Friday, November 25, 2016

Holiday Series: Glittery Winter Citrus Wreath With Mistletoe Detail Makeup Tutorial

                          Bonjour love bunnies! I hope all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful night, and a fanciful feast. Since I have been EXTREMELY inspired these past few days, I decided what better makeup look to do than one that screams the HOLIDAYS the most? Despite wreaths, and mistletoes being correlated directly to Christmas, they can interchange with other holidays to be a festivity shared with the American culture. Please know tiny detailing work is NOT a walk in the park, and will take some time, so always be prepped to have a messy workspace towards the end! Ooh, last thing you cuties should know is I am working on the YouTube upload, so expect the live tutorial soon. 

         Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 

Time to complete this tutorial: 25 (Eyes = 18 Minutes ) (professionals/myself)
                                        20 (beginners/ intermediate)

L'Oreal Paris - True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation, W2 Light Ivory
Nars Cosmetics - Liquid Illuminator, Copacabana 
ColourPop Cosmetics - Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick, Dohee

                 Having uber sensitive skin is always a struggle. Breakouts? Girl, DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE, unless you'd like it to burn. Irritated skin? Try skin that feels as if it was dipped in lava. Sadly this is what I experience on a daily basis, and for some reason today my skin was HIGHLY irritable, so I chose a mixture of face products that would yield the MOST hydrating effects, without tugging my skin too much! With that being said, for a primer I chose the Marc Jacobs Beauty Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer, and with just a pump center of my palm, I went ahead and gradually plopped a tiny amount onto each main plane of my face, then proceeded to blending the creamy substance in with soothing massaging motions. A big mistake many beauties make is choosing low coverage foundations, when they have tiny blemishes that either scabbed over, or are fresh! This will only cause you, as the artist to form layers, which irritates the skin more. To avoid this, I chose the L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in the shade W2. Despite popular belief, this product has amazing medium to full coveraged benefits, AND hydrates the skin beautifully. Taking a Morphe M439 Brush, which has dense, yet soft bristles, I carefully bounced the brush bristles into the spongy foundation compartment, then I went ahead and transferred whatever clinged to my M439 onto my skin with a series of VERY light pressurized stippling motions. While I normally use powder glow wise, I felt using a liquid would be best today since liquid's have more forgiving coverage, and tend to be lighter on the skin! Squeezing out just a pea-sized amount of my Nars Liquid Illuminator in Copacabana onto the back of my hand, I carefully dipped E.L.F.'s Concealer Brush right into the product, then began disbursing it across the high points of my face with an emphasis on my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose! Just as a "Lillee tip" try blending the product onto the SIDES of the tip of your nose, precisely where the light hits. It'll look grand on camera, and in person, trust me! As far as the lipstick goes, I applied Dohee by ColourPop Cosmetics. I felt the vibrant, yet merry orange would fit the citrus wreath concept well!
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
ColourPop Cosmetics - Creme Gel Liners: Teaspoon (all over color); Maybe (highlight shade)
Stila Cosmetics - Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner, Jade (definition, lower lash line)
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Liquid LipstickAmerican Doll (red berries)
ColourPop Cosmetics - Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick, Dohee (oranges)
Violet Voss - Glitter, Rose ; CopperellaGabriella
Revlon - PhotoReady Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash, Black Brilliance 
KoKo Lashes, Goddess

                       In a nutshell, the eye makeup consist of a series of eyeliner pencils, and liquid lipstick hues. Albeit, in my opinion being easier to complete by liquid, this STILL will come out amazing via powder, just ensure you dampened the shadows beforehand to create a vivid outcome! Alrighty, before adding that pretty little mistletoe detail, I actually worked on the winter citrus wreath first. Doing it this way will be EASIER, and much more effective in the long run! With all that being said, to begin I defined both my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade product, then smudged Teaspoon Gel Liner by ColourPop straight across both upper lash lines, without any need to be neat, this was done to just get color on. From there, I began adding tiny details, starting with the leaves! This truly is a simple step, all one needs to do is grab a shade lighter than the base, I went with Maybe by the same brand, and then with a pointed eyeliner brush such as Tarte's Etch & Sketch draw tiny lines stemming up above the upper lash line, and draw the largest stem of all branching out towards the brows (for the smudge I avoided creating winged eyeliner, hence why I created it NOW). To add a bit of definition, I stooped down to the darkest green I had handy, Jade by Stila Cosmetics! Jade was not only taken across the leaf details, it was also HEAVILY smudged across my lower lash line, and waterlines. 

                 A Citrus Wreath has both berries, and oranges, so be sure to not neglect either! Being I already had Dohee out from applying it to my lips steps ago, I found it easier to just go along with the flow of things, rather find a true orange shade. Picking up a supple amount of product from the applicator stick, I carefully mapped out tiny circles across the wreath eyeliner design, until I felt changing colors was necessary! The changing colors should only come part when you're ready to add berry details. Here, I went with a true blue red, and popped American Doll Liquid Lipstick by Anastasia Beverly Hills onto empty spots with very slight pricking motions that formed clusters of 3 (these berries are notorious for forming in packs, not alone). Be sure to keep American Doll out, because here is where things get a bit weird! At first, I thought creating citrus wreath eyeballs would be enough, but for me it simply wasn't, so I went the extra step of forming a mistletoe detail on the outer corners of my eyes. I actually already had a guide since the winged eyeliner gave me an idea of how far out, and how big I wanted my leaves. Taking Teaspoon out once again, I curved the winged eyeliner inwards, connected it to the EXACT outer corner of my eye, then drew another hump leaning towards the outer third of my lower lash line, and connected it to the near center of my lower lash line. Be sure when filling in you take into account there will be a usage for highlighting. Especially with Maybe being SO CLOSE to Teaspoon in color, try leaving the center stem bare. Speaking of the center stem, I went ahead, and detailed the leaves slightly, without taking too much time on this, because I intended on glittering up the entire thing! Just a few seconds before adding texture, I whipped out Revlon's PhotoReady Eye Art Duo in Black Brilliance, and first lined my upper lash line with the cream shadow, then with the glitter side dipped into each glitter (Rose, Copperella, and Gabriella by Violet Voss), and applied it to the accompanying color scheme it fit! Remember, the eyes shouldn't be piled in glitter, they should be ENHANCED by the glitter! To finish up I coated my natural lashes with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, then plopped on KoKo's Goddess Lashes. I haven't used these bad boys in a while, WHEW!

Gimmmee gimmee moooaahhh. Contrary, please don't😂. Here is a sneak peak tutorial to my mistletoeish wreathey makeup look! I thought it would be best doing a tuto, just because a few of you asked for recordings of other holiday looks I've done in the past. Hope you cuties enjoy, the full video will be up tonight on YouTube! Song: Britney Spears, Gimme More Skin: @marcbeauty Coconut Primer @lorealmakeup Lumi Cushion Foundation, W2 @narsissist Copacabana Liquid Illuminator Lips: @colourpopcosmetics Dohee Eyes: @colourpopcosmetics Maybe, and Teaspoon liners @stilacosmetics Jade Smudge Stick @shopvioletvoss Rose, Copperella, and Gabriella glitter @revlon PhotoReady Eye Art Duo, Black Brilliance Lashes: @lorealmakeup Miss Manga Mascara @kokolashes Goddess Tap on the link provided in my bio for full deets cuties😋 #eye #colourpop #christmas #mistletoe #blendthatshit #blogger #makeup #mootd #glam #revlon #shimmer #glitter #violetvoss #artist #holidaymakeup #eyebrows #abh #lashes #toofaced #katvond #makeupshoutouts #pretty #norvina #morphegirl #makeupartistsworldwide #tutorial #makeupvideo

A video posted by Lillee Jean Trueman (@thaeyeballqueen) on