Thursday, December 29, 2016

New Years Eve: Pantone Color of 2017 Greenery Shimmering Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                             Green is a color symbolizing new beginnings, vitality, and inner strength-- a little something we all need come this new year in 2017, thank God Pantone selected such a vibrant selection of colors (greenery represents everything green in nature, essentially, but it can be referred to or seen as a typical "nature" green)! I hope you loves enjoy, and have the most happiest of New Years. This shall be one of the LAST blog posts of 2016! It has been a ride, but one worth the while. Love you all, and thank you for your support XOXO!

 Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 27.5 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                34 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Illuminator, Starlight
Mac Cosmetics - Lipstick, Fleshpot
Mac Cosmetics - Lustre Glass, Lustre White

                       For some reason when I look at my makeup headshot above, it yields such a calmness in my soul. Perhaps this is due to green being a soothing color, or perhaps I just am in love with the shadow! WHO KNOWS?! With all that being said, to kick things off I applied a sheer coat of Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil onto my skin starting from the center of my face, massaging the sleek oil out towards my hairline. Oil is a good alternative for those who seek hydrated skin, without the downfall of additives such as mineral oil which can clog the pores! Now that our skin is prepped, to form an even skin base I glided Anastasia's Stick Foundation in my shade Ivory onto the four main planes of my face, then by taking my Morphe M439 brush, I buffed all the given product in with a series of circular bends stemming from once again, the center of my face, blending out towards my hairline. Always remember the stemming phrase to ensure your makeup has the best chance of wearing off evenly, and look its's very best :)! Being as this IS a New Years inspired makeup look instead of skipping the glow as I normally do, I smudged on Starlight Illuminator by Anastasia Beverly Hills onto my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose with a Mac 132 Brush. Think lit within, but not a disco ball! As far as my lips go, I applied a hardy amount of Fleshpot by Mac Cosmetics onto my lippies, with a bit of Lustre White gloss by the same brand (any sparkling clear gloss shall do) to form an eye catching effect. Glossy lips might be a tad annoying touch up wise so a good alternative is to wear a semi-matte lip color!
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s)
Brun (brows); Kelly (crease); Bottle Green (crease/inner v)
ColourPop Cosmetics - Creme Gel Liner, Maybe (clean up/ lid shade)
ColourPop Cosmerics - Super Shock Eyeshadow, Fizz (lids)
Sugarpill Cosmetics - Loose Eyeshadow, Lumi (inner thirds)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pan(s): Corrupt
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

                      Ahhhh, do I love smokey eyes! Not only are they one of the most classic makeup styles to master, they just have an aesthetically pleasing vibe to em' without overdoing it. Think about cut creases! Not everyone fancies them however, smokey eyes can be both vibrant, and bare and still strike even those not into cosmetics. Aside from my mini pep-talk, to actually begin the eye makeup, I started by filling in both my brows with Mac's eyeshadow in Brun! This color seems to be a rather well match for my natural hair color, so I try to keep the fill-in light enough it's manageable, but dark enough it forms a contrast. From there I put two pieces of tape on the sides of my eyes as a guide for blending, then I immediately swirled into Kelly and swished the color throughout my crease with a M433 bush by Morphe Brushes! Give Kelly a few good blends back and forth, with in-between color buildups to ensure this shade has a thick base to it. To add a bit of dimension I appied  Bottle Green, a few hues down from Kelly closer to the natural creasing of my eye socket with a E22 Pointed Blender brush! Seeing as I used tape, I allowed my blends to be stretched further out, and less rounded then a typical smokey eye. Obviously you can morph this look into anything you want it to be! The last color of dimension, or in this case an additive of drama is Corrupt by Makeup Geek. This heavy black was carefully blended throughout my crease, and towards my lower lash lines with a steady hand, and a careful build-up of product as I back and forth blended the pigment in! Stopping at this point, I pulled out Maybe Creme Liner by ColourPop Cosmetics, and with a Sephora #20 brush, just like a cut crease, I outlined my lids firmly until I had a thick base of vibrant green. From there, I smudged my ring finger into Fizz by ColourPop and FIRMLY streaked the color across my lids starting from the very top of my crease, pulling down towards my upper lash lines to yield the most vibrant, and shimmery of finishes! While I had my fingers to good use, I applied a tad of Lumi onto the inner thirds of my lids-- it added a lovely touch of teal, that in effect contrasted the vibrant acid green color beautifully. Finishing things up, I glided Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean across my waterlines, followed by a precise lining of Revlon's Black Out ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner on my upper lash lines, and an application of Ciate's Wonderland Mascara, with a ploppin' of Huda Beauty's Scarlett to create a more dramatic finish. I suggest sticking to a heavy black lining, just because it will make the green tones pop 10X more! 
SaveSave