, coconut oil makes an AMAZING face base, but also an amazing makeup remover...go figure! I personally love the way it makes my skin look, and I most certainly fancy how easy my foundation blends in with the slicked base. Speaking of foundation, with Anastasia's Stick Foundation in Ivory, which seems to have become my "GO TO" product, I carefully smudged it lightly onto any red spots, or scabs, then with my Morphe M439 Brush, I went ahead and gently buffed the ivory shade in with soft bouncing, and pressurized stippling motions! From there I added a soft sheen to my skin, particularly on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose with a tad of Nars's Highlighting Blush in Miss Liberty. Peach glow, with salmon makeup, see where I was goin' here? Of course, the lips happen to be Nyx's Strawberry Daiquiri lipstick. This formula is rather decent, but you will have to apply either setting powder on-top to ensure your color stays bold all day long, or just a topper of liquid lipstick to make sure it remains. I've had NO ISSUES so far with it fading, but after checking some online reviews I came to the conclusion this is a dilemma!
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Bh Cosmetics - 88 Neutral Eyeshadow Pallet: Row 4, Column 4 (lids); Row 6, Column 7 (crease); Row 2, Column 1 ( inner corners)
Morphe Brushes - 35U Multi-Color Shimmer Eyeshadow Pallet, Row 2, Column 4 (crease)
Mac Cosmetics - Creme Liner
Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Cosmetics - Dessin Du Regard Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil, Shimmering Burgundy
KoKo Lashes - Amore

                     Ahh, do I love me some smokey eyes! As much as I enjoy the artistic side of cut creases, and how aesthetically pleasing they look on camera, and in person, there's just some sense of glam a smokey eye releases. Plus the fact, if you're desiring girly makeup on the fly, smokey's are the simplest to complete! With all that being said, to begin I filled both brows in with Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn. Rather my typical thin fill, I went for something more defined, and bold this way it would stand out against the dramatic falsies I planned to use. After that, I broke out my Bh Cosmetics 88 Neutral Eyeshadow Pallet, and with a Morphe E22 swirled right into Row 4, Column 4, which is a bright salmon pink! Luckily, this baby goes on VERY lightly, so it's simple to sheer out, and not too overpowering. I took the color across my lids, and up into my crease with side to side blending motions! For building up the crease purposes, the next shade I used is Row 6, Column 7 which is actually more of a soft sand then anything peachy. This tone neutralizes things a bit more, and removes any stand outish pigments that show through!  Row 6, Column 7 softly was dusted into the natural fold of my eye socket crease then was topped off with a bit of Row 2, Column 4 from Morphe's 35U Pallet, which has a darker reddish hue perfect for a soft crease. Before putting the pallets down, I smudged Row 2, Column 1 sparingly towards the inner corners of my eyes, and a bit on the inner thirds of my lids. This step isn't necessary, but it will draw light where it's fancied most, and will tone down a dramatic liner style/lash stlye to make things girlier! 

                   It's been quite some time since I've used the Mac Cosmetics Creme Liner product, and honestly, I miss it! This baby has trudged through the toughest of glitters, and has yielded me the darkest of bold lines, truly is worth the price tag my friends. Anyhow, with a Mac 242 Shader Brush, I wet the tip, swirled into the creme liner, then I went ahead and defined my upper lash lines with sharp, and rather thick wings! For my waterlines I chose YSL's Shimmering Burgundy eyeliner pencil, since I found the plumish tone to complete salmon beautifully. Finishing things up fully, I coated my lashes with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, then applied KoKo's Amore Falsies! I wish I would of cleaned these better beforehand, but c'est la vie, haha. Stay tuned for the Instagram short tutorial, loves! Also, I know I say this ALL the time, but thank you all for your constant support, XOOX.
SaveSave

Why I look like I'm going to ray burn someone with my eyes on the cover photo, NO CLUE! Here is a mini tutorial however for todays makeup😁. Hope you cuties enjoy. Song: KT Tunstall, Black Horse And The Cherry Tree Skin: @anastasiabeverlyhills Ivory Foundation @narsissist Miss Liberty Highlighting Blush #nars #NARSissist #highlight #blush #abhfoundation #foundation #glowy Eyes: @bhcosmetics 88 Neutral Shadow Pallet #bhcosmetics @morphebrushes 35U Pallet #morphe #warm Lips: @nyxcosmetics Matte Lipstick in Strawberry Daiquiri (it's the bombest color ever for neutral-warm skin tones) #skintone #paleskin #nyxcosmetics #lipstick #nyx Lashes: @kokolashes Amore ❤️️ #kokolashes #falsies #lashes #dimples #smile Brows: @anastasiabeverlyhills Auburn Dipbrow #abhbrows #brows #makeupclips #glamvids #1minutemakeup #makeupvideo #video

A video posted by Lillee Jean Trueman (@thaeyeballqueen) on