Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Matte Vibrant Yellow Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                           Welcome back love bunnies! Waking up this morning and seeing the sun shine bright really inspired me to do a look reminiscent of the sun, or rather the colors illuminated by the large star. Not many fancy using yellow eyeshadow, but if used correctly it can make the bluest of eyes REALLY pop, and it can brighten up the features instantly! I hope you cuties enjoy and WOOHOO for a natural lit selfie...finally. 

                     Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 26 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                34 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  
Urban Decay Cosmetics - Vice Lipstick, Uptight

                       You loves know the drill! Primer, or my hydrating base comes first, then the rest rolls out in one fast paced paragraph, because ya' know how much your Lilz loves to talk! No I am not flattering myself here, hehe. With all that being said, to begin I scooped out a tiny chunk of Shea Moisture's Coconut Oil with my fingertips, then I smoothed the product onto my skin until an oily finish was yielded-- I prefer using very gentle massaging motions that cover all grounds, from the center of my face, out towards my hairline! To form an even skin tone with subtle hints of radiance, I directly pumped the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation in my shade 14 Ivory Medium onto the center of my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer Bristles, to only buff the foundation onto my skin with static stippling motions. Static in my world at least means stipples that are frantic, and have no rhyme or reason (no beat)! While it would be fine and dandy to continue onnn, and oonnn about the makeup used, really I kept things simple. I always like to let my skin shine through, especially with light and airy looks. So rather packing on a glow powder, I glided on Uptight Lipstick by Urban Decay Cosmetics with two full coatings onto my lips! Try to stick with warm nudes that have subtle yellow undertones, it'll compliment the yellow shadow BEST. 
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow, Brun (EYEBROWS)
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet
Cyprus Umber (inner v), Golden Ochre (crease); Primavera (inner corners, a slight bit on the lids)
Sugarpill Makeup - Burning Heart Pallet
 Buttercupcake (all over color; crease/lower lash/lids)
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Black Bean
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

                       Since my new edition of eye makeup shots, I figure that my single eye photos could be replaced by the double eyeballs! Don't you agree? It's a better perspective, and sorta' gives ya' a bit of Eyeballqueen pizzazz. So you loves know, my side angles WILL NEVER be removed, as I understand some people like to see texture up close! Now that this has been handled, let's talk makeup. Right after filling in my eyebrows with Mac's Brun Eyeshadow, I moved along to dusting Buttercupcake from Sugarpill Cosmetics across my eyes with a Morphe E22 brush. This is our BASE color, so do swish the shade around as an all over color, and DO try to keep the shade as vivid as possible! To add a bit of definition, or in my case to create a guideline for how far out I wanted Cyprus Umber to blend out to, I blended Golden Ochre, a taupe like yellow into my crease by using a Morphe M433 brush. Please know in advanced this will look WEIRD next to Buttercupcake, but make no mistake, it won't affect the final outcome drastically, use the color to manage the intense pigment our next shade up will yield. Speaking of that "next shade up", with my same M433 brush, I very gently patted into Cyprus Umber, and I dabbed the color FIRST onto the outer thirds of my lids to ensure the bulk of the pigment would be concentrated in that area, then I began softly bringing the color in starting from my beginning point, crashing forward fitting my natural eye socket creasing as a glove to my end point (mid center lid). I personally like a bit of shimmer regardless of anything, so I popped Primavera onto the inner corners of my eyes, and a slight bit on my lids-- this made the yellow appear golden! Finishing things up, I lined my waterlines with Black Bean by Nyx Cosmetics, as well as my upper lash lines with fierce wings by using Revlon's ColorStay Liquid Liner. As far as my lashes go, I coated em' with Ciate's Wonderland Mascara, then applied my typical Huda Lashes in Scarlett! As a side note, I am SO beyond grateful Huda Beauty shouted me out the other day on their shopping page. WE MADE IT GUYS :)!!
SaveSave