Sunday, November 27, 2016

Abstract (Negative Space Cut Crease) Bubblegum Pink Girly Makeup Tutorial

                Hello, hello my cuties! It is quickly closing in to the end of November, soooo be sure to keep a close eye out for more Wintery, and holiday inspired tutorials, the Holiday Series will pursue on until January 1st, 2017. Besides that quick reminder, today I let my imagine flow, and came up with a super girly, abstract (better known as graphic, or editorial type) eye makeup look that paired wonderfully with Dose of Colors Seductive lip color, in which I've been DYING to get my hands on for the longest time ever! I hope you cuties enjoy, and can appreciate this gradient mashup of liner styles, MWAH, XOXO.

        Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 

Time to complete this tutorial: 23 (professionals/myself)
                                        30 (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Natasha Deanna - Face Glow Cream Shimmer, 01 Light
Dose of Colors - Creamy Lipstick, Seductive

               Yes, normally your love bunny begins with a priming base, but honestly my new baby oil discovery has kept my skin so supple, it's unnecessary (the baby oil ALSO creates a barrier between the skin, and makeup level, just as a primer would). I did however start off my routine with a bit of foundation coating over any blemishes, and red spots. The Anastasia Stick Foundation in Ivory seems to be agreeing with my skin SUPER well, which is a godsend since many foundations have a negative effect on my sensitive skin! For those who're trying out this look at home, aim for a porcelain complexion, but be sure to NOT hinder your natural beauty. Freckles, moles, and all that cute stuff makes YOU, you! Hence, why lately I've been going for a spot concealing method. It has truly improved my skin, and as far as I'm concerned has made me look more unique due to my freckles being seen, plus the fact the whole shebang looks human, and not doll like, which I personally prefer. Anyhow, back to MAKEUP! For just a slight glow that wouldn't overpower the rest of my makeup, yet would be noticeable, I glided on Natasha Denona's Face Glow Cream Shimmer product onto the high points of my face, with a main emphasis on my cheekbones, and on the tip/bridge of my nose. I haven't used ND in quite some time, so purchasing this bad boy a few days ago was refreshing, might I say ;)! To top things off I coated my lips in Seductive lipstick by Dose of Colors-- any magenta with bright hot pink notes will work cuties, just stick within a bright range, it'll accent the eye work well.
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
ColourPop Cosmetics - Creme Gel Liner, Boots (outline, eyeliner)
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Milk (negative space details)
Mac Cosmetics - Zoom Lash, Beets Me
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett  

            The cosmetic list seem simple enough? GOOD, because a whole lot of blending, and color transferring will be done, so be sure to add a clean paper towel to that list! Let's begin with the easy stuff, shall we? First comes the brows, and for some reason my fleek on these babies has been amazing, thank tha' lord for em' growing out so lush after my massive shaving massacre. Anyhow, I filled them in with my typical Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade, and made sure to keep the edges free, and not so harsh since I intended the eye makeup to be flawless. Speaking of the actual eye makeup, pulling out Boots liner by ColourPop (any lipstick that is magenta, or hot pink shall do), I began by creating a simple cut crease line stemming from the beginning of the inner corners of my eye, out towards a parallel base to my brow tail. Just before setting the beauty down I went ahead and lined my waterlines, as well as my upper lash line with one full wing -- by this point you should have TWO lines made! Nowwww here comes the mixing part. Rubbing my Anastasia #12 brush against Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil by Nyx Cosmetics, I underlined the OUTER-PART of my cut crease line, then took excess product under my lower lash line in one straight flick edging out towards my hairline. Think of this as a reverse fish eyeliner style, just with a white turning into a pink, hehe! One thing I recommend is you loves going back over the cut crease negative space line to ensure it's a pigmented pink line, and to go back in for blending purposes (tiny side strokes will work), a harsh white will take away from the beauty experienced in the different pink tones seen here.

                Seem difficult? It actually isn't when you think about it since there is just a total of 4 lines made, but understanding not everyone can do something like this, it is rather complex. Just before applying mascara, I took the liberty of applying a setting powder across my eyes, that includes even on my waterline to make sure nothing would smudge, nor budge during the full wear time (pinks have tendency to bleed). I actually found this to create a pretty lid color, which was amazing because it did look rather bare without the hint of baby pink! Going back on the track of mascara, I coated both my upper, and lower lashes with Beets Me Mascara by Mac Cosmetics, then applied Huda Beauty's Scarlett Falsies. Why the burgundy, and black mix? Let's just say a faint color on the lower lashes accents a darker lash color up above quite well when we're talkin' feminine makeup.