Thursday, November 17, 2016

Matte Medium Taupe Brown Smokey Eye W/ Fall Lip Makeup Tutorial | Too Faced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Pallet

                    Bonjour love bunnies! Although I posted a tutorial several hours ago, I really fell in love with my makeup this morning, and felt the need to share it with you all simply because it is easy to complete, and a classic for the Fall season (dark lips).  Bare with me, and stay tuned for the Instagram walk through tutorial! By the way, you cuties can expect a huge flow of 1 minute videos via Instagram, since they're a favorite I've noticed amongst you all. Anyhow, let's get to the tutorial, I hope you enjoy, XOXO, your Lilz!

              Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 

Time to complete this tutorial: 16 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                 20 (beginners/ intermediate)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Contour Kit Refill, 10K (glow)
Nyx Cosmetics- Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick, Vintage 
Marc Jacobs Beauty - Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick, Je T'Aime 

               The secret to makeup that glows from within is not only having skin naturally radiant, but having a good base that adheres to your skin needs! While most bloggers will tell you their favorite base, and how overly popularized it is, I would like to make it a point that you could have the best base in the world with 5 star reviews, but if it doesn't comply to your needs, those 5 stars mean nothin'. With that being said, using a hidden cult favorite, Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base, I dipped a cleaned ring finger into the product, and softly dotted tiny amounts onto each main zone of my face. From there, I began moisturizing the primer in with a series of tiny circular blends, and side sweeps -- be sure to NOT neglect the hairline, nor under the jawline, these are often forgotten areas that could lead to patchy wear time! Speaking of patchy wear time, the exact opposite of this very factor some women struggle with on a daily basis is using a gel foundation. In my findings, gel binds all oils the skin exudes together, thus making it stay in place a bit longer, and it also allows one to visibly see where they're blending the given shade as gel's are thicker compared to liquids! With all that being said, squeezing out one and a half pumps of the Marc Jacobs Beauty Genius Gel Foundation onto my Tarte Airbuki Foundation Brush, I proceeded to softly buffing in the product onto my skin with slight stippling motions, and firm circular blends. I find using my Airbuki the best method for quick on the go makeup looks during the morning hours :)!


                   Okay, I probably forgot to tell you cuties, but lately I've been girl crushing on 10K glow powder by Anastasia Beverly Hills! It comes with their Contour Kit Refill collection, or the medium-tan contour kit. It's absolutely PERFECT for those with neutral complexions because 10K is a sheer gold, thus it adds an extra oomph to a variety of skin tones! Anyhow, the powder was dusted across the high points of my face, with a main emphasis on my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose.  A quick tip for those who also dig to the point makeup looks, and desire a brightened finish, is to stick to strobing methods, you really don't need all that banana colored powder! For the lips, I mixed my Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in Je T'Aime, with Nyx's Vintage Suede Cream Lipstick. I'm all for high contrasting lip colors with wine tones during the Fall months, and I have a feeling many of you are, too...WINK!

  Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Too Faced Cosmetics - Natural Eyes Matte Eyeshadow Pallet: Cashmere Bunny (all over lid); Strapless + Risqué (crease, lower lash line)
Urban Decay Cosmetics - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, Demolition
Mac Cosmetics -  Zoom Lash, Beets Me
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett  

                    When I first purchased the Too Faced Natural Eyes Matte Eyeshadow Pallet, I thought it would be used in ALL my looks, but then I realized this beauty is unique, and stands on it's own, which is quite odd since the pallet is a bunch of matte neutrals! To begin, as always, I defined both my brows with Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn.  I went for a softer fill in as opposed to my less natural arches just because I felt it went along with the soft smokey eye! The quickest way to finish up a smokey eye, especially in the morning hours is to choose three similar shades, and to swish them as wash of colors across the lids completely. For me, I started off with Cashmere Bunny, a medium taupe brown, and dusted the color across my lids, as well as under my lower lash lines with a Morphe M433 brush! Multi-purpose blenders will be of much usage to many of you beauties, since flat yet fluffy brushes can double as crease blenders, too. Being we're on the topic of creases, for just a bit of definition, I mixed Strapless and Risque together, and proceeded to firmly buffing the color mixture into my crease with a series of tiny side to side window-shield wiper motions. Excess product was dragged across my lower lash line with a huge emphasis on the outer third having a darker gradience! For lining purposes, I glided a freshly sharpened Demolition eyeliner pencil by Urban Decay Cosmetics across my upper lash lines in winged styles, and on my waterlines for a smoldering effect. I highly suggest starting off with the wing portion FIRST, since dull liner's can be a pain in the butt for forming sharp lines! Alright, burgundy mascara is NOT on everyone's "MUST BUY" list, but I must say against my eye coloring this softer tone really makes a popping difference. With that being said, pulling out my Mac Zoom Lash product in Beets Me, I diligently coated my upper, and lower lashes with numerous wiggles, then applied Huda Beauty's Classic Falsies in Scarlett, since they define my eye shape BEST. Clearly, you could ditch the falsies, or apply a more natural option, but keep in mind this is FALL GLAM sister's! 

Ooo thank you primer for making it seem like my nails are frenched up😂! As per request by one of you lovely ladies, I shall start recording MORE Instagram tutorials compliant with my blog posts. They're pretty fun to do anyway! (21 Pilots, Heathens-- anyone else LOVE Suicide Squad?!) @bobbibrown Vitamin Enriched Face Base @marcjacobsbeauty Genius Gel Foundation, 14; Je T'Aime lipstick @anastasiabeverlyhills 10K; Auburn Dipbrow @toofaced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Pallet @nyxcosmetics Suede Lipstick in Vintage @urbandecaycosmetics Demolition liner @hudabeauty Scarlett Falsies #hair #curly #hudabeautylashes #pose #blendthatshit #blogger #makeup #mootd #glam #nyxcosmetics #violetvoss #glitter #smokeyeye #redlips #marcjacobsbeauty #highlight #glow #gold #lashes #toofaced #katvond #mannymua #pretty #norvina

A video posted by Lillee Jean Trueman (@thaeyeballqueen) on