Saturday, November 5, 2016

Bright Red & Electric Pink Glittery Halo Eye Makeup Tutorial

                 Welcome back love bunnies! Ever hear that old high fashion secret situating around, "red and pink DO NOT work together?" If you're laughing just as I am, you'd realize any range of hues, tones and pure colors can work together for as long as they're the correct shade. For example, straight red and pink, clothing wise, might not look the best, but changing the light pink to a baby shade, and the red to a muted color, might create a sensual vibe! The same purpose follows through with cosmetics. Perhaps bold red lips wouldn't compliment the electric eyeshadow best, but by creating a halo'ed eye effect, it not only pulls both colors together, it forms a melody of hues. I truly hope you love bunnies enjoy, and for those scared of color, I wish for this to could push ya' out of your comfort zone, a bit! 

                Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case.  


Time to complete this tutorial: 24 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                   30 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Natasha Denona - All Over Glow Face & Body Shimmer, Powder 01 Light
Mac Cosmetics - Lipstick: Bombshell, Angel 

                 Just as I mentioned on my sneak peak Instagram post last night, this new way I'm doing makeup not only compliments my personality, it compliments my skin! Less breakouts, thus less product is to be used, and quick as a whip routines, thus less stress on my part. I find it looks better anyway on camera, and in real life since I LOOK like myself, and not a photo-finished doll! With that mouthful being said, to kick off the face makeup I poured out a pump of my Marc Jacobs Beauty, Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer, center of my left palm, then clenched both my hands together this way a product transfer would occur, and from there softly massaged the creamy substance into my skin, dually working both sides, since both hands were coated. Be sure to sanitize your hands, and tools, before applying any sort of cosmetic item this way germs do not enter the epidermis layer at a closer level! Since I have skin that leans drier than most, I tend to allow my primer NO sinking in time, because I truly need that extra hydration, plus it gives any given foundation an extra blending boost. Speaking of foundation, I went with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in Ivory! Being this product is a stick, application is super simple.  All I did was smudge the product across the four (4) main planes of my face, then pulled out a Morphe M439 to carefully blend the foundation in! I prefer sticking with huge circular buffing motions, and tiny stipples for areas needed a bit of extra coverage. 

               Although my Anastasia foundation yields a natural glow, I desire a high radiance finish! Soooooo, taking out Natasha Denona's All Over Face & Body Shimmer in the color 01 Light, I carefully dusted the powder across my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose with a Mac 159 brush. Of course, you're free to glow any area you'd desire, and are free to have any radiance your desire, but I felt since the focus was truly on the eye makeup, and lips, the face should be a bare, yet supple! The last thing I happened to do face makeup wise was apply lipstick.  This was a thinker, let meee tell ya'! Red, as mentioned earlier would be too intensive, magenta too vibrant, and baby pink, too light, but aha, then there was Bombshell and Angel by Mac Cosmetics. These two colors put together create a beautiful Valentine pink, that would love amazing on any array of skin tones! Instead of coating Angel strictly across Bombshell, I concentrated the color center of my lips, this way not only a fuller effect would be yielded, it adds a sweeter, and more dramatic outcome. Setting powder, and setting spray are optional, I just wasn't feelin' the extra staying power was necessary! 
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Sugarpill Cosmetics - Shadow(s)/Pigment(s): Love+ (lower lash line, inner and outer corner); Birthday Girl (center lid)
Urban Decay Cosmetics - Alice Through The Looking Glass Eyeshadow Pallet: Looking Glass (crease); Lily (inner corners); Cake (lid)
Violet Voss Cosmetics - Glitter, Pixie Pink (center lid)
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

              I feel as though the eye makeup up close is LESS intimidating as opposed to far away! Possibly this is because from afar the colors seem more intricate, and up close the shades are clearly blended out, plus I give you loves a comprehensive list of products in which you can use to spot check. Anyhow getting back to the tutorial, once I had finished applying my Mac lipsticks, I scurried along to defining my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade product! Only a light coating, and fill in is required, however everyone is different when it comes to their brows, so do what works best for your face shape. Remember, brows can alter your face shape drastically, experimentation is KEY! As many of you know, I tend to skip primer since during the foundation stage I brush over my lids. Foundation can just as easily hold strong color bases as a bare eyelid primer! With all that being said, the first color applied to my lids is Cake from Urban Decay's Alice Through the Looking Glass Eyeshadow Pallet. Cake, with a Morphe M433 brush was dusted across both lids in two sheer coatings, then was mixed with Looking Glass shadow, and brought into my crease! Keep in mind these two shadows are washes of color, essentially, so you can be as vibrant, or as light as you desire, just make sure everything is fully blended (stick with side to side sweeps). Before setting the pallet down, I quickly popped Lily into the inner corners just because I felt the gold-pink shift was absolute stunning, and complimented the overall color scheme wonderfully! Back to the upper lids, I took Love+ by Sugarpill, and went to blending heaven by swirling the color throughout the direct creasing of my eye lid sockets with an emphasis on the inner and outer corners. All excess product was dragged towards my lower lash line, this way dimension would occur!  Finishing up the shadow, I took a cleaned Mac 224 Tapered Blending Brush, and swished the bare bristles across my crease to ensure a fully blended finish was achieved. To create a higher contrast, I patted a combination of Birthday Girl, by Sugarpill, and Pixie Pink Glitter, by Violet Voss Cosmetics onto the center of both lids! This step is MEANT to be messy, thus you don't need glitter glue, nor a perfect placement of the products. 

             Eyeliner and lashes are two staples in everyday makeup tutorials for myself, but they're also amongst the boringest' of steps, too! Making this the least painful of all, I simply glided Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder across both my waterlines to form another sense of contrast, lined my upper lash lines with Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, this way the vibrant colors stayed separate and did not make my eyes appear smaller, and finally coated my natural lashes with L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara, paired with Huda Beauty's Classic Falsies in Scarlett. Choosing high volume styles will play up on the glitter, and halo eye'd effect we just created! Obviously, low volume styles would work just as well, but they won't yield the same effect a dramatic style such as Scarlett would. I hope you loves enjoyed, please stay tuned for further blog posts, love you all, XOXO, your Lilz!
SaveSave