Tuesday, December 27, 2016

New Years Eve: Red Hot Glittery Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                       Kick the New Year off with a sizzling smokey eye, paired with vibrant orange/red lippies! I hope you cuties enjoy as this is DIFFERENT in the terms of many choose darker colors to work around during the holiday season, however trying new things isn't always a bad thing, eh? Do be noted in advanced I used liquid lipstick for the eyeshadow, but in contrary no staining was left behind, and the wear time was unbelievable 😁. All products mentioned below are meant to LAST, and are Lillee approved love bunnies, but you can add on a setting powder/setting spray if you wear more face makeup than I do!

    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 28 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                34 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  
ColourPop Cosmetics - Highlighter, Stole the Show

               Takin' red lips to a whole other level does require some previous prepping, so do listen closely, and apply EVERYTHING the way I do to ensure nothing will slick off. Oil is a tricky product to handle, but if done correctly, it can become your new bestie! With that being said, to begin I dipped my finger into Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and with that ample amount slathered around the circumference of my finger, I smeared it onto my left cheek in full, then began massaging the oil in using a series of circular blends ensuring to hit every zone of my face, including under my chin, and neck. From there, I worked to even out my skin tone by pouring out one pump of my Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation center of my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush, to only transfer the foundation onto my skin with a variety of stippling motions, and firm blends on areas of concern (scabs, blemishes ect.). Do try to work the foundation in with THIN coats, just like nail polish, this will ensure the product will remain put all night long! For a dewy glow I popped Stole the Show by ColourPop Cosmetics (no pun intended) onto my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose using my ring finger and index finger stuck together. Two layers were applied to really get an eye catching glow! Lip wise I applied Checkmate by Jeffree Star Cosmetics since it is the only color I haven't used yet out of my Christmas gift a few days ago. In all honesty it is SO beyond stunning, and has a delectable formula!
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow, Brun (EYEBROWS)
Jeffree Star Cosmetics - Velour Liquid Lipstick: Checkmate (lids); Designer Blood (crease, lower lash lines); Unicorn Blood (crease)
Glitterally Cosmetics - Pressed Glitter, Chili Pepper
(USE 'thaeyeballqueen' for percentage off your next glitter)
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

                  Before you exit stage right after viewing the liquid lipsticks as eye makeup concept, PLEASE read on. Why? Well, liquid lipsticks in my findings blend just as well, if not better than eyeshadows, and have stellar staying power-- I always incorporate at least one liquid lippie for events lasting more than 5 hours. ANYHOW, now that I have your attention lets dive in! First off, I began by defining my brows with a light coating of Brun eyeshadow by Mac Cosmetics. I try to keep the fill-in's light yet visible to create a natural sense of drama! Pigment scares people, I understand this, so rather doing the eye makeup my typical way, I broke it apart in a less intimidating mannerism. For example, instead of digging into Checkmate, the most vibrant color, I worked on my crease first by smearing Unicorn Blood onto the outer third of my lids straight from the applicator stick, and by taking a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender to softly buff the shade in starting from the outer thirds, moving in hugging the natural creasing of my eye socket. Liquid lipsticks dry down quickly which is both a blessing, and a curse, so do work quickly, and try to blend with concentration (if you blend too far up, it'll be difficult to clean up without messing up the crease). Moving down a shade to a brown based red, I took Designer Blood and directly patted the color onto my Morphe M433 Brush, then I began blending the color from my crease, towards my lower lash lines with fluent side to side, and circular blends hugging my entire eye shape. By this point your fear of color should be gone as your eyeballs will be red fire breathers, so it tis' now time to adddddd Checkmate! Straight from the applicator once again, I patted the shade onto the inner thirds of my lids for intensive pigment, and then with my ring finger I softly blended the color in to ensure a smooth vivid red appeared, rather a random red in the middle of nowhere. 

                     Prior to adding glitter, I lined my eyes with Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean with a soft focus blend towards my crease, and waterline seeping onto the lower lash line! This formula is AMAZING, and for some reason blends better then my Mac Eye Kohl...WEIRD. Now for the glitter, I smudged Chili Pepper by Glitterally Cosmetics across my lower lash lines with my pinky finger, and made sure to apply the glitter twice to lock things in! Glitter does get messy during the day, so here is where I suppose a setting powder/spray would be beneficial- I just do cleanup. Make sure to use my code 'thaeyballqueen' on your next order for percent off cuties! For my lashes I kept things dramatic with a fe coats of Wonderland Mascara by Ciate London, and an application of Scarlett by Huda Beauty. It is New Years Eve makeup after all, so you can be as glittery, and as dramatic as you'd like! Here's to an amazing 2017 ;).