Thursday, November 17, 2016

Holiday Series: Glittery Snowy Man Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial

                      While some of you might be takin' a step back at the words, "snowy man", found in my blog post title, let me explain! A snow man, is simply two plops of snow with the additives of hats, scarves, and carrots for noses. However, a SNOWY man, is a snow man, covered in an ongoing snow storm! It really is not a difficult concept, I just didn't feel "snow man" covered the entire makeup look concept. This will take some time, and good penmanship, but the best of things happen to those who're patient, right?! Paired with a bright red lip, you'll be the snow stopper of the day. Ha-ha...get it? SNOW...stopper? Alrighty then...onwards.

                 Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 

Time to complete this tutorial: 54 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                  1 Hour, 20 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

L'Oreal Paris - True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation, W2 Light Ivory
Nars Cosmetics - The Multiple Stick, Copacabana
Mac Cosmetics - Lipstick, Russian Red 

                  You might have the most neutral of undertones, but just as a Mac Cosmetics artist once explained to me, sometimes extreme contrasting colors such as green and red (think Christmas), can bring out the best in each other! With this being said, I truly wanted Russian Red lipstick by Mac to stand out against the frosty white hues on my eyes, so I kept my skin simple, yet glowing from within. To do so, I first prepped my skin with the Marc Jacobs Beauty Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Base! One pump should suffice for the majority of dry skinned beauties. With that pump, I smoothly massaged the product into my skin with a series of tiny circular blends to ensure every inch of my face was covered, and coated. As many of you know L'Oreal's Lumi Cushion Foundation is by far one of my all time favorite drugstore foundations! It not only yields a glowing finish, it covers to one's needs whether they desire a high coveraged finish, or light coveraged finish. I myself was aiming for a sheer coating, just enough to cancel out any redness my skin had! Taking Morphe's M439 Deluxe Buffer brush, I firmly pushed into the cushion base until adequate product transferred onto the M439 bristles, then I began lightly swishing the product onto my skin beginning from redened areas such as under my nose, and perhaps on tiny blemishes. I made sure all excess was blended throughly towards my hairline, and under my jawline! For that sweet glow I was talkin' about earlier in this blog post, I whipped out Nars's Copacabana, and smudged it onto my cheekbones specifically-- enough p
roduct comes out that I could drag excess down the other high points of my face! For example, after the product was smudged on, I began blending it out with my ring finger, and whatever was left on my ring finger I took down the bridge of my nose. Simple enough? As far as the lippies go, you loves know Russian Red was glided on! By the way, you could add a gloss for a dimensional finish, but I wanted focus on my eyes, know this will cause a lighting difference.
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Mac Cosmetics - Chromagraphic Pencil, Pure White (detailing)
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out (snow man details)
BH Cosmetics - Glitter Collection, Silver
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Waterproof Creme Colors, Coral Reef (carrot nose)
Sugarpill - Loose Eyeshadow Pigment, Grand Tiara (snowflakes)
KoKo Lashes - Marilyn

                      This is certainly NOT your typical snowy eye makeup look, but the unusual sometimes is quite alluring, and can be fun! Watering down the products list, all one shall need handy is a sharp white eyeliner pencil, some falsies, silver glitter, orange lipstick or shadow, and a black liner.  I would like to make it a point, that unlike other tutorials, my snowy man look contains a dupable set of products that easily can be shopped at the drugstore! That means there are no exceptions for not trying to at-least take on this snowball :). As you beauties know I haven't groomed my brows in a few weeks, so please try and ignore the loose brow hairs! I shaved off SO MUCH last time, I'm a bit frightened to go any further, so enjoy the furry muppet while you can! To make my brows seem bearable, I brushed on Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn with a few light, and defining brush strokes. From there, I jumped right into the eye makeup by pulling out Mac's Chromographic Liner Pencil in Pure White! For outlining purposes, I first glided the color across my waterlines, then took to my crease by forming a sleek angled line just above my natural creasing, this is better known as a CUT crease. My pencil's point was rather dull from all the smudging, so just before sharpening it up, I smudged the remaining dull product across my lids in slashes, and tiny clouds just above the cut crease line. Clouds can simply be made with random swirls, and the slashes, please make sure they CREASE when you open your eyes, this way they appear dimensional, and snowy. Putting the outline on hold, I began building my snowman by first drawing on a tiny hat detail with Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner product! The best way to go about this is drawing a square, then a straight line underneath. From the hat, I started branching off into a tiny circle, as well as a larger circle to be the base body! Arms, of course are necessary, but feel free to jazz em' up anyway you please -- I made my snowman dancing with one arm up, and one arm down. The last few details include adding a tiny scarf around the connecting base body circles, adding tiny eyes, and a carrot nose with your choice of orange lipstick, shadow, or liner!

                   Details are EVERYTHING! You could stop at this point at call it a day by adding on some falsies, or you could take it the extra mile by applying glitter, and some snowflake like decals. For me, once I had my snowman set on each eye, I went ahead, and firmly packed on the Bh Cosmetics Glitter in Silver across not only my upper lash lines as eyeliner, but across the cut crease line with a Tarte Etch & Sketch liner brush. Feel free to add a glitter base to ensure a highly pigmented finish will be achieved! The last tedious step I shall take you loves through is filling in your snowman with a white color, and drawing on some tiny snowflakes (use a foiled silver such as Sugarpill's Grand Tiara) to the outer-parts of your eyes. To avoid confusion, the clouds above the cut crease (cut crease poses as snow humps), are snowing snow flakes. I probably should of explained this earlier, whoops!  Now onto the lashes, I coated my natural beauty's with L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara, then applied KoKo's Lashes in Marilyn on-top of the strip of glitter eyeliner above my upper lash lines. I hope you cuties enjoyed, let me know what you think, and if you have any holiday requests! Kisses, XOXO, your Lilz.