Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Holiday Series: Emerald Green Christmas Present Inspired Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial | Morphe 35U Pallet

                Happy post election day loves! While the results are dragging many down, realize the Lord is not dumb, there always is a plan set in place. Remain faithful, and know the end is inevitable, but it's how you go about it. 

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud." (1 Corinthians 13:3-12 NIV)

          Aside from this heavy hitting information, I currently have a sore throat, so in my silence, I shall blog for you love bunnies! This is the second holiday tutorial of the season, so I wanted to stretch my skills out, and go for a bit of new concepts. For example, aside from the tiny bow detail, I really worked on the crispness of cut crease lines, and my placement of shadow! Do be aware this tutorial unlike others WILL require a certain skill level, but I am confident in the fact with enough patience anyone could replicate this present inspired cut crease. I hope you all enjoy, XOXO, your Lilz.

                    Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 

Time to complete this tutorial: 54 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                   1 Hour, 23 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  
Urban Decay Cosmetics - Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder, Illuminated 
BH Cosmetics - Glitter Collection, Silver
Mac Cosmetics - Lustreglass, Lustrewhite 

           Imagine if you were a holiday present! Would ya' have a red and white bow? Or, super glittery skin to resemble the holiday at hand? If you answered, "uh huh" to both those questions, I guarantee you, this tutorial will be magnifique for you. With such heavy eye makeup, one should strive for flawless skin beforehand this way contrasting tones will cease to exist! Personally, my Marc Jacobs Perfecting Coconut Primer, and my Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation seem to be the only products that react well with my skin type, so do excuse me if I use this combination more often in the following months. Speaking of those products anyway, to begin the face makeup, I pumped out equal counterparts of product onto the back of my hand, that means one pump of primer, one pump of foundation, and with a Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer, I carefully swirled the mixture together to only apply all given to my skin. I actually had a few dry patches present, so on those areas the most coverage was focused, since gel foundations can transcend to creams coverage, and hydration wise. Once I had a flawless complexion, and gave both products ample time to sink in, I moved straight along to adding a bit of shimmer to my skin! Now, I realize many beauties out there despise shimmering, or glittery glows, hence they might not be equipped with the products necessary for this tutorial. For those people, try using sheer pigments, think Lumi by Sugarpill with a micro shimmer texture! Back to the ball game, I pulled out Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in Illuminated, and with a Mac 159 Brush carefully patted the highly pigmented powder onto my cheekbones, and down the bridge my nose. This later was followed by a slight patting of Silver Glitter by BH Cosmetics strictly onto my cheekbones for an eye catching effect! As far as my lippies go I brushed on a clear coating of Mac's Lustrewhite, Lustreglass, and then topped it off with a few sprinkles of Silver glitter by Bh Cosmetics. While one can add color to the lips, I felt it took too much away from the eye makeup, besides the fact sheer white gloss adds an ethereal effect!
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
ColourPop Cosmetics - Creme Gel Liners, Teaspoon
Morphe Brushes - 35U Multi-Color Shimmer Eyeshadow Pallet: Row 3, Column 7 (lids, lower lash line); Row 1, Column 3 (outer corners)
Violet Voss Cosmetics - Glitter,  Gabriella Glitter (lids, lower lash lines)
 Cover Fx - Cream Foundation, N0 (cut crease outline)
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
KoKo Lashes - Marilyn

              I probably should of photographed the tiny bow detail better...but oh well, not meant to be I suppose! For this portion I shall play up more on the right eye, than the left, since it is the basis for the other eye. Wow, that made total sense...ONWARDS! To begin I brushed on my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn, smudged Teaspoon creme liner by Colourpop across both my lids as a base, then, got down to business shadow wise. The first color applied to my lids was Row 3, Column 7 from Morphe's 35U pallet! This beautiful deep green was gently patted fully across my eyelids while using a Mac 239 to execute this neatly. You shall find the base of Teaspoon to come in handy because it not only enhances the richness of green hues, it adheres better to these creamy shadows as opposed to any regular priming base would! Before setting my 239 brush down, I went ahead and smudged excess product across my lower lash lines, then dipped into Row 5, Column 7 to only apply the deep black onto the outer third of my predicted cut crease outline. Since we've mentioned this outline, it's best to get it outta' the way now to avoid clutter, because I know how ANNOYING long lists of products can be! With that being said, swirling into N0 Cream Foundation by Cover Fx with a Tarte Etch & Sketch liner brush, I carefully winged out one line from the outer base of my eye, then swooped the line inwards hugging a few inches above my natural crease. I took left over product onto the inner corners of my eyes to enhance the neutral ivory contrast against all emerald hues! Prior to applying glitter, and just ahead of finishing up the outline I glided Teaspoon across my waterlines, and applied a bit of N0 towards the inner corners of my waterlines to form an ombre like effect. Do be noted for people with far apart eyes this WILL create a bunch of light that directs towards the center of your face, adding the detail of white onto the inner corners MIGHT not be a benefit you!

         It's glitter time! Yanno, after I bought Gabriella glitter by Violet Voss, I've been DYING to use it as a singular shade, not a conjunction one, and boy, my wish, dream, and hopes have been granted. Without any glitter glue needed, I carefully tilted my head back, and patted the shade firmly across my lids, as well as lower lash line with ample pressured pushes! Don't fear building up pigment, the glory comes within the glitter. Finishing up, and adding final touches I coated my lashes with L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara, then applied my favorite KoKo Lashes in Marilyn! A quick trick to making the lashes seem thicker, and more voluminous then they really are is by lining AFTER applying em', and making sure the line topples a few inches above the lash band. Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid liner has yet to fail me! I wish you all the best of luck these next few days, and I hope for you all to spread love, and never hate. We cannot unite a nation without people who're willing to give a little in! Love you all :)!!