Saturday, December 10, 2016

Glittering Iridescent Purple Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial

                            Happy Saturday loves! Apologies for not posting these past few days, I have been trying to perfect my new lighting, this way things would go as planned. In leu of the new set up, I have created a GORGEOUS glittering purple cut crease that in my opinion can be done by even the most unskilled of beginners, you just have to find a technique that works for you, if ya' catch my drift! I hope you cuties enjoy, and always know, I LOVE YOU ALL XOXO. 

         Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 28 (professionals/myself)
                                        34 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Natasha Deanna - Face Glow Cream Shimmer, 01 Light
Maybelline New York - Color Sensational Rebel Bloom, Lilac Flush

                             Not sure why my skin is hideously dry, but this could be due to the long break I was on! When I put my mind to something, THAT'S IT. With that being said however, I started off the makeup look with a quarter sized amount of Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and softly massaged it across all zones of my face with a main emphasis on my nose, as well as on my forehead since these are the driest areas I have. From there, I pulled out Anastasia's Stick Foundation in Ivory! Instead of a typically full coating, I SPOT applied it to any areas containing blemishes, OR redness, this makes the blending process easier, because less effort has to be spent on covering a flakey dry patch. Speaking of blending, coconut oil creates a SUPER slicked base, thus all I had to do was rock my Morphe M439 brush across the foundation splotches until the formula fully sunk into my pores! Adding a glow when you have dry skin is iffy, but I went for it anyway. Rather powder, aim for creams dry skinned beauties! Taking Natasha Denona's Face Glow Cream Shimmer, in 01, I carefully rubbed my ring finger across the top of the stick, then proceeded to gently patting the product left on my fingertip to the high points of my face. I tend to keep my highlight pretty simple, just a slash down my nose, and a bit on my cheekbones! As far as the lip color goes I went with Maybelline's Lilac Flush-- anything that is a light lilac shall do, try not to darken the lip color any more then is needed.
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Caramel 
Ciate London - Chloe Morello Beauty Haul (eyeshadow pallet): Be Sassy (crease); Flirt (definition shade, lower lash); Day Dream (definition shade, lower lash)
Urban Decay Cosmetics - Electric Pallet, Urban (pop of color for the crease)
Glitterally Cosmetics - Pressed Glitter, JellyFish
Cover Fx - Total Cover Cream Foundation, G20 (cut crease carving)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Lashes, Sasha 

                   Before you cuties run south due to the extensive list of products, and complexity of the eye makeup, PLEASE stay, and hear me out! I tend to do my cut creases a bit different than others,  and frankly easier, so please, STAY. Alrighty, now that I have tied you all up, shall we continue :)?! To kick things off I began by defining my brows, as well as filling them in with Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade product in Caramel. Despite Auburn being my "go-to" shade, I noticed my new lights make everything a bit HARSHER, thus the red undertones clash with my natural hair color (gold)! Now onto the eyeshadow. Recently I picked up a few new products, one of which being Chloe Morello's Beauty Haul by Ciate London. Since we're on that subject, do expect a HUGE haul come the end of December, it'll be worth your while! Anyhow, popping out the eyeshadow pallet, I first swirled into Be Sassy, and with a Morphe M433 brush I carefully guided the creamy color across my crease with fluent side to side, up and out blends. To keep things vibrant, since I noticed the pallet is very toned down, I switched to Urban Decay's Electric Pallet, and with the shade 'Urban' in tact on my brush bristles, I carefully went ahead and blended it just 1 inch above my natural crease line with again, fluent side to side motions that flick up.  Summing up the cut crease definition line, I mixed Flirt and Day Dream together, only to apply the color not only across my lower lash lines, but towards the very heart of my cut crease line keeping a close watch on how far the shade blends-- definition shades are meant to be seen, but should not be so harsh it looks like any ol' line hanging around. I would like to make it a point the way I blended everything in yielded a VERY messy lid, thus proving you can do a cut crease without stressing eyeliner smudging, and all that silly stuff! Once I had all my eyeshadow set, I picked up Cover Fx's Cream Foundation in G20, any concealer will work, and with a Sephora #18 brush I carefully carved out my lids making sure a sharp crease line was left behind.  Holding onto that brush, I dug into JellyFish glitter by Gitterally Cosmetics, and very firmly dragged it across my lids! This stuff is absolutely incredible guys, I can't believe how how of quality the glitters are for less than $10.00. After glitter application was completed, I lined my upper lash lines with Revlon's ColorStay Liquid Liner, and I glided Mac's Eye Kohl liner in Smolder across my waterlines to form a HIGH contrast between all the purple hues, and my eyes! Lash wise I kept things simple with a few coats of Ciate's Wonderland Mascara, and an application of Huda Beauty's Classic Falsies in Sasha. I suggest keeping the lashes SIMPLE, rather uber dramatic this way you will be able to see all the glitter, and crease definition!
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave