Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Harry Potter: Ravenclaw Inspired Makeup Tutorial

             Do I have any Potter fans here? As being a lover of the movies, as well as the books, I thought it would be a grand idea to converge makeup, with the house concepts! This isn't necessarily a NEW idea, since numerous artists have taken on the challenge, but you may look at this series as my input based on each house's abilities (strengths, talents, what they're know for). Today, I've chosen Ravenclaw as my first house to begin with, because I've been lacking in the blue department! Essentially Ravenclaw's are extremely intelligent, witty, and creative. A known line is, "they will always find their kind"...can I add a WINK to that?! Okay...maybe not, it just seemed suiting. Anyhow, I hope you loves enjoy, thank you for all the love on my previous makeup looks so far, XOXO, your Lilz!

            Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 

Time to complete this tutorial: 40 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                  1 Hour (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Contour Kit Refill, 10K (glow)
BH Cosmetics - Glitter Collection, Silver
Mac Cosmetics - Lustreglass, Lustrewhite 

               Apologies on my lighting love bunnies! I thought the dimmer lights would create a spooky, classic Harry Potter effect, but now looking back at the images, they have too high of a contrast from standing closer to my Diva Light Nova...WHOOPSIE! With all that being said, please bare with me I will ensure the next house tutorials are of a better quality. Anyhow, to the actual makeup, I began by prepping my skin with one pump of the Marc Jacobs Perfecting Coconut Face Primer! This product was taken across the four main zones of my face, and was smoothed in with firm massaging motions targeting all dry areas. From there, I worked to clear up my complexion up with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in Ivory! Stick's are a dream to work with, especially when one has their work cut out for them eye makeup wise. Similarly to the method I used with my face primer, the stick was smudged across my cheeks, and on the center of my forehead, plus chin, of course this is better known as the 4 main zones, or planes! After checking twice to ensure the layout of product was even, I went ahead to blending in all the foundation with a Morphe M439 Brush -- stipples, and soft buffing motions are most ideal. Generally Ravenclaw's are pale, and have Nordic features, however since my skin tone compliments gold shimmers best, I dusted 10K by Anastasia across the high points of my face with a Mac 159 brush! You really cannot see the sheer gold, but with such a dark contrast on my lids, a pale frosty highlight would bring in the wrong ray of lights. As far as my lips go, I first applied Mac's Lustreglass for a tacky base, then went ahead and patted on Silver Glitter by Bh Cosmetics across my upper, and lower lip! If you recall, I used this method for my Emerald Green Christmas Present Tutorial. Being the eye makeup is SUPER messy, I'd advise those who work freehand to start off with the eye makeup first, then to move up a level to the face makeup!
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Milk
Urban Decay Cosmetics - Vice 3 Pallet: Heroine (lids); Brokedown (lower lash lines)
Violet Voss Cosmetics - Glitter, Rayne Glitter
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
KoKo Lashes - Marilyn
   
                  Long story short, everything was going well, until mid-process...I BLINKED, and huzzah, glitter went everywhere! I look at this as perhaps a Ravenclaw's creativity spreading out onto their strong will, but that's just me. Just after defining my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade product, I began applying shadow specifically from Urban Decay's Vice3 Pallet. Ravenclaw's have THREE main shades - bronze, deep sapphire, and streaks of white! Knowing Urban Decay no longer sells the Vice 3 pallet, I felt letting you loves privy to that information was a necessity. Anyhoo, the closest base shade I could get to a sapphire was Heroine! The deep color was patted across both my lids, adequately until I achieved vivid pigment on both sides, this was followed by the shade Brokedown, a molten gold, stretched across my lower lash lines using the same brush (Mac 239). Once my base shades were on, I began using them as a guide for my feather inspired wing strokes! Smudging into Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk with a Tarte Etch & Sketch Brush, for precision, I began well above my crease line, and with one stroke tugged the brush straight across my lids, up extended towards the tail end of my brows. I continued these strokes, and began branching off into tinier feather wings, until I reached my lower lash line. There, I worked on the outer corners, and drew on a maximum of 4 (four) strokes angled towards my hairline. This method is actually pretty simple, you just must have a sorta' angle to your flicks!

                To begin finishing up, I first lined my waterlines with Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder, then coated my natural lashes with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara. Just before setting down my falsies, I quickly coated the lower part of my lids with Rayne Glitter by Violet Voss -- here is where I'd advise using a glitter glue, because the shifting was quite uncomfortable! Speaking of falsies, I kept my upper lash line free of liquid liner, and proceeded to applying Marilyn by KoKo Lashes closely to my natural lash lines. Be sure to glamorize by adding a touch of gems, and some vintage earring such as I did! By the way, I though using the feather prop as a writing tool looked rather chic paired with my "HMMMM, I see" expression. What do you loves think, and most of all, what is YOUR favorite Harry Potter movie, as well as house? Looking forward to seeing your responses, XOXOX.