Saturday, December 3, 2016

Holiday Series: Royal Purple Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                        Naturally, as a strawberry blonde, and blue eyed babe, I aim towards peach, and copper tones. However, being a blogger, I realize not everyone is of eastern/nordic coloring, there is a full spectrum out there! With that being said, today I have a smoldering royal purple smokey eye that would compliment anywhere from green eyes to dark chocolaty brown eyes BEAUTIFULLY come the holidays. Please keep in mind I try to use the LEAST amount of product necessary, so feel free to add on whichever dazzling cosmetic product you'd fancy such as blush, and perhaps even primer! 

                        Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 24 (professionals/myself)
                                        29 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Sephora Collection - Ultra Shine Lip Gel, Natural Look

                              I'm not quite sure what has gotten into me, but lately I've been diggin' the light lippie effect with just a sheer hinting gloss hindering behind! Obviously, this isn't everyones cup of tea since liquid lipsticks are still HOT this season, but giving your lips a break, parallels to giving one's skin a break too. Alright, to kick things off I began by prepping my skin with a VERY sheer coating of Shea Moisture's 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil! About a finger tip sized amount shall do-- be sure that with whichever primer you choose, you evenly disburse the product from the center of your face, out towards the hairline. Moisture is key with treacherously cold weather! To yield a clear complexion, without overdoing it, I spot applied Anastasia's Stick Foundation in Ivory onto any hives, and red splotches, then with my Morphe M439 I gently buffed the creamy foundation in with a series of slight stippling motions, and firm circular blends.  Especially if you're suffering from dry skin this Autumn-Winter season, I suggest playing up on the oil, and toning DOWN on the foundation, this way you can create an oil-slick base that seamlessly blends in any coverage product-- it's easier to mattify, then to slick up. For my lips I glided on a natural toned gloss by Sephora's Sephora Collection brand, and patted just a bit of foundation on the center to create a plumper effect! Between you, me, and the four walls, the gel texture is quite addicting to pucker up with...not sure if this is just my weird fetish, or I share common grounds with other beauties.  OOH, by the way my hat is vintage, which just goes to prove this smokey eye is elegant enough to bare the 30's-50's. 
  Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
ColourPop Cosmetics - Super Shock Eye Shadow, Dare (lids, lower lash line)
Urban Decay Cosmetics - Alice Through The Looking Glass Eyeshadow Pallet: Gone Mad (crease); Time (inner v)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett  

                     I am literally sitting here asking myself WHY I didn't spend more time taking eyeball photos. This angle is just pitiful compared to my other eye makeup shots, but it shall have to do! Weirdly, as dramatic as things seem I wanted to keep my brows bare, and in a way behind the scenes, simply because this leveled out the shimmering ColourPop Eye Shadow, without drawing focus all over the place.  Speaking of that grand ColourPop Eye Shadow (Dare), I actually started off the whole she-bang of eye makeup by applying this directly to my lids via fingertip! Anyone who owns CP shadows know they best apply by hand, or by sponge tip application, there truly is NO in between, but fear not, this gorgeous hue packs a punch in pigment within one swipe. Anyhow, aside from that gibber gabber, I carefully smudged into Dare Super Shock Eye Shadow, then with a firm pressurized push, glided it across my lids, as well as on my lower lash lines with straight, and powerful pulls. To begin adding drama, I switched gears to powdered products, and went with Urban Decay's Alice Through the Looking Glass Pallet, because it has an array of deep purples, and blues! With my Morphe M433 brush, I swirled into Gone Mad eyeshadow from the pallet, and proceeded to blending it into my crease by using tiny circular motions that ultimately disbursed out in fanning motions. From there, I transitioned into Time, a deep navy, and carefully smoked it out with slight concentrated blends aimed towards my inner v! When it comes to darker hues, I suggest working in light layers. Trust me, in the long run, you'll thank your Lilz! If you desire adding a highlight, be my guest, but make no mistake, this is primarily a BASIC smokey eye-- nothing too complex for Eyeballs Queens to handle. 

                   After a while it does become annoying using the same products continuously, but by the same token, those products are ride or die quality, and truly important! Just look at Mac Cosmetics Eye Kohl in Smolder. This baby has been with me through everything, and STILL yields the most dramatic of eyeliner effects. 3 years strong, and still of ample quality...go figure! Since we're on the subject of eye kohl, just after finishing my shadow I went ahead and glided Smolder across my waterlines, and switched to Revlon's ColorStay Liquid Liner for bold lines across both upper lash lines. Lash wise I coated my natural follicles with L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara, then applied Huda Beauty's Scarlett False Lashes! Obviously, you DO NOT have to use such dramatic falsies, but for me these are the bomb.com, and really bring out the best of the eye makeup in full. I hope you cuties enjoyed, please stay tuned for further holiday looks. It wouldn't be possible to do these without your constant support, XOXOX! 
SaveSave