Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Copper & Metallic Deep Moss Fall Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                              Whether you enjoy warmer temperatures or not, this Autumn has definitely brought front a bizarre mix of conditions! Last week it was BEYOND frosty, to the point I had to bundle up, and yet, this week in particular temperatures have sky rocketed back up to as they were in late April, early May. With such a change, as you love bunnies know I am most inspired by Nature, and the things around me, I decided to create a classic fall smokey eye inspired by the vintage hat worn down below, in all photos, and the constant weather change from fall (warm coppers), to mid-Spring (dark mossy green)! I hope you cuties enjoy, and thank you all for supporting me a full year and three months constantly, throughout this journey. Expect an official Theyeballqueen.com website early 2017, and also anticipate more blog posts situating around DIY techniques that I've developed myself! Cough cough...yes that means stay tuned, he-he.

                   Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly!  

Time to complete this tutorial: 16 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                   23 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Nars Cosmetics - Sheer Glow Foundation, Gobi  
Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; One (1) Pump of Primer
Nars Cosmetics - Highlighting Blush, Miss Liberty 
Nyx Cosmetics - Matte Lipstick, Sable 
Bobbi Brown - Skin Weightless Powder Foundation, 1 Warm Ivory

              First off, we have our base! A base generally just covers any imperfections, and forms a flawless canvas for following products to come. Today, since my skin is on the pale side I opted in for using my Nars Cosmetics Sheer Glow Foundation in the shade Gobi! I don't know about you guys, but I prefer routines that go by swiftly, and have an impact on my daily life. Instead of hand by hand applying primer, and foundation separately, I combined the two with equivalent sized amounts (one pump of my Marc Jacobs Beauty Coconut Primer, about a quarter sized amount of my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation) onto the back of my hand, then swirled into the mix with a dense Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer to only disburse all given product onto my skin with a series of circular, and slight stippling motions! Essentially, stipples are meant to build up product, without adding more, and circular motions are meant to blend product in seamlessly, without any streaks visible. Use a method that works best for you, as always :)! Included in the base category is glowing, and sometimes blush.  With such intensive colors used throughout this tutorial, I felt leaving the blush out of this picture, so to speak, was the best decision for myself! Anyhow, swirling firmly into Miss Liberty Highlighting Blush by Nars Cosmetics, I gently smudged the pigment across my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose by using a Mac Duo-Fibre 159 Brush. Miss Liberty contains visible glitter particles, so this might not be a product for everyone, but I can assure you all that peach toned highlighters will REALLY bring out the warm tones this look encompasses! Speaking of warm tones, I've been dying to use my Nyx Matte Lipstick in Sable ALL month long in October. Thankfully, the lipstick had a place with this tutorial. Try to stick within the range of warm nude, to mocha brown -- NOTHING cool toned, it'll drag the makeup look down! Once I finished the eye makeup, I moved along to setting my skin, or really my under eye area with a gentle patting of Bobbi Brown's Skin Weightless Powder Foundation, in 1 Warm Ivory onto those problematic areas (sides of nose, perhaps on blemishes still visible), I used a dampened Beauty Blender Pro, by the way.
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pan(s):
  Flame Thrower (inner third of lid); Jester (center of lid); Corrupt (lower lash line, inner v)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Shadow, Copperplate (transition shade)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
KoKo Lashes - Marilyn

              Today was indeed a Makeup Geek extravaganza! Recently I reorganized my Z-Pallets, and for some reason this new order has sparked such creativity in me. It has allowed me to fall in love with some shades once again, and has also allowed me to use colors that haven't been touched in months! With that being said, once I finished defining my brows (Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn), I moved straight along to my MUG shadows, and specifically aimed for Flame Thrower first. This color has a strong resemblance to the glitter fabric on my vintage hat, so naturally, I went straight for it. The trick with foiled shadows is not to apply them with brushes, but with your fingers! Yes, some of you are clean freaks, I get it, but look at this as a ColourPop eyeshadow -- there's only one way to achieve that intensive pigment my friends. Sanitizing both my hands before digging into the shadow, I carefully patted into the true copper, and transferred the given product onto the inner thirds of my both lids with firm dragging motions! This color was followed by Jester, a deep mossy green reminiscent of the hat as well.  Continue the same dragging motions until both pigments are extremely visible, and metallic! As a quick tip, you can either start from the top of your lids, then drag down towards your upper lash line, OR work horizontally with dragging from the inner corners, out to the center of your lids. Before adding dimension, I quickly dusted Copperplate by Mac Cosmetics into my crease with a Mac 224 Tapered Blending Brush this way optimal gradience would be achieved! Nowwww, switching brushes to a defining Morphe M433 brush, and shadows to a dark black, Corrupt by Makeup Geek, I got down to blending busniess. The smokey shadow was taken into the inner v of my eye's, and down to my lower lash lines in one full swoop of a blend! Continue building up pigment until a noticeable drama forms. 

                  Lashes, and eyeliner are tedious steps, but among the hardest to master! You probably hear all the time "practice makes perfect", and that it does, but what truly makes for a mean eyeliner style is knowing the concepts inside and out, and truly believing in yourself. Just as I explained to a young fan of mine, the more you believe, the less stress occurs, thus one's hand shakes less, and becomes accustomed to the motions of eyeliner flicks. Sadly, today was not a flick day, more of a smudge and go! After fully coating my lashes with L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara (main emphasis on my lower lashes), I pulled out my Mac Cosmetics Eye Kohl in Smolder, and glided the deep black across both waterlines, as well as across my upper lash lines with side to side tugs.  To finish off the eye makeup, I applied my KoKo Lashes in Marilyn closely to both upper lash lines! Falsies are optional, but they're sorta' my thing ;). I hope you cuties enjoyed, XOXO, your Lilz.