Monday, December 26, 2016

Soft Apricot and Shimmery Light Peach Makeup Tutorial

                        AHH, the day after Christmas! What did you love bunnies get? It seems to me this Christmas has been VERY evenetful for most as my live feed shows the whole page is full of people searching up my reviews...uh oh, HAHA. Besides this, today I have in store for you cuties an extremely dewy, and girly makeup tutorial that can even work for those not a fan of pink hues, since I incorporated apricots, and peach colors! Enjoy my fluffies XOXO.

    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 26 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                 29.5 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  
Milani Cosmetics - Color Statement Lipstick, 26 Nude Creme


                    So it appears you guys enjoyed the "flash" photography style I've been utilizing these past two days, be that as it may, anytime the weather is hideous I shall pose with flash now! Never realized how much the lighting effect could bring out my features, and how it could eliminate my issue of shadowing. Go figure! Anyhow to kick of today's makeup I began with a fresh, and light coating of Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil spread across all four main zones of my face. I fancy using my finger to blend the product in, but of course you can use a sponge, or a brush! To give my skin a youthful glow without making it appear too oily, and too mask like, I squeezed out one pump of Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation in my shade 14 Ivory Medium onto the fat side of my pre-dampened Beauty Blender Pro, to only firmly bounce the product across my skin beginning from areas needing the most coverage, and sheering out to areas that just need a sheer veil of foundation. To emphasize my glow, I dabbed into the coconut oil with that same Beauty Blender Pro as used in the previous step, and disbursed the oil onto the high points of my face with EXTREME caution-- oil can make the skin look tired if not done correctly, and can also make the makeup glide off, so do take serious care in HOW you apply ANY facial oil when it comes to layering. As far as my lips go, I glided on Milani's Nude Creme Lipstick, not only because it is my FAVORITE nude, because it implements the simple classics of chic, modern beauty, without being too harsh of a color. 
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow, Brun 
   Morphe Brushes - Single Eyeshadow Pans: 
Wink For Pink (lids, lower lash lines); Brick (lower lash, inner v); Barbie Girl (crease)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pan, Poppy (crease)
Revlon - PhotoReady Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash, Peach Prism (inner corners)
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Lashes, Sasha 

                    Now as great as flash is, I would like to say some colors are a bit...distorted. For example, my crease is actually a vibrant poppy orange, while it appears more as a soft red! So please know ZERO edits were done, it's just a matter of lighting. Now that that's out of the way, let's get into the makeup! To begin I spruced up my eyebrows with a bit of Brun eyeshadow by Mac Cosmetics-- I prefer a light fill-in that is dramatic enough it's visible, but for today I kept things more on the natural side to create that soft and feminine feel. Being as I coat over my eyelids with foundation during the facial makeup stage, there never is a need to apply an extra coating of primer-- with that being the case, the first shade applied to my eyes was Barbie Girl by Morphe Brushes! This beautiful pink with raspberry notes was drifted throughout my crease with a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender Brush. Be sure to REALLY work this baby in as it's probably the only color truly blended in, the other shades were patted on, rather. Switching gears to my eyelids, I smudged into Wink For Pink by the same brand, and with my ring finger firmly smeared it from the inner corners of my eyes, out towards the center of my lids. This step was repeated TWICE until an uber metallic finish was yielded! Picking up a Morphe M433 brush, I patted into Poppy eyeshadow by Makeup Geek Cosmetics, tapped excess off on the side of the pan, then very gently blended the color into the inner v of my eye with slight, and concentrated motions. The goal here is to create an extremely vibrant orange/coral, so do make sure you continue packing up pigment until the orange pops out!  To enhance this color a tad more I swirled Brick eyeshadow from my lower lash line up into the natural creasing of my eye socket with once again concentrated tiny blends. I personally like to drag excess product down towards my lower lash lines, but this is totally up to you :)! Now that the bulk of our eye makeup is completed, let's add a bit of shimma shimma. Whipping out the cream portion of Revlon's Peach Prism Eye Art Duo, I applied a generous amount onto my lids, and with my cleaned pinky finger I blended the product in making sure to drag everything towards my lower lash for a dazzling effect. Finishing up, I lined my upper lash lines with Revlon's Black Out Skinny Liquid Liner, as well as my waterlines with Smolder by Mac Cosmetics, then I moved along to glam up my eyelashes with several coats of Ciate's Wonderland Mascara, and a plopping of Huda Beauty's Sasha Falsies onto my upper lash lines. Feminine doesn't mean you must use sparse falsies, it simply means GIRLY. Glam can be girly, too!
SaveSave