Saturday, December 10, 2016

Holiday Series: Soft Rose Golden Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial | Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Pallet

                  Yanno, I really should have listened to you cuties earlier on purchasing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet! In all honesty, I find it comparable to the Lime Crime Venus Pallet, thus why I put off spending the extra dough, but now psychically having the pallet in my presence, I see the hype. In leu of the newest addition to my pallet collection, I decided to put together a stunning, and rather simple rose golden smokey eye that is perfect for this holiday season! It is light enough beginners will have no issues managing the shades, yet dark enough it still encompasses that Fall-Winter transition of hues. I hope you love bunnies enjoy, and of course, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

         Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).
Time to complete this tutorial: 23 (professionals/myself)
                                        25 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Natasha Deanna - Face Glow Cream Shimmer, 01 Light
Ciate London - Liquid Velvet, Pin Up

                      Breaking out of my dry skin faze, I amped up the amount of Coconut Oil used today this way my base was BEYOND slicked, yet manageable. Trust me, mattifying is EASY, covering dryness is NOT! With that being said, scooping out an ample amount of my Shea Moisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil with my fingertips, I carefully blended the chunks together to yield an oily finish, then proceeded to massaging all residue onto the four (4) main planes of my face, making sure no zone was left behind! The idea here is to KEEP a slicked base, thus drying time is unnecessary. Of course if you have oily skin you should do the very opposite, and aim for mattifying primers! As far as foundation goes, I kept my coverage extremely light, and only smudged the Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in Ivory onto areas containing redness, or slight discolorations due to the brisk weather. I actually find using LESS to be most effective because when it comes time to blend, the product will seamlessly coat over the skin in a thin layer, rather blend into a thickened cakey clump sitting above the skin! Speaking of blending, I chose to use my Morphe M439 Brush just to get a concentrated stipple goin'. For a beautiful, yet natural glow I rubbed my ring finger across Natasha Denona's Face Glow Cream Shimmer in 01, then transferred the shimmering pigment onto the high points of my face with gentle stippling/patting motions. Lastly, for my lips I chose Pin Up by Ciate London simply because the universally flattering berry hue compliments rose golds quite well! The only thing I noticed is this color fades DRASTICALLY thorughout the day-- so if you're planning on wearing this look out come Christmas day, or your religions holiday, do be cautious of wear time. 
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Caramel 
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet: Venetian Red (crease); Cyprus Umber (inner v); Vermeer (lids, lower lash line); Buon Fresco (transition shade)
Urban Decay Cosmetics - Naked Illuminated, Aura (lids)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Lashes, Sasha 

                      Let's not discuss my brows, I have NO IDEA why they came out so wonky! Partially this could be because I am in crisis on finding a brow color, despite everyone liking how Auburn by Anastasia looks on me, but c'est la vie, it shall all work out...I hope. Being I am not proud of my eyebrows today, let's move along to the meat of our makeup look, EYE SHADOW! Whippin' out Anastasia's Modern Renaissance Pallet, I immediately took kinship to the brush it comes with and swirled directly into Buon Fresco. I blended the beautiful taupey purple into my crease with very gentle side to side blending motions. Less is more when it comes to high pigmented shadows, so be sure to WORK your way up, and to not start with a huge lump sum of product! To add more definition, and frankly COLOR I switched to the shade Venetian Red, and disbursed the shade throughout my crease with fluent circular blends. I chose to stick with my Morphe M433 brush to yield a dense blend. For just a bit of drama I dragged excess pigments left on my brush bristles across my lower lash lines, then I took Cyrpus Umber, and frugally patted the color directly onto the inner v of my eye sockets! Be sure to REALLY blend this bad boy out, you don't want it overly visible. Before setting the M.R. pallet down, I went ahead and flipped over the brush this pallet comes with, then patted Vermeer shadow across my lids, as well as on lower lash lines with firm dragging/patting motions! I personally LOVE Vermeer, but I also wanted a bit more of a flashy pink, so I patted Aura by Urban Decay right on top, and it surly did the trick!

                        Finishing things up, I glided Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder across my waterlines, then I lined my upper lash lines with Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in the color Black Out! Try sticking within the range of light-medium thickness when it comes to wing size. Anything TOO thick will take away from the beautiful pink-gold shift of Vermeer + Aura, and anything too thin will not live up to the soft glam vibes! For my lashes I went along with Ciate London's Wonderland Mascara (it is quite comparable to the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, if I might say), and Huda Beauty's Classic Falsies in Sasha. You loves seem to REALLY love these new lashes, so expect more tutorials featuring em'! They're a bit less dramatic then my Scarlett lashes, but by the same token they still are glam ;). Stay warm cuties, especially those further up North then me! Snow, oh snow, why couldn't you be put off! Snow is so beautiful, but oh so dreadful since the temperatures drop, and once the cars come out it turns to poop. YUCK. What an optimist I am! 
SaveSaveSaveSave