Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Holiday Series: Warm Toned Spicy Orange Smokey Eye Thanksgiving Makeup Tutorial

                       Isn't it bizarre how I spend most of my days stressing bronze eye makeup looks, yet pass on the one color scheme besides pink that looks best on me, orange? Breaking this trend of habits, for tomorrow, Thanksgiving, I have in store a beautiful, and simple to complete, makeup tutorial that truly focuses on an array of warm tones. I would like to warn you loves for the face makeup you WILL have to develop your own list, just because I used my foundation to coat over blemishes, otherwise I actually went makeup free on the terms of my skin being free of heavy product. I hope you loves enjoy, and I hope Friendsgiving, as well as Thanksgiving goes swell on your parts, XOXO, your Lilz!

             Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 

Time to complete this tutorial: 17.5 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                        20 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Hourglass Cosmetics - Ambient Lighting Strobe PowderIncandescent Light
Lime Crime - Velvetine Matte Lipstick, Saint

                   Ahh, it's so freaky how the first end of my Holiday series has begun as of today! As you loves know, I have tried keeping the series monotone, and basic in the terms that everyone celebrates things differently. Time flies...time flies! I actually was in a rush this morning, so that just goes to prove if you need a last minute Thanksgiving tutorial, Lilz has ya' covered. To kick things off, I applied one pump of my Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer onto my skin starting from the center of my face, massaging out towards my hairline for optimal wind, and cold protection! This bad boy is my absolute favorite, because it truly preps the skin, and hydrates without leaving traces of oil. I have a few scabs from previous hormonal breakouts, so smudging the Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation STRAIGHT onto my ring finger tip, I transferred the product onto the given blemishes, and softly patted the foundation in until a natural veil of disappearance showed. I personally can NEVER leave the house without a touch of glow, so I dusted on Hourglass's Ambient Lighting Powder in Incandescent Light onto the high points of my face with a Mac 159 brush! It's best to keep your hand light, if you're going along with how I did my makeup today, because as light as a powder can be, too much against a bare face, essentially, can look frosty. For my lips I glided on a subdue reddish rose (Lime Crime Velvetine in Saint), this way the color would contrast the orange tones on my eyes without being too stark of a undertone change.
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Morphe Brushes - Individual Eyeshadow Pan, Spice (all over color)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pan, Cocoa Bear (lower lash, crease)
Sugarpill Cosmetics - Loose Eyeshadow, Penelope (inner corners)
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett  

                 Having my brows fully thick again is truly a godsend! For a while, after a terrible brow mistake on my part, they were rather sparse, and uneven. Thankfully, no pun intended, they grew back within a few weeks, WHEW! To show off my newly full brows, I defined, and carved em' out with Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn! It's always best to groom your brows, and define them especially with vibrant smokey eyes, since all attention will be center of your face. Now onto the shadow we gooooooo! The first shade up is Spice, by Morphe Brushes. Spice was dusted across my lids, up into my crease, and down to my lower lash line with a Morphe M433 brush. Think of this as a wash of color, prepping the eyes for a load of depth to come! Speaking of depth, switching shadows to Cocoa Bear, by Makeup Geek Cosmetics, which is conveniently placed right next to Spice in my custom Z-Pallet, I swirled the color into my crease with side to side, and tiny circular blends, to only bring excess down towards my lower lash line. From there, I checked to see if all was blended perfectly, and then started working on my eyeliner by gliding Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder straight across my waterlines, and Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in Black Out across my upper lash lines with classic bold wings. Personally, I find applying eyeliner BEFORE adding pigments, and glitter best, just because it gives you an idea of how much product you'll actually need. To begin finishing up, I dipped my finger into Penelope Loose Eyeshadow by Sugarpill, and placed the deep copper onto the inner thirds of my lids, followed by the inner corners with gentle pats! I'd advise you loves on tilting your head BACK as you apply this pigment, because BOY does it blend out. The last two steps include dolling up my natural lashes with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, and applying my favorite Huda Beauty Scarlett Falsies. Try to stick within the range of SUPER dramatic lashes, and medium volume density, it'll make the copper pigment REALLY pop! Hope you cuties enjoyed, and can try out this tutorial with ease. Love you all!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave