Tuesday, December 13, 2016

New Years Eve: Dark and Glittery Emerald Green Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                                When you think of New Years Eve, what colors, and makeup styles strike you the most? Perhaps shimmering champagnes, and uber dark smokey eyes? Being I've already presented the unusual to you beauties these past few weeks holiday makeup wise, I've decided to turn things up with a beautiful jewel tone of emerald paired with a BEYOND smokey eye finish-- this will be flattering on almost all skin tones, and can be changed up by simply removing the glitter, changing the green, or even the lip color. I hope you cuties enjoy, and are filled with the merriment of the season :)!

       Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 26.5 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                        37 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  
Becca Cosmetics - Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed, Moonstone
Dose of Colors - Lipgloss, Bellini

                           A good New Years Eve makeup look begins with a priming base! Whether you choose an actual primer, or a simple moisturizer, it's needed my loves. I personally went with my typical Shea Moisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and made sure to adequately spread the oily substance across all the four main planes of my face by using soothing massaging motions! Be sure to NOT miss the hairline, as well as on your actual eyelids-- it'll save you the stress later, and cause you to use less product in the long run. Once my canvas was prepped, I moved along to evening out my complexion with the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation, in 14 Ivory Medium! I haven't used this baby in quite some time, so it was actually fun revisiting old holy grail products. Be that as it may, with exactly one pump of the product placed center of the back of my hand, I swirled into the foundation with a Morphe M439 Brush, and began buffing the peachy tone across my skin starting from my left cheek, working clockwise to my forehead. Light stipples tend to work best for me, but if you have noticable blemishes, feel free to use more concentrated, and pressurized blends! For a soft glow, that is anything but demure, I brushed on Becca's Moonstone, and kept an eye on the exact areas light naturally hits my skin (cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and faintly on my cupid's bow), to ensure a disco-ball finish would not be yielded! Choosing a lip color was actually quite simple, because emerald green works best with peach. Since I DID NOT want a matte lip, rather something in between a gloss, and a stain, I chose Dose of Colors Lipgloss in Bellini! Try scratching the lipcolor to make the golden flecks more noticeable, then reapply to restore the glossy sheen.
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn 
Urban Decay Cosmetics - Alice Through The Looking Glass Eyeshadow Pallet: Hatter (lids, crease, lower lash line)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eye Shadow Pan, Corrupt (inner v, lower lash line);
Violet Voss Cosmetics - Glitter, Gabriella  
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Lashes, Scarlett 

                      First off, I would like to begin the eye makeup portion with an ODE to my brows! Why? Well, after a month of searching for the perfect color...I find out, it was in my presence this whole time. This shall be the LAST time you will view me wearing Anastasia's Auburn dipbrow...expect a certain eyeshadow ;)! Now that we've discussed tha' brows, let get onto the eyeshadow, lot's of blending shall be done, so massage those wrists. Opening up the Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Eyeshadow Pallet, the first shade I see is Hatter, which actually inspired this makeup look! Anyhow, using my Sephora #18 brush, I went ahead and disbursed the shade throughout my crease by using side to side motions, then I dipped back into the vibrant green, and applied it to the inner thirds of my lids, as well as across my lower lash lines. Keep in mind smokey's get VERY messy, so it's best to have a paper towel handy, and the common sense fall out is inevitable. From there, I pulled out Corrupt by Makeup Geek Cosmetics, and truly got creative! Black can sheer out to grey, and can tone up to...well, BLACK. So using that knowledge, I very sheerly fluffed the color into my crease with sharp angled blends following the corners of a square almost, then I dragged excess across my lower lash lines. Just before adding drama, I lined my upper lash lines with Revlon's ColorStay Liquid Liner in Black Out, then with Morphe's M433 brush, I harshly patted the black directly on the angle my winged eyeliner made, and began blending the shade inwards towards the inner v of my eye socket. Blending took a few minutes, as you can tell, because I wanted a balance between a heavy black, and vivid green! A common mistake many make is reapplying their lid shades as they blend-- do this after everything is finished. 


                             Isn't it funny how TWO eyeshadow colors made one bold smokey eye? That just goes to prove a little, always goes a long way. Now, by this point you can either smoke out the waterlines, or you can apply glitter, as I did! Just know, this look once again can be quite sexy without the glitter, too. Wetting my Sephora #18 brush with cleaned bottled water, I patted into Gabriella Glitter by Violet Voss Cosmetics, and proceeded to packing the glitter onto any areas Hatter touched, this included a portion of the lower lash line. Be sure to pack the pigment up until the green is vivid, and VERY glittery. New Years makeup, calls for all the glam :)! To finish things up, I glided Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder across my waterlines, as well as a bit on my lower lash lines, then I smudged on Ciate London's Wonderland Mascara to my natural lashes for an extra smokey boost. I highly recommend choosing a dramatic falsie style, however I do know many drugstores ARE NOT privy to quality lashes, so stack em' up babe! I chose my all time favorite Scarlett Lashes by Huda Beauty. These seem to be the best quality lash I have tried yet, and they're super easy to clean! Happy holidays my loves, I hope you enjoyed this NYE makeup tutorial, and I hope it broadened your ideas for December 31, 2016-January 1st, 2017. Ooh, almost forgot, to the right is a comparison WITH glitter, and added gloss, and WITHOUT glitter, with just one sheer coat of Bellini. 
SaveSave