Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Holiday Series: Sensual Cranberry Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                       Taking you loves by surprise with a random short Instagram tutorial just a few hours ago, here is the blog post! I wasn't sure if I wanted to post the video first, OR the blog post first, but seeing as I really loved my makeup, and as I thought it was PERFECT for the holiday season, things sorta worked out where the video came first. The two main focuses here are the eyes, and the lips! With that being said, do ensure your lips encompass a WINE, or cranberry tone otherwise it'll throw everything off (true reds, in example don't compliment the purplish undertones the eye makeup presents correctly). Hope you cuties enjoy, XOXO!

    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 26 (professionals/myself)
                                        35 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Illuminator, Starlight
Maybelline New York - Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick, Divine Wine

                         I forgot to include this in the short tutorial, but moments before recording, I prepped my skin with Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil! The product was brought across the four main planes of my face with soothing massaging motions, and it was allowed to absorb deep into my pores for around 3 (three) minutes prior to foundation application. Speaking of foundation, I chose Anastasia's Stick Foundation in Ivory simply because it's quick, easy, and gets the job done! Twisting the stick up to about a 3/4 peak, I smudged the given product onto any areas of concern (redness), then taking my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush, I thoroughly blended the foundation out with tiny stipples, and gentle circular motions. In combination with the Shea Moisture Coconut Oil, by this point I had a rather good dew to my skin, but since this is holiday makeup, I amped up my glow JUST A BIT, with a slight dusting of Starlight Illuminator by Anastasia onto the high points of my face with a Mac 132 Brush-- I tried to keep most of the product on the bridge of my nose, and on my cupid's bow to avoid powdery/cakey finishes (oil mixed with powder can emphasize the pores). As far as my lips go, I chose Divine Wine by Maybelline, and I made sure to coat the lipstick up ONCE, since with extreme pressure this can become a dark red! Remember, we want to yield sensual vibes, nothing tooooo dark :). If you desire applying a setting powder, or setting spray be my guest, but I chose to opt out of this step since the ABH Foundation is extremely long-wearing by itself!
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow, Brun (EYEBROWS)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pan, Bitten (crease)
Ciate London - Chloe Morello Beauty Haul (eyeshadow pallet)
 Fierce (lids); Day Dreamer (inner v, lower lash line)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

                         Isn't it hysterical how for the longest time ever I've been searching for a cranberry shadow, yet I had one right before me? Cranberry hues are one of my favorite's to work with, so naturally today just was a cran' typa' day ;). Get your blending brushes out lovies, it's go time! Just after filling in my eyebrows with Brun Eye Shadow by Mac Cosmetics, I transitioned into the eye shadow by heavily swirling into Bitten by Makeup Geek Cosmetics with a Morphe M433 Brush. From there, I applied the color to my crease with fluent side to side blending motions. Be sure to take your time working this baby in, Bitten can be very sheer, or VERY pigmented! To add a bit of definition, I started smoking in Day Dreamer from the Chloe Morello Beauty Haul Pallet from Ciate London by using very slight, yet meaningful circular blends. The trick to making it seem as if you used more shadow then you really did is starting off LIGHT, then building up as you go-- naturally a gradience will form (from darker, to lighter)! Giving my crease one more shot before adding a bit of color to my lids, I heavily blended Day Dreamer into the inner v of my eye socket with EXTREMELY concentrated blends that went from the direct creasing of my eye socket, under towards my lower lash lines. Sanitizing my ring finger, and dampening it in clean water, I smudged into Fierce, a beautiful cranberry color, and firmly patted the shade across my lids starting from the upper half, dragging down towards my upper lash lines-- this method works best for medium pigment foiled shadows that need a bit of help. Excess left on my finger was smudged across my lower lash lines, followed by a smudging of Mac Eye Kohl in Smolder towards my waterlines, and upper lash lines! Try to really work the eye kohl in, this will be the difference between UBER smokey eyes, and just simple cranberry eye makeup. As far as my lashes go, I smudged on a hardy amount of Ciate's Wonderland Mascara, then applied my favorite dramatic false lashes in Scarlett by Huda Beauty to tie things together! Thank you for reading love bunnies, MWAH!!!
SaveSaveSaveSave

First video since my lip incident occured🤧. (For those curious, my whole face blew up from the diamond crusher product. Got a bad infection, hence the scabbed up lip) Song: Breathe Carolina - I Don't Know What I'm Doing Skin: @anastasiabeverlyhills Ivory Foundation; Starlight Glow #abhfoundation #glowyskin #transformation Eyes: @maccosmetics Brun Shadow (brows); Eye Kohl in Smolder #brows #eyekohl #kohl #eyeliner #smokeyeye @makeupgeekcosmetics Bitten (crease) #makeupgeek #eyeshadow @ciatelondon X @chloemorello Beauty Haul Shadow Pallet @shophudabeauty Scarlett Lashes #lashes #falsies #ciate Lips: @maybelline Divine Wine Lipstick #maybelline #lipstick #glam #1minutemakeup #makeupclips #eyes #stylevideo #nomakeup #howto @allmodernmakeup @norvina @brian_champagne @laurag_143 @undiscovered_muas @discover_muas #infection #lip #limecrime #pretty #paleskin #fair #blonde
A video posted by Lillee Jean Trueman (@thaeyeballqueen) on