Saturday, December 24, 2016

New Years Eve: Romantic Shimmering Rose Golden Smokey Eye Drugstore Makeup Tutorial

                        While half of doing a good makeup job is having ample products, the other part is just being a well rounded artist inhibiting the ideals of color matching, and blending capabilities. With that being said, knowing many women out there cannot afford $50+ worth of makeup, or are waiting on that Christmas gift, I put together an ALL drugstore tutorial that is perfect for this holiday season! It can work for New Years Eve, perhaps a dining event, or down the road for Valentines Day as a soft, and elegant "come hither" me look. I hope you cuties enjoy, and are having an amazing Christmas/Chanukkah. 

    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 23 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                 27 (beginners/ intermediate)

Maybelline New York - Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth Foundation, 110 Porcelain 
Maybelline New York - Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick, Rum Riche 

                        Shall we begin? A rhetorical question, of course ;). I kicked things off with a chunk of Shea Mositure's 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil slathered across all four main zones of my face! This product is notorious for hardening come the colder months, so I did have to warm it up between my fingertips prior to application, though this was no biggy for me. IF you're like me however, and fancy that "less is more" look, I highly suggest using a moisturizing base, because the radiance yielded will in effect eliminate the need of a glow powder, and will decrease the desire to glob foundation on to change the skin texture! Speaking of foundation, one of my drugstore favorites is Maybelline's Dewy + Smooth foundation. Not only does this line of product have an amazing color match for me, it contains build-able coverage, and TRULY has a natural glow to it! With that being said, pouring out a tiny amount center of my Beauty Blender Pro, I began bouncing the foundation across my face with fluent patting motions until I achieved my desire finish. Just before putting my Beauty Blender Pro down, I glided on Revlon's Cream Highlighter Stick in Pink Light onto the high points of my face, and with the thin side of my B.B.P. I softly patted the product in! I enjoy a soft glow, don't you? These two products tend to be VERY long-wearing for me, so I moved straight along to the lips, and glided on Rum Riche by Maybelline Cosmetics. This shade is UBER creamy, so you might have to reapply during the night, but there is a quick fix by simply patting setting power on-top to yield a matte finish!
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow, Brun 
E.L.F. Cosmetics - Prism Eyeshadow Pallet, Sunset: 
shade 3 (lids); shade 1 (inner corners); shade 5 (crease)
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean (eyeliner, inner v, all over smoke)
Ardell Lashes - Wispies Black

                       GAH, I WOULD of picked an eyebrow color via drugstore brands, but sadly Brun by Mac Cosmetics is just the only match I can find as it encompasses the perfect balance between a taupeish brown, and golden/red sheen. Moving aside from this, do have handy a few blending brushes, or even some cosmetic q-tips handy because A LOT of blending was done! To begin, I pulled out my E.L.F. Cosmetics Prism Eyeshadow Pallet, in Sunset, and straight off the bat blended shade 3, a beautiful rose gold across my lids with a Mac 242 Brush-- the first time applied it was more of a sheen of color, and the second time I dipped my brush in sanitary water to activate the shimmer particles, and heavily applied the shimmer directly to the inner thirds of my lids blended out towards the outer thirds. Taking a q-tip, I blended the shimmer up into my crease using very soft circular blends, this way I could accurately, and throughly blend all products in without making regrettable mistakes. From there I took shade 5, and with a Mac 231 brush I harshly smudged the shade across my lower lash lines, as well as into my crease with side to side, and form fitting blends. For those unaware, form fitting simply menas I followed the natural creasing of my eye socket for a tight contrast! Here is where things get a bit..."funky". Taking Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean, I began by first smudging it across my waterlines, then I took the color up towards my upper lash lines with extreme pressure, and lined accordingly-- don't fret at the harsh line created, just continue building up pigment, this way we have enough to distribute around the eye. Once I had my desired pigment I flipped over my previously used q-tip, and smudged the harsh black firstly across my upper lash lines to soften the black, then up into my crease with form fitting c shaped maneuvers, and lastly I dragged everything down towards my lower lash lines for extreme definition. Feel free to build up MORE pigment as you blend! To finish up the eye makeup I coated my lashes generously with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, then I applied Ardell's Wispies in BLACK-- try to choose romantic like lashes that aren't too dramatic, just natural with a bit of flare. The last thing I did was pop shade 1 from E.L.F.'s Prismatic Eyeshadow Pallet towards my inner corners to bring light inwards, and to shimmer things up jusssst a bit more :).
SaveSave