Friday, December 2, 2016

Holiday Series: Wearable Shimmery Green & Raspberry Red Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                        The basic Christmas colors all of us have come to know, and love happen to be green, red, and sometimes a bit of gold! Now, understanding there are extremes to each color, in example red can be taken as a vibrant hue, or a subdue shade, I decided to put together a super festive smokey eye that encompasses the holiday fully, just with a few workable tones weaved in. Get your blending brushes out, it's go time love bunnies, ENJOY, XOXO!

                        Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 23 (professionals/myself)
                                        29 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Wet N' Wild Beauty - Silk Finish Lipstick, Just Garnet
Nyx Cosmetics - Soft Matte Lip CreamCopenhagen

                  Not sure if it's just me, but coconut oil makes a pretty darn good EVERYTHING. How so? Well, I not only used it as a priming hydrant, I also used it as a glow product, since a little goes a LONG way. The best part is you can purchase coconut oil at ANY local drug store, and they almost always come in large vats! For today however, I went along with my favorite Shea Moisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and carefully massaged the oily substance across my skin starting from the center of my face, working out towards my hairline. The trick to yielding a glowy complexion, without using a ton of product is playin' up on that oil, and NOT allowing it to fully absorb deep into the pores! In fact, after application, I whipped out my Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in the shade Ivory, and quickly smudged it onto any noticeable redness/scabs, then of course went ahead and blended everything in with a Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush. I find using concentrated stipples the BEST when it comes to a natural finish! Being I used the ABH foundation stick as truly a concealer of sorts, the oil shined through underneath, hence it was unnecessary to go back in and glow things up. If anything, I'd suggest you loves apply a powder onto areas you'd prefer to remain matte! For my lippies I chose Wet N' Wild's Just Garnet lipstick, and paired it with a bit of Nyx Cosmetics Copenhagen for a darker, as well as more matte finish. I felt this combination gave off a wearable yet noticeable vibe that would really make a statement contrasting off of the eye makeup. 
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pan: Bitten (inner v); Razzleberry (lower lash line, crease); Corrupt (lightly applied on the inner v); Shimmermint (center lid)
Inglot Cosmetics USA - AMC Pure Pigment Eye Shadow, 42 (inner corners)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett  

                   Eye makeup is one of the many reasons people fall in love with makeup! I mean...how could you not when there are infinite colors, textures, and materials to use on the eye area?! Just for today, however, we shall stick within the shimmer category, simply because shimmers scream holiday the most to me. With that being said, right after finishing off my brows (Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn), I dug into Shimmermint by Makeup Geek Cosmetics immediately, and with a Sephora #18 brush I blended it across my lids completely with side to side motions. From there, I opened up AMC Pure Pigment #42 by Inglot Cosmetics, and with that same Sephora Brush I packed on the chromatic pigment to precisely the inner corners of my eyes, peeping slightly onto the center of my lids-- make sure Shimmermint is STILL visible, I noticed the AMC pigments can become overpowering if not used cautiously. To begin working in the crease a bit, I started off with Razzleberry by Makeup Geek Cosmetics! Knowing many beauties have trouble with reds, I thought using a raspberry color would be best suited, since raspberry sheers out quickly. Picking up Morphe's E22 Pointed Blender, I swirled into Razzleberry's pan, and proceeded to shifting the shade into my crease with fluent side to side, and tiny circular blending motions! Excess product was dragged under my lower lash line. For extra dimension, that wouldn't be too dark, and would still capture the essence of a festive smokey eye, I very lightly mixed Bitten, and Corrupt together, then PATTED the mixture slightly onto the outer thirds of my lids, to only drag them inwards for that coveted inner v dramatic look. 

                     Finishing the whole shebang up, I glided on Mac Cosmetics Eye Kohl in Smolder across my waterlines, then I applied Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in Black Out to my upper lash lines with medium thick wings, and finally I wiggled on L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, with a plopping of Huda Beauty's Scarlett Falsies onto my upper lash lines for a dramatic effect. I highly suggest you loves STICK within the black-dark brown range when it comes to eyeliner, and mascara! Of course, experimenting with color is amazing, as well as fun, but the goal is to achieve a colorful, yet wearable smokey eye. Adding green on the waterline per-say, would take away from the festive charm, and effect the contrast we have going on between the raspberry, and green shades! 
SaveSave