Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Holiday Series: Dramatic Chocolate & Taupe Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                      Who said holiday makeup had to only encompass warm tones? IF the common trend of red lips with golden eye shadow just doesn't faze you, try out this bad boy of a makeup look which features smoldering smokey eyes, with a touch of dark cherry lips ;). I truly hope you cuties enjoy, because I must say this was beyond fun to create for myself, as a ton of blending was done, but the overall style is very freeform, thus things got a bit funky, and creative (you can apply as much as you want is my point). Do be noted most of the products listed below were chosen going of the concept of one wants their makeup to LAST throughout the night, so each item mentioned contains long wearing properties, or is Lillee approved! 

    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 28 (professionals/myself)
                                        34 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Dose Of Colors - Matte Liquid Lipstick, Chocolate Wasted
Jeffree Star Cosmetics - Velour Liquid Lipstick, Unicorn Blood

                          First things first, you cannot sport dramatic makeup WITHOUT an ample priming base! Whether you choose a simple hydrating moisturizer, or a legitimate targeted primer, YA' NEED ONE GIRLY! Why? Even if you wear the bare minimal such as myself, a primer will keep your skin supple, and it will form a well off barrier between your makeup, and skin, thus causing less damage in the long run. I chose my favorite Shea Mosiutre 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil simply because I find the coconut to soothe my dry skin, and I also find the oily texture to yield a beautiful radiance all around town! With all that being said, scooping out a tiny amount of the coconut oil onto my finger tips, I began by rubbing my fingers together to create an oily substance, since coconut oil under cold conditions turns to a hard brick, and from there I softened the product onto my skin starting from the center of my face, massaging out towards my hairline. Personally I prefer a naturally dewy skin effect, so I allowed no time in between primer drying time, and foundation application time, in fact I quickly moved right along! Speaking of foundation, being I had some SPOT redness, I went with Anastasia's Stick Foundation in Ivory, and smudged the stick onto any areas of concern. From there, I pulled out my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer, and with ease stippled the foundation in with bursts of lightly pressurized up and down pats-- by the way, the oil slicked base is a dream to work with, especially for keeping foundation coverage light, and not caked up! Just before moving along to the eye makeup, I glided on Chocolate Wasted by Dose of Colors, with a bit of Unicorn Blood by Jeffree Star Cosmetics center of my lips (you can thank my mommy for this combination suggestion). Try sticking with dark reds, or deep chocolates to keep up the dramatic yet sensaul vibe the eye makeup yields, trust your Lilz!
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow, Brun (EYEBROWS)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics -Eyeshadow Pan(s): Corrupt (inner v, lower lash line); Peach Smoothie (crease)
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Single Eyeshadow Pan, Birkin (lids)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Eyeshadow Pallet, Hot Chocolate (inner v)
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Pallet, Cyprus Umber (inner v)
M433 Morphe BrushMac 219 Pencil Brush
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

                  It's amazing to me how the eye makeup starts off so soft, simple, and delicate, then very quickly packs up to a blackened panda. PLEASE do watch how you blend, and apply each color with cation! I know how annoying it can be to do a whole eye look, then have to start over again due to one mistake. Plus the fact, the annoyance of having to start over is ten times worst due to holiday stress, EEK. Anyhow, to kick things off, I began by filling both my eyebrows in with Brun Eyeshadow by Mac Cosmetics-- just a light fill-in works for me ;)! From there I picked up my Morphe M433 Brush, and swirled straight into Peach Smoothie Eyeshadow by Makeup Geek Cosmetics. Think of this color more as a transitional hue, then anything else! Peach Smoothie was dusted across my crease, and under lower lash lines with fluent side to side buffing motions until the shade fully "disappeared". Beginning that dramatic smokey effect, I tapped into Hot Chocolate from Anastasia's Self-Made Eyeshadow Pallet, and with that same M433 brush, I took the dark brown into my inner v starting from outer thirds of my lids swishing inwards towards the innermost corners of my lids. Continuing this same pattern of blending, I went down a shade, and applied Cyprus Umber closer to the outer third of my lids, but this time around I dusted the shade across my lower lash lines, and dusted the pigment further out towards the tail end of my brows. Before moving any further, I whipped out Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in Black Out, and lined my upper lash lines THICKLY, to only switch to my Mac 219 brush for smudging purposes. Once the liquid liner was applied, I jumped on the wet effect it had, and I smudged the product UPWARDS at a 30 degree angle hitting just below my natural crease line. I then picked up Corrupt Shadow by Makeup Geek to create a super smokey, and dark effect. I highly suggest working in layers, and keeping your fluffy blender in tact this way you can soften the color as you go. The last shadow I added was Birkin by Anastasia-- this color was merely blended onto the free space my lids had to clean up any harsh lines left from Corrupt! Finishing things up, I glided Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder across my waterlines to form a contrast, then I moved forth in dolling up my lashes with Ciate's Wonderland Mascara, and Huda Beauty's Scarlett Falsies. Thanks for reading love bunnies, MWAH :)!

Welll would ya' look at them apples🤡. Everyone does the before and after photos, SO i thought why not do a before and after video that slowly morphs into the makeup! Skin: @anastasiabeverlyhills Ivory Foundation @sheamoisture4u Coconut Oil Eyes: @anastasiabeverlyhills Self-Made Pallet and Modern Renaissance #abhfoundation #earrings #dramaticmakeup @makeupgeekcosmetics Peach Smoothie, Corrupt #makeupgeek #cosmetics #eyeshadow #pose @maccosmetics Smolder Eye Kohl #mac #myartistcommunity @revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner #revlon #liner #smoldering @ciatelondon Wonderland Mascara #ciate #mascara @shophudabeauty Scarlett Falsies #falsies #lashes Lips: @doseofcolors Chocolate Wasted #doseofcolors #paleskin #blonde @jeffreestarcosmetics Unicorn Blood (center) #jeffreestar #unicornblood #glowyskin #glowing #1minutemakeup #makeupclips #powerofmakeup @powerofmakeup @makeuptutorialsx0x @brian_champagne @undiscovered_muas @laurag_143 @maryhadalittleglam @hudabeauty

A video posted by Lillee Jean Trueman (@thaeyeballqueen) on