Sunday, November 13, 2016

Pastel Lavender & Pink Glittery Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial

                       Happy Sunday love bunnies! Welcome back to the Eyeball Queens domain...MWAHAHA. For today I have in store a super elegant, and wearable cut crease with of course the additive of GLITTER! Unlike most days, this was inspired directly by my love Pheep, and his concept of wedding makeup, taken from the dress I desire. Obviously speaking NOT every bride would fancy such a color scheme, but then again I'm not the typical bride, haha, hence why I made this a typical tutorial! I hope you cuties enjoy, and for those who're beginners do know if you have patience, recreating this look is possible. 

                    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 
Time to complete this tutorial: 24 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                   30 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Natasha Denona - All Over Glow Face & Body Shimmer, Powder 01 Light
Maybelline New York - Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick, Blushing Bud

               Pastel's have always been a favorite of color scheme of mine! Not sure if it is because they compliment my skin tone so well, or if it is due to me enduring in the usual, but what can I say, I dig the pastes'. A common mistake many face when working with these colors, especially those of deeper skin tones is pairing the face makeup, and lip shades incorrectly! A rule I like to go by just before getting into full deets is if your shadows are icy, choose a light pink that isn't vibrant, and if your shadows are subdue, choose a medium hue of pink - purple that'll bring out the best of all tones used. I personally skip blush, but I do know many women prefer this extra oomph of color to their skin, SO I will say stick within the immaculate pink to icy coral range! Alrighty, that was indeed a mouthful, but now the actual tutorial begins. Starting off with one pump of my Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer sectioned onto the center of my left palm, I nimbly with one finger tapped into the creamy substance, and transferred tiny dots of the product onto the four (4) main planes of my face, those being on my cheeks, on my forehead, and on the center of my chin! Once my palm was cleared of product, I took the liberty of blending in all the dotted primer spots, with a series of tiny circular blends, and soothing massaging motions. Getting the boost of hydration while it's hot (dry skinned beauties will understand this), I quickly smudged on my Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in Ivory onto those exact main planes as mentioned earlier, and with my Morphe M439 blended away to ensure a clear, and smooth complexion was yielded! 

                               For just a slight glow to my skin, that was natural enough to be radiant, and not luminous, I blended my Natasha Denona Face & Body Shimmer powder onto the high points of my face with a Mac 159 Brush. Try layering the powder of your choice directly onto your cheekbones to create a dimensional effect, this will cancel out a need to add blusher and all things that follow! Also, keep in mind the glow shade you choose will effect the pastels drastically. For example, a bronze will tear down the sweet and cool toned effect, however the usage of a skin toned powder with slight pink reflects will enhance the cool toned side! As a finishing touch, the lips were kept supple with a light coating of Blushing Bud lipstick by Maybelline New York. Again, choose something that compliments YOUR skin tone! I happen to have purely neutral undertones, so an array of colors work for me, but Blushing Bud, in example, looks off on my mother who has warmer tones. Use my methods as a guide, and as a reference point, but know makeup is trial and error!
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Makeup Geek Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pan(s): Blacklight (inner third of lid, lower lash line); Nostalgic (outer third of lid); Day Dreamer (center lid, lower lash line)
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Milk
Wet N' Wild Beauty - Confetti Glitter, Pink Sugar 
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
KoKo Lashes - Marilyn

                 Yanno, I just realized in all the few years I've been doing makeup lavender is not exactly a shade I've endured, but yet again many of the shadows used are fairly new! With that being said, after thoroughly combing through, and filling in my brows with Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade, I kicked off the eye makeup by applying Backlight duo-chrome shadow by Makeup Geek Cosmetics, across the inner thirds of my lids with a freshly washed Mac 239 Eye Shader Brush. Based on the way I constructed the arch of my cut crease, there is slim chances of messing up, my loves! Right after Backlight was applied, I smudged excess across my lower lash line, then dipped into Day Dreamer, a light lilac by the same company, and applied it center of my lids as use of a transitional shade, this was followed by Nostalgic, the sweet pink you all shall see towards the outer third of my lids. Getting back to the idea of a simple cut crease arch, there is no need for cleanup, since the only thing one should have to do is line an inch above their natural crease line with a thick white, I chose Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil paired with a Tarte Etch & Sketch liner brush. One tip I shall give you loves is to flow with whatever motion you begin with! It's easier to clean up a line that started, and finished in a smooth line, than a line that was staggered from tiny strokes! The same concept of straight flowing lines should continue when glitter is added. Personally, Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil is sticky enough for my glitter to stay, but if needed feel free to add a bit of glitter glue! Aim for light pinks such as Wet N' Wild's Pink Sugar, because it'll compliment the pastel tones BEST. Also, be sure to drag down excess product onto the inner third of your lids, it'll create a super Barbie like effect. To finish up, I softly lined my waterlines with Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder, then I proceeded onto lining my upper lash lines with firm wings (Tarte's Etch & Sketch assisted on getting a sharp line), extended out parallel to the cut crease lines! For the lashes I as always coated my natural set with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, then applied my long lost favorites, KoKo's Marilyn. It truly is a shame that I lost these for quite some time, because they're in the best of conditions compared to my other falsies.