Sunday, December 11, 2016

New Years Eve: Smoldering Blue Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

               I must admit darker toned smokey eye's are not my thing, but I have a feeling this SUPER smoked out eye makeup look will be a winner for some craving both holiday, and New Years makeup ideas! Our typical rosy, and golden eyeshadows normally hit the mark, but what about that side of you enchanted by darkroom colors glazed in shimmer? Ring a bell, spark a light? IF so, scroll down and find out how I created this actually pretty simple smokey eye. I included a mini Instagram tutorial for clarification purposes :)!

         Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 18 (professionals/myself)
                                        24 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Illuminator, Starlight
Dose of Colors - Matte Liquid Lipstick, Truffle

                        One mistake many beauties make when it comes to doing their makeup on the holidays is either packing on unnecessary product, or under-applying what is needed! What exactly do I mean by this? Well, smokey eyes draw focus to ALL positions of the face, thus your skin must be flawless, yet must still shine YOU through. There is no need to apply layers of blush, contour, and what not, there is a need however, to just have a clean slate, and the optional glow. Ya' feel me? With that being said, today I kicked off the makeup with a sheer coating of Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil onto all zones of my face. Coconut Oil makes for an amazing face base especially if you have dry skin! Going along the topic of a clean slate, as mentioned prior, for spot coverage I glided on Anastasia's Stick Foundation in Ivory onto any areas featuring discoloration due to redness, or perhaps a scab from a hormonal breakout. Once these areas were visibly covered, I whipped out Morphe's M439 Brush, and buffed the foundation in with very lightly pressurized stippling motions (stipples can be seen as firm pats, too). As many of you know, I like to add a hint of glow to my skin, so with Anastasia's Illuminator in Starlight, which is sadly no longer sold, I brushed it upon the high points of my face with a Mac 132 Brush! Just before moving along to the eye makeup, I coated my lips with the Dose of Colors Matte Liquid Lipstick product in Truffle. Any subdue pinky nude will work, just make sure the color, and formula you choose is manageable, as well as long lasting! On New Years many people drink, and talk often, so I'd recommend liquid lippies, regardless.
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pans: Boo Berry (lids, crease); Corrupt (inner v, lower lash line); Center Stage (lower lash line)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara 
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett  

                    Smokey eye's can either be an hour long process, or a five minute blend. I personally choose the five minute blend, and I think many follow in that path as well! Especially for holiday goers who often fancy quick, yet effective makeup looks, this will be to your liking. Alrighty, to begin I defined my freshly groomed brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, in Auburn! I kept things on the thin side, just because I wanted more space for the eyeshadow. Speaking of eyeshadow, here is where things become a whirlwind of buffing! Swirling into Boo Berry by Makeup Geek Cosmetics with a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, I carefully transferred the product onto my lids, and made sure to blend the color up towards my crease, as well as under my lower lash lines. View this dark periwinkle blue as an all over base shade-- no primer is needed, unless you have oily lids, or of course want to use a primer! To add a tremendous amount of defintion, I took Corrupt, a matte black, and really worked the color into the inner v of my eye sockets by using the method of stop and go pigment (add color as you go, start off light), and side to side blends mixed with tiny circular buffs. Just like with Boo Berry, I dragged excess product down towards my lower lash lines! Being I've been facinated by Center Stage foiled eyeshadow for quite some time, I decided to pop it under my lower lash line just to yield a sense of 'royalness' :). IF you want the upper lids to be more reflective, try adding Center Stage on-top of Boo Berry...WET!

                             Simmering down the makeup, I applied Starlight to both my brow bones, and on the tear ducts of my eyes using my pinky finger, then went ahead to defining using liners, and lashes! I highly recommend steering clear of liquid eyeliners, just because they'll take away from the effect smudged liner gives. With that being said, taking off the cap of Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder, I went forth in smudging it across my upper lash lines, as well as on my waterlines! It helps to use your fingers as a smudger, but you can use a pointed blender to do the same thing. When one thinks of smokey eyes, second to smokey eyeliner comes dramatic lashes! For this effect I first coated my natural lashes with Ciate's Wonderland Mascara, then I applied Huda Beauty's Classic Falsies in Scarlett. My philosophy is the more dramatic the lashes, the more smokey, visually, the shadow looks! I hope you cuties enjoyed, stay tuned for further holiday tutorials, XOXO.
SaveSave

A little tutorial for todays makeup! I hope you cuties enjoy, and are having a splendid day😁. (FYI, I know the brow color is a bit off! I am still on the hunt for something closer to my natural shade. Suggestions would help!) Skin: @sheamoisture4u Coconut Oil @anastasiabeverlyhills Ivory Foundation; Caramel Dipbrow; Starlight Glow #abhfoundation #brows #talkthatmakeup Eyes: @makeupgeekcosmetics Boo Berry, Corrupt, Center Stage #makeupgeek #mug @maccosmetics Smolder Eye Kohl #mac #kohl #eyeliner #smokeyeye #blueeyeshadow Lashes: @ciatelondon Wonderland Mascara @shophudabeauty Scarlett Falsies #hudabeautylashes #falsies #lashes Lips: @doseofcolors Truffle #doseofcolors #truffle #liquidlipstick SONG: COUNTING STARS, ONE REPUBLIC; NATIVE #1minutemakeup #makeupclips #beautytutorial #tutorial #paleskin #nomakeup #glamvids #makeuptutorial #video
A video posted by Lillee Jean Trueman (@thaeyeballqueen) on