Friday, November 18, 2016

Holiday Series: Peachy Coffee Toned Thanksgiving Glam Makeup Tutorial

                  With all these holiday inspired makeup tutorials I've been posting, is it possible I forgot the biggest get together holiday of all...Thanksgiving?! It's truly hard for me to believe that this seasonal event takes place in just a few days, but c'est la vie, your Lilz is prepared with an uber glam, and family approved peach toned coffee colored smokey eye, that is OF COURSE riddled with beautiful glitter! Realizing Thanksgiving can sometimes be just as impressionable as Christmas itself, I decided working with softer tones would be more approving, and elegant as opposed to bright pops of color. I hope you love bunnies enjoy, XOXO! 

                 Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 

Time to complete this tutorial: 20 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                        32 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Laura Mercier - Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact, Highlight 1
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Liquid LipstickPure Hollywood

               The good part about this Thanksgiving tutorial is if perhaps you're cooking food all day, the face makeup shall carry through! How? Well, let's just say I let my primer sit for a total of 2 hours, then picked back up on my makeup, 2 hours later. With that being said, you can walk around half naked, with only your eyes done, or face done, and still look fabulous when the family comes over in future timing. Since the primer, my Marc Jacobs Beauty Coconut Face Primer had more than enough time to sink deep into my pores, and truly prep my skin, I went ahead to the foundation step! Really, this could be called a concealer step, because I spot smudged the Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation product across reddened areas, and any areas containing scabs that were once blemishes. Obviously speaking, this method will not be beneficial to most as I was diligent, and cautious on how I blended in the foundation, but it can be beneficial to those with generally good skin! One tip I suggest is pouring out ONE PUMP of your primer of choice onto a dense buffer such as Morphe's M439, then taking it across those problematic areas with firm stippling motions-- it'll ease a variety of formulas into your skin BETTER than without this additive, think of this as melted foundation that truly does it's job, COVERING, without the dreaded cake.  When I think of Thanksgiving, I reminisce in the memories of candlelit dinners, and a huge roasted turkey radiant from the candle light! To capture this glow, although NO I am not comparing myself to a turkey, I opened up Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance Powder, in Highlight 1, and brushed it across the two main high points of my face, those being on the tops of my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose with an Elf Concealer Brush for precision.  Try sticking within the range of fine shimmered glows, that truly look natural! Glitter bombs will be VERY visible under candlelight, and poor lit kitchens...trust me. As far as my lippies go, I kept them simple, and effective with a long wearing liquid lipstick by Anastasia in the shade Pure Hollywood! This product will only be useful up until oils hit ya' lips. Feel free to wear a daring red, or darker shade of nude!
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Morphe Brushes - Cream Eyeshadow, Slick 
Too Faced Cosmetics - Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Pallet: Truffled (all over lid, and crease); Puddin' (all over lid, and lower lash line); Hot Fudge (all over lid, inner c, and lower lash line)
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Waterproof Creme Colors, Sable (waterline)
Revlon - PhotoReady Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash, Peach Prism (inner corners)
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett  

                 Understanding the works of loose glitter, tons of single shadows, and random blending methods can be frustrating, especially with this holiday season, I felt keeping things concise, yet beautiful would be in everyones best interest! With that being the case, just after filling in my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn, and prepping my lids with Morphe's Slick cream shadow, I went right ahead to whipping out my Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Pallet. This is a cult favorite, so I figured many beauties out there would have purchased it by now! Anyhow, to being I first swirled into Truffled shadow, and with my handy M433 brush I gently dusted the deep hue across my lids with side to side motions, and from there carried the color up into my crease with casual blends. To add a  cooler, yet darker tone to my lids I switched into Puddin', and brushed it across my eyelids, down onto my lower lash line, and back up into my crease-- I call this the outer c blend. The last color added is Hot Fudge, the darkest shade yet! Just like Truffled, and Puddin', Hot Fudge was brought directly onto my lids, and straight into the inner c of my eye socket with light pressurized circular blends. Excess was taken across my lower lash line for added dimension!

                Gosh, I really wish Revlon would make more PhotoReady Eye Art duo's. These little guys are SO effective, and long wearing it's not even funny! The only downside I can think of is you must wait around 10 minutes for the glitter to dry, but this isn't much of an issue for me. Twirling open Peach Prism, I first applied the cream shadow side to the inner corners of my eyes, yes that also includes the inner third of one's lower lash line, and from there gently blended the product in with my ring finger using slight dabbing motions. Once I was unable to tug any further (the cream shadow dries quickly), I went ahead, and began packing on the glitter side with firm pats. Continue the packing until you as the user are satisfied with the amount of shimmer! During this process, which includes allowing the glitter to set in, I went ahead and began working on my waterline by smudging Sable by ABH across with a Morphe R44 brush. From there, I switched forces back above, and lined my upper lash lines with Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in Black Out! Originally I wanted to blend sable onto my upper lash, but the color wasn't deep enough. Ooh, by the way this is optional, but I went back into Peach Prism, and with the glitter side detailed the outer part of my wing, it added a cute yet classy touch. For the lashes I chose my favorite pairing, a combination of L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, and Huda Beauty's Scarlett Falsies! Any type of false lash you choose will compliment the eye makeup wonderfully, for those curious :).


A video posted by Lillee Jean Trueman (@thaeyeballqueen) on