Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Dramatic Iridescent Shimmering Purple Reflects Blue Halo Eye Makeup Tutorial | Lime Crime Diamond Crushers RANT

                           Instagram seems to be the new hot spot for trends, makeup wise! Let's see-- we have gone through the phase of duo-chrome shadows, pure pressed glitter pigments, outrageous pot highlighters, and now it seems with those three becoming mainstream, PRISMATIC, and holographic textured products are the new thing. Call me cliche, but a good rainbowy delight does get my senses tingly ;)! Today I decided to test out my new Lime Crime Diamond Crusher in Choke, which can be used on the cheeks, lips, eyes, BASICALLY ANYWHERE, and boy was I not disappointed. I hope you cuties enjoy...and oh, I meant enjoy the iridescent glam, hehe! Love you all, XOXO, and thank you for your constant support. Do be noted come the new year my OFFICIAL website will be up, no more blogspot! Fear not, all previous blog posts will be dragged over, so there is no need to screenshot everything.

UPDATE: MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2016 -- Product caused a boil on the left side of my lip that was infected. While it is stunning, people with heightened sensitivity should STEER CLEAR.
UPDATE: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2016 -- PRODUCT ACTUALLY caused an infection in my body where I was on Antibiotics ALL week. 

         Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts.

                   To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products).

Time to complete this tutorial: 27 (professionals/myself)
                                        34 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Illuminator, Starlight
Lime Crime - Velvetine Liquid Lipstick, Rave
Lime Crime - Diamond Crushers, Choke

                                 Sometimes when one is in a poor mood, all they need is a lil' shimmah shimmah in their lives ;)! There just is something about being a shimmering goddess EVERY woman loves, am I wrong? Nope, I am not. Anyhow with all that being said, and now getting along to the actual tutorial, I began by prepping my complexion with Shea Moisture's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. A tiny chunk sized amount works best-- once I had softened up the chunk to a thin oil between my fingertips, I proceeded to distributing the silky substance across all the main planes of my face by using soothing massaging motions! Make sure to not miss the hairline, you'll thank me later. Being vibrant colors have a knack for either drawing focus to any redness the skin offers, OR drawing focus away from those problematic areas, I took the liberty of smudging on Anastasia's Stick Foundation in Ivory to ensure I ran into zero problems come photo time! Since my skin was beyond oily from the coconut oil in the previous step, I picked up Morphe's M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush, which features dense bristles, and daintily danced across my face with gentle stippling motions starting from areas that had the most concern to me (redness, scabs, ect.), blending out to a sheerer coverage onto less needed sections. Ohhh the benefits of having dry skin, hehe! For a soft focus glow that wouldn't outshine Lime Crime's Diamond Crusher product, I dusted on Anastasia's Starlight Illuminator across my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose with a DAMP Mac 132 brush. Lately I have really dug the dampened effect, try it when you cuties get a chance! To finish up the face makeup just before going into eyeball territory, I glided on Rave Velvetine by Lime Crime, allowed it to dry for 4 minutes, then coated on Choke Diamond Crusher for a dazzling iridescent sheen. 
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow: Brun (EYEBROWS); Sketch (halo eye shade 2)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pan(s): Carnival (halo eye shade 1);  Drama Queen (halo eye shade 3, lower lash line)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Ciate London - Wonderland Mascara
Huda Beauty - Classic False Lashes, Scarlett 
Lime Crime - Diamond Crushers, Choke

                    I'm not quite sure WHAT it is about the eye makeup look presented above, but it truly holds a spot in my top 3 favorite makeup looks of the year (2016)!  Could it be that iridescent glam? Or the uber smokey blend? HMM. Actually it is because of my brow change! Remember that infamous discussion I held on Tuesday about not liking Auburn by Anastasia for my natural hair color? Well, after going through all my eyeshadows, and tons of test runs, Brun by Mac seems to be a winner. This darkish brown with subtle red undertones is simply stunning, and not somethin' you get out of a dipbrow pot ;)! What do you cuties think, comment below your thoughts. Moving aside from brows, I actually jumped right into the eye makeup by swirling heartily into Carnival by Makeup Geek Cosmetics with a Morphe M433 Brush! I blended the lovely orchid shadow from the direct inner thirds of my lids, rainbowed out towards the exact outer third of my lids-- remember that halo eyes are similar to smokey eyes, just the inner corners yield drama, and the center lids have a stronger contrast. Speaking of contrasts, to begin building up drama, I took Sketch by Mac Cosmetics into my crease following the same pattern used with Carnival, just this time of course, I worked on more concentrated side to side/circular blends. The last color added is Drama Queen, which should be used sparingly since it has intensive pigment! In fact, I changed brushes to a Sephora #18 brush, this way I could be in full control as to where the dark purple blended out to. Be sure to work the shade deeply into the outer third/inner third, and to smoke it across the lower lash line!

                        With halo eyes, comes smokey eyeliner. Wait, did that make sense? Probably not, but oh well. Sharpening up my Mac Cosmetic Eye Kohl in Smolder to a sharp tip, I glided the dark black across my upper lash lines, below my lower lash lines, and on my waterlines! As a quick tip, try flicking out the winged eyeliner starting from the BOTTOM of your lower lash line-- an eye widening effect will form, rather an eye lifting one. Seconds before placing on my falsies I whipped out Lime Crime's Choke, once again, and applied it straight from the applicator onto the center of my lids, and on the tear ducts of my eyes. It helps to pat down the glitter once applied to quicken up the drying process! The finishing touches include a bit of mascara, my choice Ciate's Wonderland Mascara, and a pair of dramatic falsies, I went with Huda Beauty's Scarlett. How was that for a break from holiday tutorials ;)?
SaveSave