Saturday, November 26, 2016

Baby Oil Benefits (makeup remover, moisturizer, and hair mask) | Winter Beauty TIPS

                  Baby oil, which is either reccommened, or overlooked can actually become your new pal this Winter! If stand alone moisturizer isn't cutting' it, then perhaps it's time to switch things up, I know I did. From being able to not only moisturize the skin DEEPER than lotions, and being able to act as a cosmetic makeup remover, this cheap gem is an absolute miracle worker! Just like I had a transition into autumn series, today I shall begin the transition into Winter series, which really involves beauty tips given by yours truly, and perhaps a few "Winter" inspired looks, though the Holiday series I have running as of a few weeks ago covers up that concept well. I hope you cuties enjoy, and for those dry skinned beauties, hopefully this can be your new found love!

                   Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 

                 First off, what exactly IS baby oil? Since I use the Johnson & Johnson brand, I will say mineral oil is the main ingredient second to parfum, though the fragrance is VERY faint. Before health junkies go on mini rants on how "BAD" mineral oil is for the skin, let me start by saying, as being EXTREMLY sensitive to not only lotions, but actual medications, i'd beg to differ. Literally, on the hunt for years to find the perfect moisturizer I've gone through a period of pure painful breakouts, a period of itchy skin with hives from allergic reaction TO fragrance, and an alternative to mineral oil (seaberry) breakout from just the lightest coating. It's truly been a trip, until my mom the other day thought trying out the baby oil would be a beneficial idea to me, and boy was she correct...as always (I can hear her chuckling)! 

                     My first trial run was using the baby oil on my skin after a HIDEOUS breakout occurred due to my nerves.  I figured, "what do I have to lose?" Within a day's worth of time, I noticed the mineral oil soothed the breakouts, and even acted as an anecdote of sorts to de-clog any pores stuffed with hormonal gook. The second time I tried out the product, I took things a step further! Before going into the shower, I coated my hair generously in the oil, let it sit for 20 minutes, then hopped into the shower to only moisturize my skin with the oil minutes later, and be surprisingly pleased with the results. If you take a peak to the photo provided to your left, you shall see the difference in shine my hair had before the oil was applied, during the application, and after. The best part is, not much had to be applied, and my hair DID NOT feel weighed down after.  BUT WAIT, I shall not stop there! Today, I decided to use the baby oil as a MAKEUP REMOVER. Getting the makeup is one thing, but removing it is a whole other ball game! In fact, I think most women spend more time on HOW TO remove, then actually HOW TO apply makeup. I kid you not, within one saturation of a cotton ball, the glittery eyeliner I had on from my Winter Citrus Wreath & Mistletoe detail makeup tutorial came off without ONE SWIPE-- this was the first time I've experienced makeup removal WITHOUT glitter going in my eyes, and all over my face!

                        Let's see, above in my trial runs I not only described how baby oil works as a moisturizer but as a hair mask, and makeup remover IN ONE! I just want to bring focus to two certain points the brand makes about their product, "pure mineral oil forms a silky barrier to help prevent excess moisture loss; locks in up to 10 time more moisture...than...ordinary lotion..." One thing you loves WANT when it comes to a moisturizer for the Winter is a protective barrier. It'll help less of a pore clog occur, and it will prevent more dryness from occurring due to wind lash, and chilling conditions. In my opinion, at least, there is no better product than baby oil when it comes to the Fall to Winter transition. The best part is you can get a bottle that at most costs $2.00, thus it's the least inexpensive, and most higher chanced positive outcome product out there for dry skin. Listen, baby products are MEANT to be mild, and soothing. The worst that can occur, is nothing happens and it doesn't work for you! Agree? Agree! Feel free to check out my Instagram live demo below, it'll clarify how I remove my makeup, and PROVE the effectiveness of this product.

Annnnnd what I have been using lately to remove my makeup, and hydrate my skin -- also, baby oil! I have SUPER sensitive skin, paired with dryness, so as you mighta' guessed it's a struggle finding "just right" products. Literally, I can't even rinse my face regularly because of it becoming irritated from mild cleansers, as a reference point for others who might be desperate! (Yes, I've also tried home remedies, and well...let's just say those didn't work well either) Song: The Weeknd, Can't Feel My Face #winter #beautytip #tip #unique #curlyhair #blogger #makeup #baby #nomakeup #howto #tutorial #sensitiveskin #red #mua #color #howto #live #babyoil #skincare #skin #natural #beauty #care #mask #video #lashes #eyebrows #pampering

A video posted by Lillee Jean Trueman (@thaeyeballqueen) on