Monday, November 14, 2016

Abstract Lemon & White Gold Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial

                    The color lemon, often associated with washing out a wide array of skin tones, can actually be the most rejuvenating of all, hear me out! Perhaps a canary like color isn't for you, but I can guarantee any hue of white gold, leaning towards light yellow can flatter the entire spectrum, even for those darker skinned beauties who're craving a brightening boost to their complexions. Today's makeup look, although unconventional, proves that the brightest, and craziest of colors can also be quite wearable since it all stems down to a vibrant cut crease! I hope you loves enjoy, and welcome new love bunnies, XOXO, your Lilz.

                      Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! Acts of "blurring" are NEVER done. Skin, is skin. If my makeup is not up to par on the lens, then it is not something I shall introduce to you beauties, though this has never, and will be never the case. Information stated below is both cited, and from my own studies. NOTHING has been copied, everything is my ideas, or shared concepts. 

Time to complete this tutorial: 27 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                   40 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory
Milani Cosmetics - Color Statement Lipstick, Coral Addict 52


            Typically I don't create such a large margin between the time it takes me to finish a tutorial, and the predicted time a beginner would take, but keeping in mind the concepts exhibited in this makeup tutorial are of a higher level, and will take extreme concentration, I amped up the time a few minutes :)! With all that being said, to begin, off camera (I recorded this as a YT tuto') I prepped my skin with the Marc Jacobs Beauty Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer, and ensured the creamy base adequately absorbed into my pores before moving forth in cleaning up my complexion. I really should've recorded this, but the impatient side of me shined through...OOPSIE! Now taking Anastasia's Stick Foundation in Ivory, I smudged tiny shapes across the four main planes of my face, those being on the tops of my cheeks, and on the center's of my forehead and chin, then with a Morphe M439, I quickly buffed all product in with a series of tiny circular blends, and firm stipples. It seemed suiting to only continue up with a golden glow, so with BeautyBarBaby's Glamorous Life Highlighter, and a Mac 159 brush, I gently smudged the gleaming glittery highlight across my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose! From there, just before getting started with my eye makeup, I coated my lippies with Milani's Coral Addict lipstick. I suggest aiming for a color around 252, 125, 98 RGBmore of a coral, but leaning towards an orange! 
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
NYX Cosmetics - Jumbo Eye Pencil, Milk
Makeup Geek Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pan(s): Peach Smoothie (crease); Lemon Drop (accent shade 2)
Sugarpill Cosmetics - Pressed Eyeshadow, Buttercupcake (accent shade 1)
Violet Voss Cosmetics - Glitter, Goldie (inner third of lid)
O.C.C. - Cosmetic Glitters, Gold (outer third of lid)
Revlon - PhotoReady Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash, Black Brilliance
 Cover Fx - Total Cover Cream Foundation, G20
Revlon - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Mac Cosmetics - Zoom Lash, Beets Me
KoKo Lashes - Bella

         Alright, we have a ton of products listed above, but fret not, all products work into each other, thus making them seem less overwhelming once you get into the full motion of applying cosmetics! To get the tedious steps out of the way, I began by first defining both brows with Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn, then by priming both my lids with Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I tend to NEVER use a priming base, but since I craved vibrancy, a thick white was needed! So, normally a cut crease is a full line stretching from point a, to point b, but for today this was not the case so PLEASE pay close attention to the words I type. To get a sense of where I'd desire my cut crease line to flow through, I smudged Peach Smoothie shadow by Makeup Geek Cosmetics across my natural eye socket creasing with a Bobbi Brown double sided shadow brush, then I picked up my Abh #12 brush, and lightly dipped into Milk by Nyx once more, to only begin carving out a slight curve just above the inner third of my lid. From that curve, I took the product below to my lower lash line, and formed a balanced liner wing with once end extending out towards my hairline, and the other towards my tear ducts! Remember, this is preliminary work to get a sense of where we'd desire the lemon shades to go. Speaking of lemon shades, to begin filling out the accent marks, I swirled into Buttercupcake shadow by Sugarpill Cosmetics, and with that same Abh #12 brush, I gently smudged the matte yellow closely to the beginning of each curved line with firm tiny strokes. This was followed by Lemon Drop as accent shade 2 (emphasized on my lower lash lines), and Glamorous Life Highlighter by BeautyBarBaby. By this point things should appear as a gradient pure yellow, to a light gold! During the transition of hues, I decided to flick excess product left on my brush out as I would a typical cut crease, you should see it parallel to my lower lash line liner on the photo provided to your left. 

           Glitter, glitter, and more glitter! In all honesty, this look can stand on it's own without the dazzling touch of shimmer, but it does add a nice girly touch! With that being said, prior to adding the glitter I cleaned up frayed lines with a smooth coating of Cover Fx's Cream Foundation in my shade G20 across my lids. Again, just like a normal cut crease, clean up is needed. Now using the liquid glitter side provided in Revlon's Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash duo, I firmly lathered the clear crystal shade across both my lids, then moved along to patting Violet Voss's Goldie glitter onto the inner thirds of my lids, followed by Gold glitter by OCC on the outer thirds! This did take a few seconds to build up ample pigment, but the end result was worth it. Just like with the face makeup, I worked a bit backwards today! Instead of doing my eyeliner first, I moved ahead to dazzling up my lashes with Mac's Zoom Lash product in Beets Me, and KoKo's Bella Falsies. From there I released I looked a bit too washed out, so I made my eyes more prominent by gliding Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder across my waterlines, and by applying Revlon's ColorStay Liquid Liner in Black Out on top of both falsie bands! This actually will make your lashes look thicker, wink!!