Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Holiday Series: Shimmering Warm Toned Sunset Inspired Soft Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial

                          First off, you loves do know that holiday makeup doesn't necessarily need to be brown, or shades of gold...right? IF not, let me enlighten you with a shimmering sunset inspired cut crease makeup look that is light enough even beginners could take it on, yet holiday spirited enough your intent will shine through. I hope you love bunnies enjoy, Kisses, XOXO.

                             Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. To not include imagery of FALSE advertisement my skin type is dry/senstive, and any redness, or scabs happen to be hives from sadly...my nerves. With that being said, product recommendations, and your ability to relate might fluctuation, so feel free to ALWAYS ask me questions, this way you don't end up spending money on the wrong items (for example, I use coconut oil as a base to sooth my hives, but for others this can be too oily, and NOT affective in curing one's acne, in which I don't have. Hives come, and go, and can sometimes last only 3 hours, so again, always ask before actually investing in products). 

Time to complete this tutorial: 26 (professionals/myself)
                                        34 (beginners/ intermediate)

Make Up For Ever - Ultra HD Foundation, 117=Y223
Bobbi Brown - Shimmer Brick, Pink Quartz
Gerard Cosmetics - Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick, Everything Nice

                  The other night I asked myself, "what ingredient is in ALL of my priming products, and moisturization products that yields the most beautiful complexion across my dry skin?" Long behold, it was coconut oil, and coconut extracts. Taking things into my own hands, and truly NOT wanting to spend another penny over $20.00, I invested in a large jar of Shea Moisture's 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil! Not only is this the most versatile product I believe I've ever laid my hands on, but it doesn't break the bank, and creates a relaxing aroma therapy environment with tropical scents through each application. People who've tried primers with synthetic smells, know the importance of this! Anyhow, with just a tiny amount of the coconut oil on the tips of my fingers, I went ahead and gently massaged the silky substance across all zones of my face using circular blends. Keep in mind coconut oil has a tendency to sink in the pores QUICKLY, without clogging them of course, so waiting time is not necessary when moving on to the next step! Speaking of the next step, I pulled out my most coveted foundation, Make Up For Ever's Ulta HD in 117, that sadly hasn't seen the light or day in quite some time due to my ever-changing storage, and with exactly one tiny pump placed onto the back of my hand, I picked up a Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer, and concentrated the pigments onto any scabs, and or redness-- stipples are the most optimal of movements. As far as my glow goes, I VERY cautiously swept on Pink Quartz by Bobbi Brown onto my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose with an E.L.F. Concealer Brush! If you have been matched to 4y01, or 3Y02 VIA Sephora, please do not take "CAUTIOUSLY" lightly...no pun intended. This product packs a punch in pigment, and can be a bit too dark for lighter skin tones! To sum up the look I glided on Everything Nice by Gerard Cosmetics, and touched up any imperfections with excess hardened foundation left on the back of my hand (hard foundation that remains creamy CAN act as a heavy concealer).
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Eyeshadow Pallet: Sherbert (crease transitional color); Hot Chocolate (cut crease definition shade); Blossom (center lid); Butter (inner third); Deep Purple (outer third, and lower lash line); Pink Champagne (inner corners)
Morphe Brushes - Cream Eyeshadow, Wino
Cover Fx - Total Cover Cream Foundation, G20 (cut crease carving)
KISS - Looks So Natural Lash, Pretty

                       Have you ever had that one eyeshadow pallet you kept handy, yet never used, and overtime forgot how amazing it truly is? Well, I sorta' did that to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Eyeshadow Pallet, and treated it as a stepchild unbeknownst to me, it is extremely versatile. Keeping in mind this pallet was a limited edition, a good dupe is the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon's Pallet, and or purchasing the shadows outright since you can buy them in single pans straight from Anastasiabeverlyhills.com! I typically DO NOT begin paragraphs with the shadow, but it is important to me you loves are aware of certain factors that could ultimately effect how you end up replicating the eye makeup pictured above. ANYHOW, to begin I defined my brows with Anastasia's Auburn dipbrow, making sure a perfectly carved, and sculpted brow was yielded by using light handed brush strokes! I then quickly transitioned into applying shadow, by pulling out the so spoken about Self-Made Pallet. Sherbert, a beautiful warm toned peach was dusted throughout my crease with a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender just as a guide, and also a bit as a transitional hue. Since this IS NOT a smokey eye, try flicking your brush up and out towards the natural tail end of your brow, it will make clean up easier! To add a bit of definition, I very carefully dipped into Hot Chocolate with a Sephora #18 brush, and rocked the shade slightly under Sherbert, until a fully blended, and defining appearance was achieved. Don't be afraid to build up pigment as you go, I find with softer tones, this method works the best! Now that the crease is sealed you can either go back to blend this out a bit better with a tapered brush, or you can do as I did and carve out the cut crease line. Personally, I like using Cover Fx's Cream Foundation product, but any concealer works just as well! With that being said, using a standard concealer brush, and an ample amount of product on the bristles, I carefully pulled the foundation from the inner corners of my eyes, out towards my hairline in one straight swoop. Please be noted perfection is NOT needed, because if you mess up, creams can be manipulated in the ways of using shadow to cover up the mistake, and starting over again! Switching back to that #18 brush, I began filling in the empty space with Butter shadow on the inner thirds of my lids, Blossom towards the center of my lids, and Deep Purple VERY LIGHTLY brushed across the outer third of my lids, and on my lower lash lines! Try playing around with hues, and highlights by mixing your concealer with Deep Purple, I achieved a lighter color by doing so, and I found it looked prettier on my lower lash line this way. 

                        Now that the shadow is out of our way, it's time to work on liner, lashes, and all things...fluffy? Perhaps that term would of been better suited for when the falsies came into play. OH WELL! Starting off with eyeliner, I brushed Morphe Brushes Wino Cream Eyeshadow across my upper lash lines, and on my waterlines with an ABH #12 brush. Any vivid purple shall do, and never be fooled by the term cream eyeshadow-- this product packs a punch, it's truly a shame they stopped producing the brighter colors! A good alternative is Violet Ink by Bobbi Brown despite it not being as vivid in tone, and as purple. As far as my lashes go, I coated my natural beauties with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, then applied Kiss's Looks So Natural Lash style in Pretty. Despite my choices for falsies always being dramatic, a nice tapered style works wonderfully for times you want to yield softer notes for the full look! Especially with this being a holiday look, try toning things accordingly, and don't be extra, just to be extra ;) (I totally do that sometimes, hehe). 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

A short tutorial for you cuties! Song is @starleymusic Call On Me Raffa Remix. (peep my cereal in the background 😂) Skin: Base is Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil!@makeupforeverofficial Ultra Hd Foundation, 117=y225 #mufe #foundation @bobbibrown Pink Quartz glow (used sparingly--forgot how pigmented this bad boy is) #bobbibrown #glow Shadow: @anastasiabeverlyhills Self Made Pallet (Butter, Blossom, Hot Chocolate, Pink Champagne, Sherbert, Deep Purple) #brows Liner/Lashes: @morphebrushes Wino cream shadow (any purple will do, even lipsticks work) #morphe #lipstick @kissproducts "Pretty" Lashes #kiss #lashes Lips: @gerardcosmetics Everything Nice #gerardcosmetics #gclove #sheamoisture #blending #blueeyes #music #paleskin #primer #tutorial #fun #video #1minutemakeup #makeupclips #glam #makeupvideo #fashion #glamvids #mannymua #jeffreestar #fakeupfix #amrezy

A video posted by Lillee Jean Trueman (@thaeyeballqueen) on