Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Sultry Slate Grey With A Pop of Glitter Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                    Wow, it's November already! For some reason the mid-Autumn month has always reminded me of slate grey's paired with fluffy light pink hues. Weird as it might sound, since the majority of beauty's associate this holiday time of year with charming browns, and deep golds, those colors just never quite "did it" for me, when it comes to getting into that holiday spirit! Fear not, however you love bunnies know I trudge through each spectrum on a rotated basis, so do expect a new series debuting next week correlating to Thanksgiving, and the holidays in general.  Hope you cuties enjoy today's tutorial, and most of all, hopefully all of you had a splendid Halloween last night :)!

    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly!  
Time to complete this tutorial: 20 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                   26 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Laura Mercier - Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact, Highlight 1
L'Oreal Paris - Collection PrivĂ©e The Perfect Nudes, Doutzen Nude

                    One thing I forgot to mention to you guys above is this look actually is simple to complete, and encompasses less than 12 products, with a main emphasis on the eye makeup tools! With that being said, getting to the actual makeup, my skin has been on a good strike for quite a few weeks now, so I'd hate to ruin that with heavy cosmetics piled on top! Rather blush, setting powder, and all the above I kept things to t with only primer, foundation, glow powder, and a new L'Oreal lipstick to boot. Yes, to some who enjoy a full glammed out face this could be scary, but hear me out! To begin, I pressed out a pump of my Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Face Primer onto the back of my hand, then with a cleaned ring finger gently dipped into the creamy product, and transferred it in tiny placement dots onto the main 4 (four) planes of my face. From those placement dots, I carefully began massaging the primer in with firm circular blends extending out towards my hairline, and inwards to the center of my face! This primer normally takes around 1-2  (one to two) minutes drying time, which is a godsend since some bases take close to a half an hour sinking time. Once I had a supple base, I smudged on my Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in the shade Ivory onto those exact main planes, then with my freshly cleaned Morphe M439 Brush, I softly buffed the product in with a series of small stippling motions, and firm, yet wide circular blends. The little scab on my forehead still happens to be plaguing me, so I build up coverage on that spot by working in thin layers! Oddly, the product build up didn't cause a sense of cakiness, it simply smoothed out the dry skin scab about to peel off. For a fresh faced glow, I brushed on my Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 1 onto the tops of my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose with a Mac 159! Normally I would add a blush by this point, but I felt the look concept was sultry, thus a bright pink or darkroom plum would take away from that effect. To finish off the face makeup I applied Doutzen Nude Lipstick by L'Oreal Paris onto my lips, and moved straight along to the eye makeup! Setting powder, and setting spray is completely optional, I really wanted my true skin to shine through today, without a heaviness. 

 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
L'Oreal Paris - Matte & Shimmery Gel Eyeshadow, Meet Me In Paris (lids, crease)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pan, Corrupt (inner v, lower lash line)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow(s): Forgery (tear ducts); Pink Venus (inner corners)
Revlon - PhotoReady Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash, Black Brilliance 
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
KoKo Lashes - Bella

                A pop of pink here, a touch of glitter there....PERFECT! Trust me, I know how boring, and annoying it can be to scroll through 50+ looks encompassing the same colors, over, and over again. Plain grey can be beautiful, but why not add a twist with a wash of color, and a peak of dazzle? This, just like the face makeup is not too complicated, in fact I am quite confident in the fact ANYONE of any skill level could complete this look in full. With that being the case, to begin I casually filled both my brows in with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. As you can tell, I kept the fill in very natural, without an obvious definition line visible! This is so we continue that sultry vibe -- any lines too harsh will divert this concept. Moving along to the eyeshadow, I was pleasantly surprised by the pigment L'Oreal's Meet Me In Paris eyeshadow held, although the brand has never disappointed! Heavily swishing into the grey hue with a Morphe E22 brush, I softly blended the gel to powder color onto my lids starting from the inner corners, working my way out into the creasing of both eye sockets. View this color as a wash! For a bit of drama, and to smoke things out further, I applied Corrupt eyeshadow by Makeup Geek Cosmetics directly into the inner v's of both my eyes, dragging down below to my lower lash lines with a defining, and fluffy Morphe M433 brush. To finish up the eyeshadow, I patted Pink Venus onto the inner corners of my eyes with a cleaned ring finger in two light coatings, then I smeared Forgery shadow straight onto my tear ducts with a pinky finger! The pink is almost like a passing vibrance of color peaking out through the grey smoke, try to stick within the range of light pink, to salmon pink. 

                      Glitter is truly a girls best friend...or maybe just Lillee's best friend. AHH! Getting back onto topic, you loves MUST try out Revlon's Photo Ready Eye Art duo's.  One side is a thick cream, the other is a pure glitter! While the product happens to have mixed reviews with some saying the glitter never drys down, and others saying its cheaply made, I've personally found the thinner layers applied the quicker it drys. It's all about trial and error! After fully lining my upper lash line with Revlon's ColorStay Liquid Liner in Black Out, I gently patted the glitter side in Black Brilliance across the exact line ColorStay Liquid Liner originally made. Try to stick with tiny parts, and firm blends, never leave the product clumpy! Speaking of clumps, you shall never see clumpy mascara from this Eyeball Queen. L'Oreal, as you might of guessed, is my all time favorite drugstore brand! From their amazing foundations, to spectacular lipsticks, all products have been well suited for my face with perhaps a few exceptions. One underrated product they produce is the Feline Noir mascara! You loves know I did a review of this a few months back, and I was quite surprised by how many of you did NOT know of this new release. Well get a load of my lashes, because they're plump, AND waterpoof! Despite my natural lashes being beautiful, in the moment, I felt a boost was needed to balance out the glitter eyeliner, so, I applied my KoKo lashes in Bella to both upper lash lines. Hope you loves enjoyed, XOXO, your Lilz!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave