Friday, November 11, 2016

Soft Smokey Rose Makeup Tutorial | L'Oreal Paris

                     Is it possible for rose to become your new bronze? Well, being the color is my absolute favorite for a wide array of complexions, I believe the answer to that question is a crisp YES. Understanding large carriers such as Sephora, and Ulta are housing mainly holiday sets during this time of year, I found way into my local drugstore, and essentially raided the L'Oreal Paris Makeup section...WHOOPS. Aside from Maybelline, and Milani Cosmetics, many of you loves are aware of the fact L'Oreal is my all time favorite drugstore brand! How could it not be with such exceptional quality? Anyhow, I hope you cuties enjoy, please be aware I have a few NON-DRUGSTORE additives such as my falsies coming from Huda Beauty, and my brows being coated in Anastasia.

                    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 
Time to complete this tutorial: 20 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                   28 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

L'Oreal Paris - True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation, W2 Light Ivory
Hourglass Cosmetics - Ambient Lighting Strobe PowderIncandescent Light
L'Oreal Paris Makeup - Colour Riche LipcolorBlushing Berry 590

              Alright cuties, let's get into the full blown details, I promise you this won't take too long, since I ensured this under budget tutorial will be easy enough even beginners could take part! For today I actually skipped adding a priming base, because during the morning hours most of my time is spent washing, and mosistruzing. I suppose you could say the BodhiTreeNaturals Coconut Dry Face Cream acts as a light veil, which is akin to a hydrating priming base! The trick to primer is if you have dry skin, NEVER allow the creamy product to dry in completely because it makes foundation application over dry patches easier, and if you have oily skin, to wait a few minutes until a visible sinking in of product appears. Speaking of foundation, which is the basis of where anyone would start drugstore wise, I went for my go-to L'Oreal Paris True Lumi Cushion Foundation in the shade W2! This product CAN be quite tricky, so I advise you loves to either use the provided powder puff that comes with the product, OR to use a dense blender such as Morphe's M439. With that being said, pushing firmly into the product with my M439 brush, I began transferring the given concentrated pigment onto my skin starting from the bottom left of my chin, working up in tiny stipples to my full cheek area! Stippling, and large circular blends were kept up for until I felt an even complexion was yielded. While I could of spent a few bucks on a glow powder via the drugstore, I felt using what I already has was the smartest of ideas, so using Hourglass's Strobe Powder in Incandescent Light, I gently brushed the multi-dimensional glow across my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose with a Mac 159 brush! For a complimentary lip color, which by the way was complimented all day yesterday, I glided on L'Oreal's Blushing Berry Colour Riche Lipcolor :). Obviously adding a setting powder, and setting spray would benefit you in the long run, but I find L'Oreal products in general to withstand 5+ hours without the added help!
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
L'Oreal Paris - Colour Riche Eyeshadow Quads, Avenue Des Roses: Shade 1 (inner corners); Shade 2 (crease); Shade 3 (lids); Shade 4 (inner v, lower lash line)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 
                 Similarly to the face makeup, I tried to keep everything used L'Oreal, but understand the fact I also am a HUGE proponent of using the products you already have, rather wasting tons of money on one hit uses. With all that being the case, just before applying some beautiful rosy hues, I took the liberty of defining both my eyebrows with Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn! I actually have been searching around of a drugstore shade alternative, but so far no-one has made a color deep enough, yet blonde enough for in-between redheads...OH WELL. Now onto the eyeshadow! After falling in love with the Avant Guarde Azure pallet, I knew another one was needed desperately,  hence where Avenue Des Roses comes in handy. With only one professional blending brush needed, I first swirled into shade 3, and proceeded to promptly applying the color across my lids with side to side blending motions! Since I already was nearby to shade 2, I switched colors (dabbed off excess product onto a cleaned paper towel), and worked the rose like mauve into my crease by stressing concentrated circular blends. This was followed by shade 4, however this deep blackened plum was kept mainly towards my inner v, and lower lash line. I find it simpler to begin blending from the direct outer third of one's lid, then from there drag down excess to the lower lash line in a semi circle around the eye, as opposed to working in two separate steps! The last shade applied was shade 1, which is a beautiful and unique ballet pink. As you might of guessed based on color theory, the shade was taken into the inner corners of my eyes this way a brightening effect was yielded! By now, it's time to add eyeliner, and a bit of mascara to truly pull the final look together. I went for first gliding on Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder to my waterlines, as well as across my upper lash lines, then went ahead and coated my natural lashes with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, and topped those bad boys off with some Huda Beauty Scarlett Falsies! Hope you loves enjoyed, XOXO, your Lilz!